• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie

Neo Member
Same kind of throwing your weight around has been occurring in Orlando with Dwight Howard. Guys like Bosh, James, Wade, and Howard who openly air dirty laundry with the front office and leverage the public against them remind me of the assholes like stephon marbuury and christian laettner of yesteryear, who pretty much everyone in the nba regarded as shitty teammates and poison.

When did this ever even happen?! Seriously, that hate is so strong you resort to making shit up now?! WTF?!

Spot on about Wade's temperament. I don't know what happened to the guy. I've never seen him walk around the court more than he has these playoffs. He certainly doesn't look driven or like he has anything to prove. It's even a far cry from the rededicated 08/09 Wade, who needed to prove he belonged with the elite in the game. With Lebron there and the supporting cast he got, he's lost something from his game. Young Wade just suited up, was ready for war. 2006 Wade.. I don't know if anyone did a better MJ impersonation since he left the game. Highly disappointing. I remember the media loving his quiet, no bs demeanor there, the SI wanted him for sportsman of the year award. Now he seems unbelievably arrogant now.

I love how ESPN is re-airing that old Wade commercial of him talking to the highlight guy trying to make the Wade highlight reel perfect (even trying to add in defenders) and one of the dudes comes in to say they need it as they've missed 2 shows already and Wade is all "It's ready when it's ready" or whatever.

It's art imitating life.

giri

Yeah, Rose and Durant are two guys who i genuinely think have the mind set of winners.

At the outside, i think DMC hates losing as much as either. But is he as dedicated?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yep finally came back to PC gaming last year and I doubt I'll be bothering with consoles next gen. My 360 and wii have been completely ignored ever since I got my PC.
I can relate to this... But I think it goes in cycles for me.. Certain games like MLB the Show don't hit PC so I will forever be a console owner...

giri

I can relate to this... But I think it goes in cycles for me.. Certain games like MLB the Show don't hit PC so I will forever be a console owner...

Yeah, they all eb and flow.

there was a sustained period where i didn't game on my PC at all.

If anything, it should/will be "Good job, good effort."

Thats what I was referring to.

201206052020732148959-p2.jpeg

The last ten pages of this thread have been pure ether and vindication. The MVP award and "regular season" Lebron had made a lot of people yet again forget about "playoff Lebron". Lebron can't win the championship as the man, plain and simple. Supposedly this year the Heat became the "Lebron James Team" and they're on the verge of getting scrubbed out in the ECF against the aging Celtics.

They became the LeBron James team because Wade stopped giving a fuck and Bosh...isn't on their level.

I get you want to feel "vindicated" about LeBron because I get that's your thing and has been for 3 years now, but no, this season isn't yours Chosen One. People who were against the Heat probably feel vindicated but LeBron is far from the reason this Heat season is over. He isn't a good closer and his "too-nice" personality leaves some to be desired at times, but as far as I can tell he's done what we expected out of him and some more. I actually appreciate what he's done and I'm good with him and I'll give Bosh a sort-of pass for now, but it's everybody else on the team that let down.

Chalmers is the only guy who's lived up to what we really expect out of him. The rest of the team hasn't lived up to their end of the bargain.

That's no way to talk about your most consistent clutch performer.

Not being aggressive enough on defense and the boards for the majority of the game shouldn't be ignored just because he can hit jumpers.

He isn't a bad defender at all, but he isn't a top notch anchor and that would be nice.

linsivvi

I had never seen that KG interview before. Exactly why I was hoping the Lakers could pull off the trade for KG before Boston did.

Never gonna happen though. McHale is such a homer that he would never trade his franchise player to the Lakers, even if they could come up with a much better offer. It is a huge problem when a GM cares more about the team he played for then the one he is supposed to run.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Never gonna happen though. McHale is such a homer that he would never trade his franchise player to the Lakers, even if they could come up with a much better offer. It is a huge problem when a GM cares more about the team he played for then the one he is supposed to run.

the Lakers didn't have an all-star post player to offer.. so really McHale and Ainge hooked each other up...

They became the LeBron James team because Wade stopped giving a fuck and Bosh...isn't on their level.

I get you want to feel "vindicated" about LeBron because I get that's your thing and has been for 3 years now, but no, this season isn't yours Chosen One. People who were against the Heat probably feel vindicated but LeBron is far from the reason this Heat season is over. He isn't a good closer and his "too-nice" personality leaves some to be desired at times, but as far as I can tell he's done what we expected out of him and some more. I actually appreciate what he's done and I'm good with him and I'll give Bosh a sort-of pass for now, but it's everybody else on the team that let down.

Chalmers is the only guy who's lived up to what we really expect out of him. The rest of the team hasn't lived up to their end of the bargain.

I get what you're saying. After last year, for Heat fans at least, expectations for Lebron have been lowered. Lebron hasn't had a complete meltdown or quit on his team so far these playoffs. He's still shooting poorly from the outside but at least he's learned to not chuck quite as much (though he still did it quite a bit tonight).

That said, one of the reasons Lebron got the MVP this year is because many of the pundits thought Lebron had turned the corner this season, that after last year's Finals embarrassment that he finally "got it". But these playoffs have shown that he's still incapable of taking over games when it's needed most in pressurized games. With Wade's inconsistency this year, it's even more apparent.

Lebron hasn't yet embarrassingly soiled himself like he has in previous years, but he's failed to lead the team in the playoffs when they need it. Everyone at the start of the playoffs kept saying the Heat needed "Cleveland Lebron" while Wade steps aside. But clearly that isn't working. "Cleveland Lebron" still just disappears and defers in the 4th quarter while Wade is just completely out of rhythm.

Maybe the Wade/Lebron is just a flawed concept to begin with. Wade willingly took a secondary role this year, but he's played inconsistent ever since. Both guys are ball dominant players who need tons of touches to get in rhythm.

I don't see Bosh as a disappointment either. He's just being under utilized. The guy is a legit perennial All-Star who is good enough to be "The Man" on some teams. It's just the Heat offense has reduced him to being a jump shooter. He gets so few touches and they rarely run plays for him. He gets a lot of his points off broken plays.

I think getting a quality coach in Miami might really help things a lot down there. Or else they should seriously consider trading Lebron or Wade, and developing a complete team. Chalmers is really the only legit non-Heatle.

Vestal

WTF Ph33nix.. Series ain't over yet bro. I agree with your statement on who has let us down though. Chalmers in my opinion has had spurts were he has played beyond what we come to expect from him. Also Shane out side of his 3pnt shooting has played very well. His defense has been solid.

I am still optimistic.. This isn't the Finals last year, I still think we have a chance here..

What needs to happen is the following:

1. Bosh MUST play atleast 30min
2. Wade can't be shooting below 40 freaking percent.
3. No one except Rio, Battier, or Miller should be shooting the 3.
4. Rotation should be Big 3, Rio, Miller, battier, Anthony, Haslem.Everyone else just be cheerleaders.
5. First time KG catches the ball in the paint PUT HIS ASS ON THE FREAKING FLOOR. Don't care if its a flagrant but set the TONE early with that.
6. Stop over playing Lebron, give him a rest in the 4th for the first 3-4min.. then Lineup should be Big 3, Miller and either Haslem or Battier. I want the best defensive Lineup out there.. If bosh is working KG well then go with Miller Battier combo

If we are going to go out, we might as well go out with a bang.

If we do fail, sorry SPO either get Tex Winter as an assitant, or GTFO and bring in Phil for some triangle offense goodness.

demigod

Heat fans already waved the white flag. Just like their early exit last night.

I still have hope that the Spurs will win tonight, Parker needs to show up though.

I used to respect Wade at one time. He gets none. I literally despise him more than any other player. Whining and throwing himself to the floor to get calls left and right. It's despicable.

I never had respect for Wade, he's a punkass bitch. I partly blame the 2006 refs for pampering him.

I had never seen that KG interview before. Exactly why I was hoping the Lakers could pull off the trade for KG before Boston did.

I hadn't seen that interview before either. But that explains a lot.

Fierce competitors are always assholes. It's why a lot of people don't like KG, Kobe, Rose, Iverson, Jordan, Bird, Isaiah, and etc. But these are the guys that make basketball game not just watchable but epic. They hate losing so much that they will push themselves to super-human levels and they will keep fighting until the last tenth of a second of the game.

It's not always a healthy attitude but it makes for some enjoyable basketball to watch. Their obsessive-competitive disorder is our gain.

I actually think Wade was mad at himself for failing the putback, the look at the ref was because he was just there. And don't tell me I'm saying that cause I'm a Heat fan, I'm pissed at him.

As much as we Ohio boys don't like LBJ I gotta say it isn't his fault the Heat are getting beat, it's Wade's. Dwayne Wade is the worst "star" in the NBA today.

ISO: Brick ISO: Cry for foul ISO ISO ISO ISO ISO...lol

And who we kidding no way heat could beat either team coming out of the west.

Gilbert....comic sans and all, might just be right about that title prophecy. If we trade Varejo to Portland and pick up 3 first rounders, we might be contending by 2014.

NeoVacs for life.
dwyane%2Bwade%2Bmasshole%2Bsports%2Bgame%2B3.jpg

linsivvi

the Lakers didn't have an all-star post player to offer.. so really McHale and Ainge hooked each other up...

Yeah I know, that's why I said "even if they could come up with a better offer". Fact remains though he favorably traded KG to the Celtics even when there were quite possibly better offers from elsewhere.

charsace

I used to respect Wade at one time. He gets none. I literally despise him more than any other player. Whining and throwing himself to the floor to get calls left and right. It's despicable.

I had respect for Wade when he first came back from injury around the time of the olympics because he seemed to be a different guy, hungry. Then he went back to being a bitchass the next season.

The last ten pages of this thread have been pure ether and vindication. The MVP award and "regular season" Lebron had made a lot of people yet again forget about "playoff Lebron". Lebron can't win the championship as the man, plain and simple. Supposedly this year the Heat became the "Lebron James Team" and they're on the verge of getting scrubbed out in the ECF against the aging Celtics.

I get your schtick, I really do but I gotta ask. What playoffs have you been watching? Lebron is literally the reason we didn't get a five game sweep vs IND and probably why we are still in this series. This is the second year in a row that wade has been super-inconsistent in the early rounds.

I know how bad you want this to be a Lebron choke, but it really isn't.

Is there a way to find out how many teams that went down 0-2, then won the next three, have lost six and seven?

and wait, so nintendo sucked? oh well, bf3 dlc approaching

linsivvi

Is there a way to find out how many teams that went down 0-2, then won the next three, have lost six and seven?

I don't recall such a series in recent years. A reverse sweep of 0-2 then 4-0, yes (Spurs, LOL).

But now you have 2 potential chance of this happening.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Actually with hindsight the T'Wolves should've done that trade but instead of Bynum they got the rights to best Gasol.

Minnesota made the right call.

Kahn is the one who fucked everything up by squandering a host of picks.

Heh I still say that Wade not getting/getting little to no blame at all in these playoffs is crazy.

I've said it before but Miller is so cut after this season, back injury or not , those are wide open threes he's missing.

Chalmers really has impressed me though, I can see Mitch dump dat sessions and going after Chalmers. D:

I don't recall such a series in recent years. A reverse sweep of 0-2 then 4-0, yes (Spurs, LOL).

But now you have 2 potential chance of this happening.

I just feel like if you win the middle 3 it means you've got something figured out.

We should just go full on fuck it and put LeBron at the 5 for 48 minutes.

Heh I still say that Wade not getting/getting little to no blame at all in these playoffs is crazy.

WTF are you talking about?

Vestal

There has been a series that the higher seed won first 2, lost next 3, came back and won series.

(2) Milwaukee Bucks vs. (6) Charlotte Hornets 2001 Conference Semis.

There has been a series that the higher seed won first 2, lost next 3, came back and won series.

(2) Milwaukee Bucks vs. (6) Charlotte Hornets 2001 Conference Semis.

The only hope I really have is that LeBron and Wade will realize oh wait we are on the brink and will go balls out every possession and have holy all time games.

That's a lot to ask for...

But like I said, if you win the middle 3, you got something figured out

Vestal

The only hope I really have is that LeBron and Wade will realize oh wait we are on the brink and will go balls out every possession and have holy all time games.

That's a lot to ask for...

But like I said, if you win the middle 3, you got something figured out

Like I said previous page.. First time Garnett gets the ball put his ass on the floor.. Give him a hard foul, and set the tone early.

Lebron cannot play 48.. keep him at 42 with 3 mins off in the forth for the finish..

Bosh needs 30min MINIMUM

Wade 42 aswell.

Like I said previous page.. First time Garnett gets the ball put his ass on the floor.. Give him a hard foul, and set the tone early.

Lebron cannot play 48.. keep him at 42 with 3 mins off in the forth for the finish..

Bosh needs 30min MINIMUM

Wade 42 aswell.

I feel like we're not taking advantage of the fact that Wade gets doubled. When he gets doubled it's never like "alright watch us exploit this hole you've left" it's more "oh god damn why they gotta make this hard" and NOBODY else moves around. That's the one thing that hasn't changed.

Vestal

I feel like we're not taking advantage of the fact that Wade gets doubled. When he gets doubled it's never like "alright watch us exploit this hole you've left" it's more "oh god damn why they gotta make this hard" and NOBODY else moves around. That's the one thing that hasn't changed.

agreed, at the same time the way we should go about it is, whoever sets picks for wade should be the man guarded by garnett, force him out of the paint then swing the ball and attack.

ToxicAdam

To me it's less about what Wade and Lebron does and more about getting something significant from Chalmers or Haslem. Both kind of disappeared last night when they played more crucial roles in the games the Heat won.

Maybe that's the fault of Wade/Lebron not getting them involved, I don't know. But a coach is supposed to fix that if it occurs.

They became the LeBron James team because Wade stopped giving a fuck

Did you listen to Bill Simmons' podcast this week? Wade was screaming at Lebron during a TV time out, cursing at him in his ear trying to motivate him. Last night I watch Lebron standing around upright making "aw man, WTF!?" faces at his teammates/caddies when Brandon Bass or whoever rushed past him and they didn't stop the guy for him.

Vestal

Did you listen to Bill Simmons' podcast this week? Wade was screaming at Lebron during a TV time out, cursing at him in his ear trying to motivate him. Last night I watch Lebron standing around upright making "aw man, WTF!?" faces at his teammates/caddies when Brandon Bass or whoever rushed past him and they didn't stop the guy for him.

He was probably upset because of how Miamis defensive scheme is setup you move the opposing offensive player towards a spot for a trap, he probably forced whoever it was to a spot expecting someone to be there to force a turnover but no one was there.

Vestal

ESPN starting the "Blame Spoelstra" campaign.

He deserves blame here.. He has not been able to create opportunities for his team against the defense presented by the Celtics.

Either he igures out how to fix the Garnett problem or it will be a long game 6 tommorow for the Heat and us heat fans.

He deserves blame here.. He has not been able to create opportunities for his team against the defense presented by the Celtics.

Either he igures out how to fix the Garnett problem or it will be a long game 6 tommorow for the Heat and us heat fans.

I don't understand how Joel Anthony wasn't ever in the game --- but he puts Norris fucking Cole in?

We kept getting roasted inside but he has to trust Haslem so much who quite frankly is as good at catching the ball as Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom