• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did you listen to Bill Simmons' podcast this week? Wade was screaming at Lebron during a TV time out, cursing at him in his ear trying to motivate him. Last night I watch Lebron standing around upright making "aw man, WTF!?" faces at his teammates/caddies when Brandon Bass or whoever rushed past him and they didn't stop the guy for him.

Lebron was a rich man's Shane Battier last night.

TylerD

yeah my thoughts exactly. the being able to sell damaged items on the AH is nice i guess. but i'm more excited for when 1.0.3 comes and i cna party with people and not hold them back too much as a barb lol

All you need to do is farm goblins for days and days then you can get enough money/gear to solo act 2. Kripparian just completed Act 2 in Hardcore Inferno as a barb. He is pretty much THE barb and streams on twitch.tv pretty much all the time.

Now he is back to farming goblins.

linsivvi

All you need to do is farm goblins for days and days then you can get enough money/gear to solo act 2. Kripparian just completed Act 2 in Hardcore Inferno as a barb. He is pretty much THE barb and streams on twitch.tv pretty much all the time.

Now he is back to farming goblins.

How is that a fun way to play?

Not BSing you, I had a nightmare where the Heat lost the next game 140 something to 70 something.

This is what they are doing to me.

When you start having nightmares about bodily harm being the result of how your team performs in the playoffs it means you are now: A TRUE FAN

Welcome to pain and suffering my friend.

linsivvi

It's not but at this point it is the most efficient way. I have just been playing through act 1 and doing runs with neph valor maxed.

Yeah act 1 is easy to farm, act 2 and 3 are where the real pain starts. I've managed to crawl all the way to the end of act 3 so I could farm underbridge for goblin and chest with Tyrael doing all the work, but after spending a couple hours doing that I've decided that's just not a very fun way to play.

Gotta admit, this is fuckin sharp.

russell-westbrook-6.jpg

Nice purse! I bet Giri approves.

Well today is off to a bad start.

E3 traffic made me an hour late to work, and on the way I realized I hadn't set my DVR to record the Spurs game. Now I'm going to have to use my lunch break to drive back home, set my DVR, and come back to work. Hopefully that doesn't take as long as I think it will and I won't have to embarrass myself again.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be eating until ~10 pm because of all this (when I drive back home, I'll watch the game immediately)...

A Spurs win would turn around this day completely...

[My lesson from this: I need to get one of those apps that let you set your DVR remotely.]

KingGondo

Banned
Then beating Boston, the 2007 champs. Nice win list to fuel a 'changing of the guard' story line.
Damn, I'm getting nervous about tonight already.

I definitely feel like OKC should win, but the reality of having the NBA Finals a win away makes things feel... different.

Adande hit the nail on the head when he said "pressure is different from expectations."

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

E3 traffic made me an hour late to work, and on the way I realized I hadn't set my DVR to record the Spurs game. Now I'm going to have to use my lunch break to drive back home, set my DVR, and come back to work. Hopefully that doesn't take as long as I think it will and I won't have to embarrass myself again.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be eating until ~10 pm because of all this (when I drive back home, I'll watch the game immediately)...

A Spurs win would turn around this day completely...

[My lesson from this: I need to get one of those apps that let you set your DVR remotely.]

Check to see if you can access your PVR over the web through your cable provider. Saved me more than once.

Still holding on for hope that Pop makes changes that can swing it back to SA for a game 7. Or that one of our role players can finally hit an open shot

Still holding on for hope that Pop makes changes that can swing it back to SA for a game 7. Or that one of our role players can finally hit an open shot

We are +23 with Duncan this series...and -42 without him. He needs to play 40+.

Also, the Thunder have to stop shooting so well from the perimeter. I have no idea how they've been able to sustain it. Games 3-5 the Thunder have hit 35-of-61 (57.4%) from 15-to-23 feet...on the season, the Thunder hit 42.6% from that range. Versus the Lakers and Mavs, OKC only had two games better than 41% from that range. They're hitting bullshit shot after bullshit shot. Just look at game 5. We want Westbrook to shoot that clutch midrange J. It was contested perfectly by Duncan, and YNB dribbled for like 18 seconds before that. Same with the Harden 3. We've had Kendrick Perkins making jumpers ffs.

Its gotta stop. I don't think they can keep doing this. I know Durant can but I don't believe in the rest of their team. And our ball denial of Durant has been great other than that period in Game 4 where he got away from us.

Manu, Tony, Tim play 38-42 mins. JAX, Masta Splitta, Kawhi, Diaw, and a sprinkling of Green/Neal. Thats it. Ride or die.

note: I shamelessly stole those shooting stats from spurstalk :p

Check to see if you can access your PVR over the web through your cable provider. Saved me more than once.

Yeah, I'll try that, thanks.

Please don't fuck me Time Warner.

SUPREME1

Banned

Where do you live, Justin Timberlake? A few places to get decent grub, all within 5 minutes from downtown:

- Original Thai BBQ [3rd St] Their chicken lunch/dinner special is famous. Drizzle the honey bbq sauce evenly over both the chicken and the fluffy shrimp fried rice. Thai iced tea brings it all together.

- Pollos El Brasero [Pico Blvd] (Peruvian fast food) Wood smoked rotisserie chicken with fries and steamed rice. The salsa is magical.

- Don Felix [Virgil @ Beverly] (traditional Peruvian) Saltado de Pollo (sauteed chicken, tomatoes and onions with a side of steamed rice and french fries. Order an Inca Cola and your straight. Don't forget to mix in some of the green sauce and butter into your rice.

- Eastside Market [Alpine St] An authentic Italian Deli near Dodger Stadium, just north of Sunset/Beaudry. Their D.A. Special is insane. Sausage, meatball, roast beef and pastrami with mozzarella and maranara sauce. As a sandwich or open faced on a plate. Very messy.

- El Taurino [Hoover] Good Mexican. Basically they serve up anything you could want and it'll be good to great quality. It doesn't have that dirty lunch truck authenticity to it, but it's still very good eating. From sopes to tortas to tacos and burritos... they serve up everything you could ever want, even tamales.

- Philippe's [Alameda St] French dips. Order two, double dipped with a side of potato salad and you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom