• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Live 13 preview: http://www.operationsports.com/previews/148/nba-live-13/
During the gameplay, I noticed no off the ball player movement. I mean none. But the Developers stated they simply wanted to show off the passing, so plays were not being run. Another head scratcher to me as this made the game look a little ridiculous. They showed a signature shot from LeBron James, but it didn't look very natural to me at all. In fact, many of the animations seemed to skip frames, it just wasn't fluid. While zooming into player heads, facial hair and tattoos looked great, the gameplay was simply just not worth showing at this time. It's possible/likely this will be cleaned up before launch, but it's worth noting we simply weren't shown much to impress us on the gameplay just yet.

The game seemed too fast. Actually, it looked more arcady to me than sim. Players moved too fast and the developers stated there were no plans at this time to add a speed slider. That is not a good sign for sure. They are implementing a collision system, but they didn't show it at all. It almost seemed like they were more interested in showing off the graphics than actual gameplay.

Shadow780

Transitional year sucks, next year should be more interesting.

And how much money do I need for the Watch Dogs to look like that?

so much bullshit.

I'm very depressed right now.

I really need to grow up and stop letting the Spurs' successes and failures dictate my emotions..

But damn that was heartbreaking. I hate James Harden so much right now.

I don't know if we'll get a chance like this again...

Its like all my fears have manifested themselves. The inexperience of our role players is killing us...72 pts from our big 3 and they still couldn't get it done. Kawhi and JAX are the only ones I trust, and unfortunately they play the same position. I'm not sure if I can expect anything but mediocrity from Tiago, Dejuan, Matt, Danny, and even Boris anymore. The Thunder are averaging 105.6 ppg this series. Its impossible to outscore that pace with only 5 guys contributing...and I highly doubt our defense will find an answer; there is no guarding that team.

We need somebody. Anybody. A legendary performance. Someones gotta do it.

Game 6 will be nuts. The Thunder are about to get hit with pride that has been bubbling over for a decade.

And thats why I believe. Because the heart of our core is too strong to die.

So NBA Live 13 is NBA Live 09 with better graphics? Ehh.

It's their first year back in the saddle, Live 14 and beyond will be better. It's good to have competition in the pro basketball game arena again. 2K's gotten a little complacent, IMO.

EA had like what 2 and a half years of dev time for this. They probably should just give it up.

I really need to grow up and stop letting the Spurs' successes and failures dictate my emotions..

Its like all my fears have manifested themselves. The inexperience of our role players is killing us...72 pts from our big 3 and they still couldn't get it done. Kawhi and JAX are the only ones I trust, and unfortunately they play the same position. I'm not sure if I can expect anything but mediocrity from Tiago, Dejuan, Matt, Danny, and even Boris anymore. The Thunder are averaging 105.6 ppg this series. Its impossible to outscore that pace with only 5 guys contributing...and I highly doubt our defense will find an answer; there is no guarding that team.

Game 6 will be nuts. The Thunder are about to get hit with pride that has been bubbling over for a decade.

After all the shit you talk, you think somebody is gonna feel sorry for your clown ass?

Although it pained me that Spurs lost, this post actually made me happy.

What does this make of you?

Also, remember that at one point, Thunder's big 3 scored 80+ pts and they still lost. Obviously you can't see it from the other side either.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Just start rooting for the team that's located across the street from you, lol.

Hey at least you guys got to play to your near full-potential. The Bulls didn't have that luxury in the postseason.

Welcome to the loserbros team. And this squad is done. Sorry but its true. Duncan has shown he is done too. No more excuses about not being healthy. He is done. Retire Duncan. Retire before you turn into Hakeem in Toronto.

Live is shit, Spurs are now shit, and 2K remade the same game, now including Guitar Hero dunk contest.

I´m supposed to preorder for that?

I didn´t buy 2k12 because i gave up on trying to play online from outside the US. It just never worked on 2k8, 9, 10 or 11, so i just skipped because this gen already has ran it´s course.

We will only see evolution in NBA 2K15, because that might be a next gen game. God forbid they might pull a Madden on us, and then the game will play like it´s PS2 version.

Yikes!

Yeah, i´m still mad that my worst nightmare is becoming a reality and that the Thunder are winning it all. It gets worse: i´m gonna be forced to cheer the Heat in the finals and this is not going to be pretty.

Hey at least you guys got to play to your near full-potential. The Bulls didn't have that luxury in the postseason.

OK now imagine the exact same thing that just happened to the Bulls.

Happening four years in a row.

But! after all that pain and suffering, magic happens. Forgoing all logic, the team comes together and puts together a historic run for the ages.

Now imagine going through a bullshit Harden shot after all that.

If there is a basketball hell, I'm in it.

Vahagn

You guys are silly. Manu has been the biggest bright spot on this team. He's been outplaying Harden through the series, and he outplayed him again last night. The Problem for the Spurs is that Tony and Timmy, especially Timmy, haven't held up their end of the bargain through this series and the role players are letting the pressure and the OKC defense get to them.

SUPREME1

Banned
You guys are silly. Manu has been the biggest bright spot on this team. He's been outplaying Harden through the series, and he outplayed him again last night. The Problem for the Spurs is that Tony and Timmy, especially Timmy, haven't held up their end of the bargain through this series and the role players are letting the pressure and the OKC defense get to them.

Harden is what Enzo used to be.

; )

Yeah Manu has been amazing but you can't expect the guy to carry the whole damn team all 3rd and 4th quarter.

Welcome to the loserbros team. And this squad is done. Sorry but its true. Duncan has shown he is done too. No more excuses about not being healthy. He is done. Retire Duncan. Retire before you turn into Hakeem in Toronto.

Timmy has been fantastic these playoffs. Clearly our best player. He was +17 last night. Its our backup bigs that drop the ball.

The series would probably already be over at 4-1.

Harden is what Manu used to be.

Harden is getting severely outplayed by Manu at the end of his career.

Come back to me when Harden carries his team to the Olympic gold medal against stacked competition, wins 3 championships, a Euroleague title, and well no fuck that....come back to me when hes anywhere near as special as Manu.

Harden is just a lefthanded SG. Those come along every other year.

What makes Manu Ginobili great is something Harden will never have.

KingGondo

Banned

You keep on bringing up "pride." Like the Thunder don't have anything to prove, like they don't want to show the whole league that their time is now. OKC isn't just winning with effort, or with superior talent. They're winning with team basketball. With assists, contributions from roleplayers, and clutch plays down the stretch from their stars.

Beating the Mavs, Lakers, Spurs and Heat on the way to a chip (with your entire core of stars under the age of 24) will absolutely send a message, and that has to motivate this team. Call it "pride," call it whatever you want. But you're not going against some team that's gonna get bored or bend under pressure in a closeout game. Game 6 in that arena will be an absolute shark tank, and you know it.

Not only that, but the Spurs look shaken after these last 3 games. Poor ball movement. Manu Heroball. Green folding like a lawnchair.

The bottom line is that OKC has figured out the Spurs. I truly didn't think it would happen, but they have.

I honestly don't know what'll happen in game 6. I think the Thunder will up the defensive intensity and have a chance to win convincingly--the Spurs' only chance is to come out strong and silence the crowd, and even then I think they'll have a hard time winning comfortably.

You can't even give Harden credit for hitting a tough (and historic) shot. C'mon man.

I know it stung, but that shot took gigantic balls.

And you're acting like OKC hadn't built and lost a big lead before that, which (in my mind) makes his shot even more impressive.

OK now imagine the exact same thing that just happened to the Bulls.

Happening four years in a row.

But! after all that pain and suffering, magic happens. Forgoing all logic, the team comes together and puts together a historic run for the ages.

If there is a basketball hell, I'm in it.

haha cry me a bucket of tears. Your team had the best record in the league. Your team had a top 2 MVP. Your team had one of if not the best man not named Harden coming off the bench. Your team has Pop. Yea, basketball hell my ass.

Live is shit, Spurs are now shit, and 2K remade the same game, now including Guitar Hero dunk contest.

I´m supposed to preorder for that?

I didn´t buy 2k12 because i gave up on trying to play online from outside the US. It just never worked on 2k8, 9, 10 or 11, so i just skipped because this gen already has ran it´s course.

We will only see evolution in NBA 2K15, because that might be a next gen game. God forbid they might pull a Madden on us, and then the game will play like it´s PS2 version.

Yikes!

Yeah, i´m still mad that my worst nightmare is becoming a reality and that the Thunder are winning it all. It gets worse: i´m gonna be forced to cheer the Heat in the finals and this is not going to be pretty.

:/

Im slowly but surely finding out that the internet in my corner of Europe is horrible and expensive. Guess its a sign to get my ass out and travel. I can get all the way to Paris for 15 euro haha.

Vahagn

Timmy has been fantastic these playoffs. Clearly our best player. He was +17 last night. Its our backup bigs that drop the ball.

You have lost your mind. He was fantastic against the all world high school quality defense of Blake Griffin and and DeAndre Jordan but has been ass against Perkins and Ibaka.

Manu has been your best player this series and it's not even close.

But Duncan is better than Kobe guys! Glad that shit didn't last.

And people were getting pissed that I was pointing out how silly that argument was

You have lost your mind. He was fantastic against the all world defense of Blake Griffin and and DeAndre Jordan.

Absolutely. You take Manu out and this series is already over for the Spurs. Its a no contest he has been the one hitting the shots that matter the most consistently.

Hahaha. I love ya Moris.

You keep on bringing up "pride." Like the Thunder don't have anything to prove, like they don't want to show the whole league that their time is now. OKC isn't just winning with effort, or with superior talent. They're winning with team basketball. With assists, contributions from roleplayers, and clutch plays down the stretch from their stars.

Beating the Mavs, Lakers, Spurs and Heat on the way to a chip (with your entire core of stars under the age of 24) will absolutely send a message, and that has to motivate this team. Call it "pride," call it whatever you want. But you're not going against some team that's gonna get bored or bend under pressure in a closeout game. Game 6 in that arena will be an absolute shark tank, and you know it.

Not only that, but the Spurs look shaken after these last 3 games. Poor ball movement. Manu Heroball. Green folding like a lawnchair.

The bottom line is that OKC has figured out the Spurs. I truly didn't think it would happen, but they have.

I honestly don't know what'll happen in game 6. I think the Thunder will up the defensive intensity and have a chance to win convincingly--the Spurs' only chance is to come out strong and silence the crowd, and even then I think they'll have a hard time winning comfortably.

You can't even give Harden credit for hitting a tough (and historic) shot. C'mon man.

I know it stung, but that shot took gigantic balls.

And you're acting like OKC hadn't built and lost a big lead before that, which (in my mind) makes his shot even more impressive.

Dude I don't think you understand.

I don't give a damn about your team or what it accomplishes.

Right now its all about the Spurs and anything the Thunder do is what the Spurs didn't do.

Similarly, I don't give a damn about Kobe or the comparisons you nuthuggers force onto everything. Its not about him and it will never be.

Its a series between the Spurs and themselves. If we overcome our faults, we cement ourselves as a championship quality team. If we don't...well I don't like to think about that.

Vahagn

Right now its all about the Spurs and anything the Thunder do is what the Spurs didn't do.

Congrats man, you've single handily made The Spurs the Heat-West. We are all rooting for your team to lose just because of your attitude.

I bet you're glad you never made that avatar bet with me.

Similarly, I don't give a damn about Kobe or the comparisons you nuthuggers force onto everything. Its not about him and it will never be.

Its a series between the Spurs and themselves. If we overcome our faults, we cement ourselves as a championship quality team. If we don't...well I don't like to think about that.

Let me guess, when the Thunder win it will be due to the Spurs not playing well, right? It won't be due to the Thunder being superior.

Congrats man, you've single handily made The Spurs the Heat-West. We are all rooting for your team to lose just because of your attitude.

?

I give props after a series is done. And last I checked there are still games to be played.

I'm not going to sing the Thunder praises the day before a critical game 6.

Thats fan 101.

Without a doubt.

But Timmy, if you look at the playoffs as a whole, has clearly been our best player.

It doesn't mean much because its a 1A 1B 1C scenario and team accomplishments matter more, especially at this stage.

This is dumb. Give credit where it's due. Sure, series isn't over but you were one annoying guy before the series started. "Spurs can't be beat, something something something, 50 wins!!!"

I'm almost siding with the Thunders because of the way you're acting. Think about that for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom