• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I officially have no idea what TCB is talking about.

Let's keep on talking how it's not the Spurs' fault but it's the refs or Thunders playing a perfect game that can't be replicated because you know, no team is THAT good.

Let's also not forget that Timmy has missed open layups and passed a WIDE open mid range for no reason. Tony Parker's passing was nowhere to be seen and there were some of the weirdest ball movements throughout the game.

Resilient

I mean really.

Did you see that play where everyone was standing. Just standing. Nothing was going on. And Harden just fell to the ground. Complete flop. When Manu exaggerates contact he does it to help the referees (hey, heres contact! Just making sure you get the call right buddy :D), but Harden explicitly tries to trick them.

But who the fuck am I kidding. Harden probably went up to Crawful and said "hey Joey watch this flop" and Joey was like "don't get injured out there old buddy! *cackle*"

*cackle*
*cackle*
*cackle*

rbe0dk-1.gif

KingGondo

Banned
That's all for me folks, thanks for a fun night.

I'll be looking for your concession when I wake up tomorrow, Justin. It doesn't make you less of a man to admit OKC was the better team.

giri said:
Sounds like you need a kick starter to get you tickets.
A worthy project indeed.

I officially have no idea what TCB is talking about.

Let's keep on talking how it's not the Spurs' fault but it's the refs or Thunders playing a perfect game that can't be replicated because you know, no team is THAT good.

Let's also not forget that Timmy has missed open layups and passed a WIDE open mid range for no reason. Tony Parker's passing was nowhere to be seen and there were some of the weirdest ball movements throughout the game.

Naw, I prefer to just believe that Stern HATES small market teams.

And Joey C (by himself) can screw the 5pur5.

Canuck76

Banned
I'm late but tonight was atrocious. My brother who's a huge thunder fan was even disappointed. I lost count of how many consecutive possessions went by with a foul on the spurs on the slightest contact.

We were even joking that Stern promised this to his nephew at his bar mitfzah or some crap. It was painfully obvious, and the sad fact of it is the thunder do have enough talent to chip legitimately, and it was completely ridiculous. I'm not sure the Spurs don't make a great run and actually win if you take away the oh, i don't know, 9 fouls b2b2b2b that last 7 minutes?

Y'all know my thoughts on OKC and Oklahoma but Gondo. Tyler. All thunder fans.

This isn't right. You know it's not. This trophy is dirty as hell. Your fans, I understand the celebrating, but even you all must have been surprised. It's gotten as bad or possibly worse than the heat at this point. I'm being serious.

That Kevin Durant frigging rip through on Jax? How the hell can he not just do that 24/7 and shoot ft's till his arms fall off? How the hell not?

Celtics all the way. May Rondo have no mercy on your souls

You know how they say a team takes on the character of its best player.

Well theres never been a team where thats been more applicable than for the Thunder. Durant is a true leader.

In fraudulence.

Acts all nice and humble for the cameras but is really Wiz Khalifa under the jersey. Wears a goofy getup to the presser but hes a punk and that will never change. Rimless glasses or not

The entire Thunder team lives to cover up their real selves. It doesn't matter if its under a beard, a scowl, or a polo, none of them are sincere. Its all fake. And with the help of Stern, Joey Crawford, and the media narrative, by god, they might just pull off the greatest con job in NBA history.

PBY

Banned

Well theres never been a team where thats been more applicable than for the Thunder. Durant is a true leader.

In fraudulence.

Acts all nice and humble for the cameras but is really Wiz Khalifa under the jersey. Wears a goofy getup to the presser but hes a punk and that will never change. Rimless glasses or not

The entire Thunder team lives to cover up their real selves. It doesn't matter if its under a beard, a scowl, or a polo, none of them are sincere. Its all fake. And with the help of Stern, Joey Crawford, and the media narrative, by god, they might just pull off the greatest con job in NBA history.

I agree. Join the heat age bandwagon- its the only way.

Hey Diehard and IWMTB19

Predictably, Malone’s reflective mood after Shirley’s death wasn’t the only factor in his leaving. The 2003-04 season was a turbulent one in L.A., defined by Kobe Bryant’s occasional absences to deal with his legal issues tied to an assault charge in Colorado. (Bryant missed 17 games.) And it eventually came to light that there were problems between Malone and Bryant involving Kobe’s wife, Vanessa. (She is now his ex-wife.) It is an impossibly complicated story and I have to be honest: I have no idea who to believe. (I direct you to this link (es.pn/Medb9x) if you want to read more.) But it was part and parcel to the drama of the season.

“When nobody cared what was written or said, that season with the Lakers was the most fun I ever had playing in the NBA,” said Malone. “It even came close to the Dream Team experience.
When we were good, we were great. Watching the way Shaq and Kobe played together was something else. (Note: The Lakers won 10 in a row early and 11 in a row late.]

“And then it was like somebody threw in a little string. ‘Okay, let’s tell something that Shaq said about Kobe.’ ‘Okay, today, let’s go get Kobe. What did he say about Shaq?’ You could always use one against the other. And I always said that when it became a job instead of a passion, it was time to go.”

Malone also brought up another anecdote that factored in his decision to retire. I found it surprising.

“We’re playing San Antonio in the playoffs. [The Lakers eliminated the Spurs in six games in the Western semis.] They’re fouling the hell out of me and I’m talking to the referee, Bernie Fryar, about it. Now, here I am, 40 years old. Done what I did in the league. And you know what he says to me? ‘Just shut up and play.’

“Man, that bothered me a lot. To say that to another person? A veteran? That stuck in my mind. I knew it was time to go, and I loved how I did it. I just retired and went on with life.”

I'm late but tonight was atrocious. My brother who's a huge thunder fan was even disappointed. I lost count of how many consecutive possessions went by with a foul on the spurs on the slightest contact.

We were even joking that Stern promised this to his nephew at his bar mitfzah or some crap. It was painfully obvious, and the sad fact of it is the thunder do have enough talent to chip legitimately, and it was completely ridiculous. I'm not sure the Spurs don't make a great run and actually win if you take away the oh, i don't know, 9 fouls b2b2b2b that last 7 minutes?

Y'all know my thoughts on OKC and Oklahoma but Gondo. Tyler. All thunder fans.

This isn't right. You know it's not. This trophy is dirty as hell. Your fans, I understand the celebrating, but even you all must have been surprised. It's gotten as bad or possibly worse than the heat at this point. I'm being serious.

That Kevin Durant frigging rip through on Jax? How the hell can he not just do that 24/7 and shoot ft's till his arms fall off? How the hell not?

Celtics all the way. May Rondo have no mercy on your souls

There needs to be a friend list on this forum cause I would have added the shit out of you

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I mean really.

Did you see that play where everyone was standing. Just standing. Nothing was going on. And Harden just fell to the ground. Complete flop. When Manu exaggerates contact he does it to help the referees (hey, heres contact! Just making sure you get the call right buddy :D), but Harden explicitly tries to trick them.

But who the fuck am I kidding. Harden probably went up to Crawful and said "hey Joey watch this flop" and Joey was like "don't get injured out there old buddy! *cackle*"

*cackle*
*cackle*
*cackle*
Aahahahahahaha this is fucking perfect.

To be fair, there was a slew of iffy calls in the 4th. You still have to give credit where credit is due. The Thunder shot 50% from the field. Durant played 48 minutes and scored 34 points with 14 boards. Fantastic effort from a talented team.

Black Mamba said:
OKC in 6.

Where's Red Blaster?

Anyway, great game. Great comeback. Once OKC made the run to start the 3rd, I knew they had that one in the bag. Durant was incredible willing his team back. So fucking good this guy.

Also, this place is getting real GM bad with the blaming of the refs for EVERY game. Stop it. OKC was the better team and outplayed the Spurs for most of the series.

JT's meltdown is fun to read, though.

I also think the Spurs will lose. As good as they've played, OKC is one run away from a close finish and their crowd will push them over the top

How can you not believe in the power of Durant at this point? Even Konex doesn't phase him.

Canuck76

Banned
Where's Red Blaster?

Anyway, great game. Great comeback. Once OKC made the run to start the 3rd, I knew they had that one in the bag. Durant was incredible willing his team back. So fucking good this guy.

Also, this place is getting real GM bad with the blaming of the refs for EVERY game. Stop it. OKC was the better team and outplayed the Spurs for most of the series.

JT's meltdown is fun to read, though.

How can you not believe in the power of Durant at this point? Even Konex doesn't phase him.

It's tainted for me at this point. People will look back at the gif of Durants "rip through" like we look at the classic "e tu crawford" wade flop that was heard around the world.

I try not to complain often about refs but it was bad tonight

Also Dy, I told ya Spurs ball wouldn't cut it in the playoffs. I told you Pop wouldn't be the difference. And I told ya their D wasn't anything to write home about. I may have your pony avatar, but I'm gonna point that out!

Lakers actually defended the OKC Thunder a lot better in their series. Too bad Kobe choked a couple games away. Still convinced Lakers would have rolled the Spurs (but OKC definitely better than Lakers).

PS: Jax had an unreal shooting game. Almost undermined OKC's game.

It's tainted for me at this point. People will look back at the gif of Durants "rip through" like we look at the classic "e tu crawford" wade flop that was heard around the world.

But that is a foul and it was the right call, unlike Wade's moment. The officiating wasn't bad or one-sided in this game. According to GAF this year every game has been decided by the refs.

That's gotta be huge, huge sports carma.

Not even in my worst nightmares i could have envisioned this. OKC is winning it all, unless... well, not much chance of Boston or Miami beating them. I told my friend i have terrible luck for sports and he didn't believe me.

First time in my life i cheered for the Spurs and look what happened.

Part of me wants the Celtics to win it so LeBron can stay ringless, but then i also think the Heat have a better shot at beating OKC. It's like choosing between two types of shit.

Argh, i bet i'm more salty than the real fans of the Spurs.

LuchaShaq

Banned
That's gotta be huge, huge sports carma.

Not even in my worst nightmares i could have envisioned this. OKC is winning it all, unless... well, not much chance of Boston or Miami beating them. I told my friend i have terrible luck for sports and he didn't believe me.

First time in my life i cheered for the Spurs and look what happened.

Part of me wants the Celtics to win it so LeBron can stay ringless, but then i also think the Heat have a better shot at beating OKC. It's like choosing between two types of shit.

Argh, i bet i'm more salty than the real fans of the Spurs.

To be fair

Win or lose Clay Bennet will be making bank off the post season tickets/merch.

Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Perk/Ibaka/Scotty Brooks etc had ZERO choice/involvement in the move.

Fantomex

Also Dy, I told ya Spurs ball wouldn't cut it in the playoffs. I told you Pop wouldn't be the difference. And I told ya their D wasn't anything to write home about. I may have your pony avatar, but I'm gonna point that out!

Lakers actually defended the OKC Thunder a lot better in their series. Too bad Kobe choked a couple games away. Still convinced Lakers would have rolled the Spurs (but OKC definitely better than Lakers).

PS: Jax had an unreal shooting game. Almost undermined OKC's game.

ing up soo .
But that is a foul and it was the right call, unlike Wade's moment. The officiating wasn't bad or one-sided in this game. According to GAF this year every game has been decided by the refs.

Who the hell cares about the Lakers and your saving face comparisons? Next thing we know Knicks Age is gonna start popping up talking bout, we coulda taken them in 5 son!

Who the hell cares about the Lakers and your saving face comparisons? Next thing we know Knicks Age is gonna start popping up talking bout, we coulda taken them in 5 son!

That was a response to the Spurs-age convo I had earlier. And why I said I wasn't afraid of them, only OKC. Cuz they were on such a high horse. There was a reason for it.

A source close to Orlando Magic All-Star Dwight Howard said Wednesday that he still loves Orlando and isn't seeking a trade.

In an interview with WESH 2 News sports anchor Larry Ridley, the source said Howard is bothered by the hit his image has taken since this season's trade rumors and problems with Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy.

The source said Howard is "hurt by all the negativity surrounding him (and) doesn't understand why he's blamed for everything that happens inside the (Magic) organization."

Howard is continuing his rehabilitation in Los Angeles, and the source said he's waiting to see how the Magic improves.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47713987/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/#.T9A6cMVrPqF

posted? LOL

Fjordson

Damn. My Spurs in 6 prediction crushed so hard. Not a big fan of some of the players on OKC (Westbrook and Perkins lol) but Harden and Durant are so dope. I wonder where Harden ends up in the future, maybe starting somewhere else.

Smokey

In fraudulence.

lol

This is hilarious coming from a canucks fan. Ya, Oklahoma paid off the refs and where were the spurs the other games they lost? That was the refs too right? Their whole season is tainted no matter what over a couple minutes in a game after spurs blew a 14 pt or whatever lead.

bluemax

Banned
The Anacrime Angels PA announcer congratulated the "Seattle Super Sonics" during tonight's Angels Mariners game. If he doesn't get fired there is no justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom