• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned

Justin Timberlake said:
You know how they say a team takes on the character of its best player.

Well theres never been a team where thats been more applicable than for the Thunder. Durant is a true leader.

In fraudulence.

Acts all nice and humble for the cameras but is really Wiz Khalifa under the jersey. Wears a goofy getup to the presser but hes a punk and that will never change. Rimless glasses or not

The entire Thunder team lives to cover up their real selves. It doesn't matter if its under a beard, a scowl, or a polo, none of them are sincere. Its all fake. And with the help of Stern, Joey Crawford, and the media narrative, by god, they might just pull off the greatest con job in NBA history.
I actually lol'd at this one. The hyperbole is magical.

I'm still picking MIA in 7.

LeBron Cycle Update: This is his time. The stage is set. His chance to shine, to shut up ALL the haters and doubters. There's NO WAY he lets the Celts lose out tonight. He'll put up a 40pt triple double tonight, if he has to, just watch.

This game + series isn't on Lebron, it's on Wade and the supporting cast. Mostly Wade. If they lose tonight, it won't be because of James.

These are both true

I really hope Bosh starting actually does make a damn difference, he may not be as honed in on defense right now but after watching our bigs fumble away the ball and do nothing with it, minimizing any runs we can have, it won't matter

Resilient

These are both true

I really hope Bosh starting actually does make a damn difference, he may not be as honed in on defense right now but after watching our bigs fumble away the ball and do nothing with it, minimizing any runs we can have, it won't matter

You need a big in there to slow down KG. The problem is that when KG is benched, you don't have anybody there to exploit the weakness. Lebron has to defend the center when KG is in, and when he is out he refers back to his usual role. Anthony/Haslem don't cut it. Haslem is the biggest offender. His stat line shows him playing ok, but his IQ has been all kinds of shocking and turns it over at critical moments in the game. If you are losing tonight and Spo doesn't put Bosh in in the 4th, I am gonna feel real bad seeing Miami go out.

Mrbob

Miami might come back and win this series but it won't be to a Boston meltdown. Boston seems to relish too much in mocking the heat and the players generally hate the heat team. I don't see Boston taking their foot off the gas, but Miami can still beat them if they remember they aren't the beat up, hobbling, old team.

Gigglepoo

Ah, the talk of "Is Durant the best player in the league?" has begun. And the answer is a resounding "No!" over and over again. I'd still trade Granger to get him, though.

Miami might come back and win this series but it won't be to a Boston meltdown. Boston seems to relish too much in mocking the heat and the players generally hate the heat team. I don't see Boston taking their foot off the gas, but Miami can still beat them if they remember they aren't the beat up, hobbling, old team.

Only LeBron and Chalmers are young, healthy, and talented. Everyone else on that team is old, injured, and/or crappy.

Celtics can still fuck this up

Smh at lots of people around Boston already having finals plans.

I still say that Manu "charge" and Durant clearly moving was a huge call, Manu shifted to the right and caught Durant, heh

Gaming age is a fricken mess. Nintendo fans are talking themselves off the bridge with a new thread every 10 min.

When it comes to KD's tattoo placement: I think people are overlooking the fact that tats would look stupid on his skinny arms.

Yeah he definitely doesn't want to draw attention to those arms.

Dwight doesn't have any tats

humble nice guy right

I don't think the presence of tats take away from his personality. I mean if you see his tats they're Bible verses, symbols of people he loved who passed and a Nationals logo. Nothing really proclaiming himself king or stuff like that.

gyi0061500074.jpg

105083379_display_image.jpg

..Pretty close.

Damn I am petty today.

linsivvi

Ah, the talk of "Is Durant the best player in the league?" has begun. And the answer is a resounding "No!" over and over again. I'd still trade Granger to get him, though.

He's not but sometimes it's not the best player who can lead his team to a championship. Is LeBron decidedly better than Durant at this point of their careers? Yes. Does LeBron possess certain qualities (mostly mental and attitude) that negate that advantage he has over Durant and his other opponents? Hell yes.

He needs to come here and give Heat age a prep talk on how to stay positive.

When it comes to KD's tattoo placement: I think people are overlooking the fact that tats would look stupid on his skinny arms.

Yea or a fresh faced (lol) young guy who is clean cut appeals to the mainstream and older folk more than a tatted up 23 year old covered in ink.

I don't care either way, but a lot people, mostly older don't have positive associates with people with tons of ink. I have to assume that sentiment is amplified to a certain degree in OKC. If thats the case, I still have to give him some credit for being smart enough to take advice to hide tats or bright enough to come up with something like that on his own. As evident with a few dudes in here who consider themselves ball fans, they didn't even know how tatted up KD is/was.

Yea or a fresh faced (lol) young guy who is clean cut appeals to the mainstream and older folk more than a tatted up 23 year old covered in ink.

I don't care either way, but a lot people, mostly older don't have positive associates with people with tons of ink. I have to assume that sentiment is amplified to a certain degree in OKC. If thats the case, I still have to give him some credit for being smart enough to take advice to hide tats or bright enough to come up with something like that on his own. As evident with a few dudes in here who consider themselves ball fans, they didn't even know how tatted up KD is/was.

I'm a ball fan and the only tat I knew about was the one on his back so he did a good job of hiding them.

Miami Herald found the good job, good effort kid. 9 year old Jack Meyer.
"For those people who thought I was being sarcastic you're wrong, I was being enthusiastic. I was saying the truth......The Miami Heat are real winners. It doesn't matter if they win or lose. In my heart they win every single game. In my heart, every year they get the championship"

Lark jr, future leader of his debate team. They're winners, even if they don't actually win. I wonder how many times he has seen Red Tails.

Maybe thats what Bron meant by" not 7", He's going to win 8 consecutive Jack Meyer Heart Championships.

KingGondo

Banned
He's not but sometimes it's not the best player who can lead his team to a championship. Is LeBron decidedly better than Durant at this point of their careers? Yes. Does LeBron possess certain qualities (mostly mental and attitude) that negate that advantage he has over Durant and his other opponents? Hell yes.
I think at this point it's becoming clear that LeBron simply judged poorly when picking a destination in free agency. I think that's what it (mostly) comes down to. Does anyone think that LBJ with the Knicks (and a pre-Melo supporting cast) wouldn't be better than the Heat?

He's absolutely a better player than KD, but he's again burdened with carrying a team like he had to in Cleveland all those years. Part of that's bad luck (Bosh's injuries and Wade's continued process of bitchification), but part of it is also judgment on LBJ's part.

MorisUkunRasik said:
He's definitely very conscious of his image, but I think if he really wanted some tats on his arms he would just get them. He wouldn't get anything moronic anyways.

He could do anything short of murder at this point and still be adored by everyone in Oklahoma.

KingKong

anyone else get the feeling that Miami is going to win tonight? It really seems like their main problem was defense and they're going to be locked in. I'd even say they'll win the series

anyone else get the feeling that Miami is going to win tonight? It really seems like their main problem was defense and they're going to be locked in. I'd even say they'll win the series

Those of us who aren't victims of the moment have been calling game 6 in Miami's favor and game 7 too.

If they lose though....by god....

Miami Herald found the good job, good effort kid. 9 year old Jack Meyer.

Lark jr, future leader of his debate team. They're winners, even if they don't actually win. I wonder how many times he has seen Red Tails.

Maybe thats what Bron meant by" not 7", He's going to win 8 consecutive Jack Meyer Heart Championships.

This kid is 9 though. I probably acted the same way cheering for the Hornets when I was around that age.

TylerD

JT's meltdown was epic. Enough salt to flavor all our dishes for the rest of our lives. I like how he tried to shit on KD's character without even knowing him.

I question KD's character since he only paused for about 20 pics and graciously thanked fans saying "This is for you" as he made his way all of 60 feet through the restaurant to the back room where the players were.

Then there is this trash:

From Dailythunder.com

Just as he has in every other home game of his career, Kevin Durant left his postgame media availability walking through the underground halls of Chesapeake Energy Arena shaking hands with ushers and security guards, thanking each one.

He was on his way back to the court, a place he just brilliantly performed on, to see his friends and family. He arrived, kissed his mother, shook hands with his friends and stood and talked. He took pictures with about 40 different people.

I am not saying that those actions define his character but he certainly seems like a decent enough dude.

linsivvi

He's absolutely a better player than KD, but he's again burdened with carrying a team like he had to in Cleveland all those years. Part of that's bad luck (Bosh's injuries and Wade's continued process of bitchification), but part of it is also judgment on LBJ's part.

That comes down to his attitude. You can see Bosh is always treated by him and Wade as a 2nd banana. If he would actually utilize Bosh's skills, or demands his coach to do so, they would be much better off.

Of course that's only part of it. 3xMVP and the best basketball player in the world needs to find a way to score baskets at the end of games. Shaq, Jordan, Hakeem, Kobe at their peak could do it. Even when they were doubled, and in Hakeem's case, at times triple teamed.

Those of us who aren't victims of the moment have been calling game 6 in Miami's favor and game 7 too.

Would be glorious.

A victory for basketball and a defeat for Riley and his dark magic.

Won't happen though. The Chosen One will rise to the challenge and save his season, y'all watch. We will all be witnesses again.

KingGondo

Banned

People recognizing Miami's huge shortcomings and Boston's improved play aren't "victims of the moment."

Boston has 2 of the best 3 players in the series (and a better overall supporting cast, which is sad considering who they're trotting out there), they've outplayed Miami 4 out of 5 games, plus they definitely have more mental fortitude and toughness than Miami. Not to mention that the coaching matchup is laughably skewed toward Boston.

Boston will have to play horribly and the Heat will have to play a complete team game for this to go to Game 7. I don't see it.

Ive been saying since the beginning of the season and playoffs and when the Pacers were up 2-1 and when Boston went up 3-2 that Heat still have this on lock. Heat will win due to the following:
1. Celtics are terrible at close out games
2. Celtics can barely hold a lead
3. Bosh is playing more minutes tonight
4. LeBron will get his
5. Wade bounces back after terrible games (takes his HGH injections)
6. Stern needs Miami to win a chip*
7. Good jab and good efurt kid inspired them

So basically this confirms that sweeping the first 2 rounds is a bad omen

I question KD's character since he only paused for about 20 pics and graciously thanked fans saying "This is for you" as he made his way all of 60 feet through the restaurant to the back room where the players were.

Then there is this trash:

From Dailythunder.com

I am not saying that those actions define his character but he certainly seems like a decent enough dude.

LeBron used to be a humble kid

Dwight used to be a humble kid

who cares

KingKong

KG and Rondo have been playing far better than Wade in this series.

This is undeniable.

they've played better but that doesn't make them the better players. Wade is still the second best player in the series, even if he hasn't played like it in the last few games

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Dude Skip Bayless sounds just like JT.

Never seen Tim Legler get angry... He might choke a bitch.

I need to watch First Take more. This is like comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom