• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that really helps. I still don't really know the dining of the area that well so I've been wanting recommendations like this for a while. I'll definitely save this post.

I live in Santa Monica but work downtown (really close to Staples/LA Live). I spend most of my day downtown though, so those suggestions are super helpful.

<3

Im so sorry. I live in Santa Monica, and I only go to downtown when I have too. When the sun goes down, don't ever be alone. Brother got robbed at gunpoint leaving a club walking back to his car alone.

Theyd have to have the worst agents in the world, especially if they play well tonight and if they get to the finals and if they chip.

OKC winning is going to be bittersweet for OKC, Harden and Ibaka stock rises the further you guys go.

They have $46 million committed going into 2013. They can sign Ibaka/harden for a combined $27 million and barely be at the tax since the tax will be moving up every season. They don't hit repeater tax for 3 seasons after that, which means they have 4 years to go after this one before they have to think about a salary dump if need be. So they'll py some tax after role players are included (and/or draft picks).

If Ibaka gets $10 mil range and Harden gets whatever Gordon probably commands (possible max), then OKC signs them for sure and figures out if they need to move one in a 3 years or so.

Also, harden starting is a non-issue. He plays starters minutes, which is all that matters. And by being on the bench, he gets to control the offense for half the time since WB is sitting.

edit: They can always amnesty Perkins if need be in 2-3 years, too. They will not lose Harden or Ibaka.

Vyer

True, but still. The Cavs assembled laughable talent around Bron.

I mean... There was no one even CLOSE to the talent level of Harden on any of those Cavs teams.

I still remember people trying to say those Cavs teams were talented. The Douchecision deserved to be mocked, but that was just dumb.

giri

I still remember people trying to say those Cavs teams were talented. The Douchecision deserved to be mocked, but that was just dumb.

No one tries to argue with people who want to re-write the history of those cavs teams anymore because it's just fictional bull shit that suits a story.

All those cavs teams had great talent on them.

But when you reply to this with some made up historical-fiction don't expect me to reply, cause i just don't care enough.

They have $46 million committed going into 2013. They can sign Ibaka/harden for a combined $27 million and barely be at the tax since the tax will be moving up every season. They don't hit repeater tax for 3 seasons after that, which means they have 4 years to go after this one before they have to think about a salary dump if need be. So they'll py some tax after role players are included (and/or draft picks).

If Ibaka gets $10 mil range and Harden gets whatever Gordon probably commands (possible max), then OKC signs them for sure and figures out if they need to move one in a 3 years or so.

Also, harden starting is a non-issue. He plays starters minutes, which is all that matters. And by being on the bench, he gets to control the offense for half the time since WB is sitting.

edit: They can always amnesty Perkins if need be in 2-3 years, too. They will not lose Harden or Ibaka.

OKC would have to offer the max or convince Harden to take less or that he couldn't demand a max from someone else.

If he gets the max, then Ibaka would have to sign for 12.5 or less?

I don't think they even try to retain Ibaka at that high of pay, and his people have to think he could pull close to 12.5 in FA. Maybe they pull it off but there's so many ways it could turn, I feel it's gonna break.

When is Perkins scheduled to be amnestied?

giri

OKC would have to offer the max or convince Harden to take less or that he couldn't demand a max from someone else.

I don't think they even try to retain Ibaka at that high of pay, and his people have to think he could pull close to 12.5 in FA. Maybe they pull it off but there's so many ways it could turn, I feel it's gonna break.

When his knee gives out again.

Eh, to OKC, Ibaka is worth 10M+

To other teams that will expect him to give them 18-10-5 at least every game, i feel he'll be a dissapointment.

Max contracts for rookies not-Rose rule start out around $13 million in the new CBA right now. Harden + Ibaka max = $26-27 million range combined 1st year. Which is why I used $27 million as highest possible.

In reality, harden will be $13 and Ibaka will be probably $10. $23 million combined at the start you definitely take on. They could be at the cap with Durant/YNB/harden/Ibaka/Collison/Perk/Thabo in 2013-14. A bit Over with some filler players or a MLE guy

Remember, max salaries got pushed down and yearly raises dropped. Westbrook's max starts off under $13 million. Harden can't get the Rose rule to start at $15 million.

When his knee gives out again.

Eh, to OKC, Ibaka is worth 10M+

To other teams that will expect him to give them 18-10-5 at least every game, i feel he'll be a dissapointment.

Kwame Brown got 7 mil for the fuck of it, in today's NBA I think Ibaka's worth to others, even if dellusional, is higher than OKCs.

Max contracts for rookies not-Rose rule start out around $13 million in the new CBA right now. Harden + Ibaka max = $26-27 million range combined 1st year. Which is why I used $27 million as highest possible.

In reality, harden will be $13 and Ibaka will be probably $10. $23 million combined at the start you definitely take on. They could be at the cap with Durant/YNB/harden/Ibaka/Collison/Perk/Thabo in 2013-14. A bit Over with some filler players or a MLE guy

Remember, max salaries got pushed down and yearly raises dropped. Westbrook's max starts off under $13 million. Harden can't get the Rose rule to start at $15 million.

ahhh that makes more sense, I had the Max rules mixed up.

KingGondo

Banned
I think Harden is worth Ginobili money, which at this stage of his career is $11 million with raises each year. Manu will make about $13M this year.

Ibaka's who you have to hardball, IMO. While he has been occasionally brilliant, he has been far too inconsistent to offer 8 figures to right now. Try to get him down to $8-9 million and keep the role players in place, and we're golden.

And as someone else mentioned, the amnesty option for Perkins is always available, although he has been extremely valuable to this playoff run.

But obviously--if you have to amnesty Perk to keep the young guns, you do it.

I think Harden is worth Ginobili money, which at this stage of his career is $11 million with raises each year. Manu will make about $13M this year.

Ibaka's who you have to hardball, IMO. While he has been occasionally brilliant, he has been far too inconsistent to offer 8 figures to right now. Try to get him down to $8-9 million and keep the role players in place, and we're golden.

And as someone else mentioned, the amnesty option for Perkins is always available, although he has been extremely valuable to this playoff run.

But obviously--if you have to amnesty Perk to keep the young guns, you do it.

You still have Harden/Ibaka on rookie contracts next year, so it's not even a concern regarding Perk. By the time the extensions hit, Perk will only have 2 years left (and a year older), so his value might diminish, anyway.

Or you could keep him for the 1st year and amnesty the last year.

OKC has a LOT of flexibility. OKC might win it all this year and they have a guy who will be a 1st ballot HOF top 30 (being very not generous here) player who hasn't hit his prime...

Wow, that really helps. I still don't really know the dining of the area that well so I've been wanting recommendations like this for a while. I'll definitely save this post.

I live in Santa Monica but work downtown (really close to Staples/LA Live). I spend most of my day downtown though, so those suggestions are super helpful.

<3

Do not forget El Cholo, off Wilshire and Western.

Miami/Boston is going 7.

yeah, people writing Miami off too easily. Boston has done this before and failed up 3-2. Heck, this year, even.

Of course, Bron has been here as well and each time has failed.

I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Nope.

Well, not this off season.

Bosh not being healthy saves the big 3.

Whether or not it saves spo is a different question.

spo would be fired, IMO, if they don't make the Finals.

giri

yeah, people writing Miami off too easily. Boston has done this before and failed up 3-2. Heck, this year, even.

Eh, they've clearly lacked a big that has kept offenses honest and been able to help guard the paint effectively.

As much of this post season for the heat is down to how poor all the other miami bigs are, as the fragility of having all your salary tied up in 3 players.

TylerD

I'm nauseous.

Even outside of everything that happened with Seattle to get the team here, we had help from mother nature when hurricane Katrina displaced the Hornets and we had an opportunity to show how we can support an NBA team.

It has been a wild ride and we are just getting started.

I'm nauseous.

Even outside of everything that happened with Seattle to get the team here, we had help from mother nature when hurricane Katrina displaced the Hornets and we had an opportunity to show how we can support an NBA team.

It has been a wild ride and we are just getting started.

Steal franchises, show thanks to natural disasters.

Eh, they've clearly lacked a big that has kept offenses honest and been able to help guard the paint effectively.

As much of this post season for the heat is down to how poor all the other miami bigs are, as the fragility of having all your salary tied up in 3 players.

I agree. I just think someone has to be the fall guy for 2 blown seasons. And it will be Spo.

Solid 1:20 lunch break lol

Don't think anyone noticed tho 8)

Miami/Boston is going 7.

No, it is not.

Do not forget El Cholo, off Wilshire and Western.

To add:

Chinatown - Yang Chows. Order the Slippery Shrimp. Your life will change and you will thank me. But never go on a Fri/sat/ night w/o a reservation Every other time is fine.

Langer's Deli. Best Pastrami. #19. Do it.

The Pantry.

I've heard good things about Nickel Diner, but haven't been.

Also, with Philippes, make sure to use the hot mustard. And do double dip the sandwiches as suggested. If you go before a Dodger game starts, take note it will be packed.

thanks guys :D

Steal franchises, show thanks to natural disasters.

Thunder culture (tm)

Can't wait till we wreck them tonight.

The bolded is false. 9-0 when up 3-2 in a series during the Big 3 era

The bolded is false. 9-0 when up 3-2 in a series during the Big 3 era

uhhhh, what!?

Atlanta round 1 2008
Cleveland round 2 2008
Orlando round 2 2009
Lakers round 4 2010
Philadelphia round 2 2012

And really, Atlanta this year almost did it if the refs didn't misapply the rules at the end.

ESPN stat, should not have taken it at face value I suppose. Perhaps in the Eastern Conference playoffs only?

No, they've lost 5 by my count. Although, if they don't count Orlando 2009 as big 3 since KG was hurt, and then only count EC playoffs, you could claim they've won every series (but not game 6).

giri

ESPN stat, should not have taken it at face value I suppose. Perhaps in the Eastern Conference playoffs only?

I think you've got the stat confused.

They're 9 - 0 when the series is tied 2-2, at winning game 5. i.e. if the series is tied, they always win game 5.

I've not heard any stat about game 6 or closing out the series.

iCXX1fHU2RUXn.gif

From the Last of Us thread.

Vahagn

Boston is winning this game. Lebron is wilting, it's all going to go according to the normal Lebron script.

He's not going to all of a sudden grow a spine.

The Heat can delude themselves into thinking the problem was Bosh being injured, but the problem is that the Heat have built a team without any depth. It's not much of a fluke that one of their 3 has an injury and misses 9 games in the playoffs.

If they keep this core in tact, they won't win next season either unless they get Phil/Sloan and face no injuries to their core 5 guys (big 3 plus Chalmers / Haslem) in the playoffs which is a stretch.

Then of course after all that, you have to count on Lebron not to Wilt, and that's not worth counting on.

I'd love to throw dirt on Miami, but this series is far from over. Maimi is very capable of reeling off back to back wins, I just wouldn't like to see it happen.

giri

I'd also like to point out that it's a common gaf'ism that "come play offs, depth doesn't matter".

Now for miami it does?

Vahagn

I'd also like to point out that it's a common gaf'ism that "come play offs, depth doesn't matter".

Now for miami it does?

I rarely make that statement.

But it does usually mean you can get away with playing 8 guys, you don't need to play 10. Miami has no one on the front court that's even serviceable past Bosh and Haslem. They maxed out 3 superstars and lucked out with Chalmers being so clutch...they don't have much consistent past that. So when that statement is made, I think it's referencing that you don't need 10-12 guys...8 will do. Miami doesn't have 8. And more importantly, they don't have 3 bigs that you can give 30 min a night to and be fine.

Also, you're right, it's not explicitly Lebron's fault they're losing. But he isn't having impactful, take-take-over-a-game fourth quarters for the last 4 games...and that's right on script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom