• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Releasing a new nba game every year is stupid. Make it two years so the devs have time to actually fix shit instead of just piling on features. We just want to play ball.

Also, this is a great u mad bro pic.

KD6512.jpg

Still not as good as are u haeving problems?

jrArJqjg03g87.jpg

Vyer

I am experimenting this month with no sat/cable service, just cable internet.

So far it's been tolerable. ESPN3 actually gave me the last Heat/Celtics online, but it has to be ESPN3, not just ESPN - you have to have a cable package for that to work on, say, the Watch ESPN app >:[

TNT has this thing called overdrive where they stream the game live, but it's not the broadcast. They have all these different 'camera' views (like the SPURS CAM or THUNDER CAM) and the 'action cam' stays with the ball. It's weird, but still worked.

Also, I have a hard time with the fact that someone somewhere is paid to think that 20 minutes of that Wonderbook stuff during Sony's E3 conference was actually a good idea.

KingGondo

Banned
Also, what was the Spurs win streak at? 20? Now they drop 3 in a row?

That's rough.
Not only that, the Spurs went something like 47-4 in the last 51 games before this series with Parker starting, and now they might lose 4 in a row.

I really didn't see it coming, even in my most optimistic dreams.

The Konex curse was alive and well in the Nintendo Press Conference.

The Last of Us.

Holy fuck.

GAF ate so much crow after their whole "oh another zombie game! kewlololol" remarks during its debut.

Yup Game of the Show. I couldn't believe how phenomenal that game looked.

a console with two controllers?

groundbreaking

from Engaget:

Update: In a follow-up, Nintendo Japan has posted on Twitter that there's a price to pay if two Gamepads are active. Frame rates drop to about 30 fps if two are active; any games that really want that extra controller won't be quite as glass-smooth. On the upside, it's possible to switch one off with a smooth transition; there won't be a need for theatrics just to switch to a solo game.

PC gaming is here to save us folks. Bow down and worship. Drink from the cup of Gabe. Eat from the body of Gabe. Pray to the divine presence of Gabe, for he alone can protect you, sustain you, forgive you, and entertain you.

PC gaming is here to save us folks. Bow down and worship. Drink from the cup of Gabe. Eat from the body of Gabe. Pray to the divine presence of Gabe, for he alone can protect you, sustain you, forgive you, and entertain you.

Gabe is in a fricken cryo-chamber like Mel Gibson in Forever Young. Gabe ain't anyones savior till 2080 when they thaw his ass out.

The Konex curse was alive and well in the Nintendo Press Conference.

Yup Game of the Show. I couldn't believe how phenomenal that game looked.

from Engaget:

Update: In a follow-up, Nintendo Japan has posted on Twitter that there's a price to pay if two Gamepads are active. Frame rates drop to about 30 fps if two are active; any games that really want that extra controller won't be quite as glass-smooth. On the upside, it's possible to switch one off with a smooth transition; there won't be a need for theatrics just to switch to a solo game.

I'm still amazed by how bad Nintendo was.

SUPREME1

Banned
ACIII looked cool enough, but somethings just didn't look right to me.

- The wolves looked and moved very clunky.
- When a man weighing about 200lbs jumps/swings from branch to branch, there should be a little give and sway of the branches. They don't move at all and so it doesn't look realistic at all.

I didn't think Nintendo could be nearly as bad as MS or Sony, but it was.

MS and Sony are in a position where they have to keep their bases occupied until next year's inevitable console unveiling, neither showed enough for anyone to say they accomplished that.

Nintendo on the other hand is still dangling their next console in front of everyone and only had Pikmin 3 to show for it. Pretty terrible considering they're trying to get people to jump onto their platfom.

Another thing, when the fuck is The Wii U being released? By the time they get their shit together the hype for PS4 and 720 will be mounting, they're wasting a golden opportunity to be the only nex gen option for more than a few months.

I didn't think Nintendo could be nearly as bad as MS or Sony, but it was.

MS and Sony are in a position where they have to keep their bases occupied until next year's inevitable console unveiling, neither showed enough for anyone to say they accomplished that.

Nintendo on the other hand is still dangling their next console in front of everyone and only had Pikmin 3 to show for it. Pretty terrible considering they're trying to get people to jump onto their platfom.

Another thing, when the fuck is The Wii U being released? By the time they get their shit together the hype for PS4 and 720 will be mounting, they're wasting a golden opportunity to be the only nex gen option for more than a few months.

They said its a holiday release. Basically they will have less than 5-6 months before the official reveal of the next Xbox/PS4 to themselves. Once the reveal takes place, the Wii U will be long forgotten apart from Nintendo first party games.

thekad

Banned
They said its a holiday release. Basically they will have less than 5-6 months before the official reveal of the next Xbox/PS4 to themselves. Once the reveal takes place, the Wii U will be long forgotten apart from Nintendo first party games.

WiiU will be forgotten by tomorrow.

Yeah Nintendo screwed the pooch on this. Sony and Microsoft are clearly getting ready for next gen but even then they gave people that already own the consoles a reason to be excited for something. Halo 4 for Xbox, GOWIIIA, Last of Us for PS3. They just needed stuff to tie you over till the next systems and they did that. Nintendo had a small window to blow everyone away and get a great lead on the next systems but they completely squandered that. I am sure they are going to show great looking Nintendo propertys in HD next E3 but going up against brand new tech + Unreal 4 and the hype that comes with OMGZZZ THE GRAPHXXX! I feel they really messed up.

Vahagn

- When a man weighing about 200lbs jumps/swings from branch to branch, there should be a little give and sway of the branches. They don't move at all and so it doesn't look realistic at all.

I love you man, but stop talking shit about my game. I'm absolutely in love with the series and will not take any (honest) criticism of the only game I'm excited about this year!

SUPREME1

Banned
Yeah Nintendo screwed the pooch on this. Sony and Microsoft are clearly getting ready for next gen but even then they gave people that already own the consoles a reason to be excited for something. Halo 4 for Xbox, GOWIIIA, Last of Us for PS3. They just needed stuff to tie you over till the next systems and they did that...

I agree. Remember how Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was released as a last offering to the last gen and it gave gamers something to look forward to. The game looked next gen, or as close to it as anyone had yet experienced (on consoles anyway).

KingGondo

Banned
I agree. Remember how Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was released as a last offering to the last gen and it gave gamers something to look forward to. The game looked next gen, or as close to it as anyone had yet experienced (on consoles anyway).
That's one franchise I'm really mad at.

Chaos Theory was absolutely incredible, and I simply don't understand how they could drop the ball so hard this generation.

SUPREME1

Banned
I love you man, but stop talking shit about my game. I'm absolutely in love with the series and will not take any (honest) criticism of the only game I'm excited about this year!

For what it's worth, it's one of about 3 or 4 games that was shown which I'd consider buying.

The best part of the Nintendo conference were the hot Just Dance girls and the girl from the Wii Fit video. That tells you all you need to know really.

KingGondo

Banned
Man...I forgot how great Chaos Theory was. How the mighty have fallen.
I mean, that's the ultimate "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" series.

I just want to prowl around in the dark, infiltrate exotic locations, and snap necks.

I don't need to know Sam Fisher's family history, be wowed by "a new twist," or any of that shit. The original concept is so, so good. Why fuck with it?

I mean, that's the ultimate "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" series.

I just want to prowl around in the dark, infiltrate exotic locations, and snap necks.

I don't need to know Sam Fisher's family history, be wowed by "a new twist," or any of that shit. The original concept is so, so good. Why fuck with it?

No kidding. They tried to turn him into Jason Bourne which was bad enough but now post Uncharted he is apparently Liam from Taken and Nathan Drake.

At the end of the day it's still a game.

I heard NBA LIVE is back : |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom