• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

People laughing at JTB, how many of you were the ones that kept saying the Thunder are FThunder? This is the NBA, where big man fall down like sissies. It's not going to change unless Stern fines these shitfucks, so get used to it.

Goodluck Thunder in the Finals, hope ya'll win. Don't be surprised if Ibaka gets called for his goaltends.

Branduil

The Anacrime Angels PA announcer congratulated the "Seattle Super Sonics" during tonight's Angels Mariners game. If he doesn't get fired there is no justice.

I think having to announce for the Angels while Pujols is 40 years old and trying to bat is a much better punishment.

zychi

Banned
That was a response to the Spurs-age convo I had earlier. And why I said I wasn't afraid of them, only OKC. Cuz they were on such a high horse. There was a reason for it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47713987/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/#.T9A6cMVrPqF
ap
posted? LOL
Dontcare.gif

Go away dwight, shut up and deal with your bitch ass moves youve made. Howard is too soft and should stick to stalking random girls in orlando. Im more annoyed with his wishy washy flipping then i was with any of lebrons crap. At least lebron manned up and dumped cleveland straight across. Dwight is like the hot high school girl who cant decide which football player she wants, so she talks about them everyday, which leads nowhere, and now everyone is tired of it. Hes not changing the league ala shaq going to the lakers, so who really cares?

That's the point. You got swept by the next-round losers instead of the eventual champs.

Such is life. I am sad as well as the best basketball team ever is out of the playoffs

And for thinking the spurs were good for sweeping the sucky clips! Jokes on you guys! Haha

Grizzly must feel super super bad then

Vestal

If the Heat make it as well the refs will have no fucking idea what to do. They'll spend all game watching Stern.

I only really watched the 4th last night cause I was working on my machine, but there were some RIDICULOUS calls last night that really influenced the game.

1. Hardens HUGE flop against Manu on the pass to the corner for an open 3. That kind of flopping needs to stop. It was atrocious. The only reason it was called was because of the over acting by Harden, if not it would have been just a regular bump.

2. Foul call late for 2 fts for both durant and Westbrook. Durant 1 was not in a shooting motion at all, Westbrooks one he wasn't even TOUCHED..

Either team coming out of the east has a good chance.. Westbrook made too many stupid turnovers against the Spurs, imagine how many would occur against Miami or Boston D.

linsivvi

I said it right after Lakers game 5 that they will be in the Finals. The way they handled games when they were behind by double digits and consistently win close games is the sign of a championship caliber team. But people keep saying they were just lucky to win those games and blame the refs.

man fuck mike wilbon. came on dan lebatard show and basically called the whole city delusional and stupid....I haven't lived in south florida for almost 17 years so I barely have a city attachment outside of sports, but what a major douche

how do people come up with dumb stuff like that? do they take what a fan on twitter or message board says and generalize?

man fuck mike wilbon. came on dan lebatard show and basically called the whole city delusional and stupid....I haven't lived in south florida for almost 17 years so I barely have a city attachment outside of sports, but what a major douche

how do people come up with dumb stuff like that? do they take what a fan on twitter or message board says and generalize?

Yeah he was so condescending and at least Lebatard calls him out on it. Just a few days ago he was saying we were good enough to win the series and now everyone that thinks we could is stupid.

Yeah he was so condescending and at least Lebatard calls him out on it. Just a few days ago he was saying we were good enough to win the series and now everyone that thinks we could is stupid.

He even was like "I've talked to other hall of famers besides Earvin"

yeah ok. stupid fuck.

ToxicAdam

I love Wilbon (170 pairs of shoes?), but he's no different than all the talking heads on ESPN when it comes to the NBA. They have to form this hyperbolic narrative after EVERY single game. Completely reactionary and over the top.

He is just keeping up with the Joneses on that channel.

Watched the highlights on Sportscenter...That contested 3 Durant canned looked even harder in slow motion. What a shot...reminds me of Bird.

Congrats OKC fans, I'm pulling for KD to cash a chip.

Emwitus

Man, I still believe we could have ended up with an LA vs CELTICS finals! Man :( But durant is just on another level right now.........to me, the best player in the nba. I think it's high time for paps to go back to his defense first strategy too. Laker's did a better job against the thunder than this team.

And finally, Derek fisher continues to troll best gaf. I still think we should have traded blake and kept fisher.

I love Wilbon (170 pairs of shoes?), but he's no different than all the talking heads on ESPN when it comes to the NBA. They have to form this hyperbolic narrative after EVERY single game. Completely reactionary and over the top.

Yeah pretty much....I remember Magic picking the Heat because "of look in their eyes"

lol

Jake.

i don't live in the US, but why did inside the nba on TNT just finish for the season (is it aired/produced in the off-season)? is it because ESPN are the only network that covers the finals or something?

i don't live in the US, but why did inside the nba on TNT just finish for the season (is it aired/produced in the off-season)? is it because ESPN are the only network that covers the finals or something?

ABC/ESPN is the only network that carries the Finals.

However, Kenny, EJ and Chuck might show up on NBATV.

Kwhit10

Yea TNT won't be airing any of the finals. I think all games will be on ABC, not sure if they air any on ESPN which I hope they don't for ease of viewing.

Edit- Yea the Finals schedule says all games are on ABC starting Jun 12.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The thing is, if the Heat get their act together, they can easily pull this series out. If Wade would stop acting like a fuckwit during the 1st half, and Lebron would stop completely disappearing in the 4th (well, I'm sorry, hiding in the corner), they can get two games in a row no problem. Since this is Bosh's second game back, even more so.

But man, I'm not sure of how confident they are. At the same time, Boston is going home and feeling good about it.

That Celtics "BIG" commercial has never been more apt than now. Almost every word looks like a descriptor of them during the most recent games of the series, and even game 2.

Emwitus

The thing is, if the Heat get their act together, they can easily pull this series out. If Wade would stop acting like a fuckwit during the 1st half, and Lebron would stop completely disappearing in the 4th (well, I'm sorry, hiding in the corner), they can get two games in a row no problem. Since this is Bosh's second game back, even more so.

But man, I'm not sure of how confident they are. At the same time, Boston is going home and feeling good about it.

That Celtics "BIG" commercial has never been more apt than now. Almost every word looks like a descriptor of them during the most recent games of the series, and even game 2.

Yup. But guys forget, the celtics have now beat the heat 6 times this year. That's like almost two sweeps. And they could have potentially won game 2.

Sounds like Best-gaf.

Yup. But guys forget, the celtics have now beat the heat 6 times this year. That's like almost two sweeps. And they could have potentially won game 2.

Meaningless (the regular season) also because I think Dexter Pittman was a leading scorer for one of the games

I'm much more concerned with the Celtics beating them 3 times in this series and us having to try and win a closeout game at the shittiest Garden any league has to offer

I would rather this team win tonight and lose Friday, even if a win tonight would set up Friday disappointment. but fuck like Stephen A Smith always says, 'SHOW ME YA GOT A PULSE!'

Vestal

You could say that Miami should have won game 4... Or even game 5... All games have been pretty close, even game 3 was still in the balance late in the 4th.

All these games have been close outside of game 1 and sorta 3 but "should have" won just pisses me off even more. During the games they either start slow or fail at the opportunity to stomp on their throats. It's like the Heat get comfortable when they're up 10, start hoisting up long jumpers, and within 2-3 possessions it's back to 6 and 4. They need to try and shoot for fucking 50 point leads tonight.

And yeah I am thinking similar thoughts of Wesker, this might reach 2008 game 6 finals bad :(

Unfortunately I'm going to miss most of the game tonight, but Boston is going to lose anyway so I'll just be sparing myself the frustration. The Czz always seem to fall asleep on their first close out game. But they usually finally wake up on the second one and close out the series. But unlike the Sixers series, they won't have home court for this game 7....

Emwitus

You could say that Miami should have won game 4... Or even game 5... All games have been pretty close, even game 3 was still in the balance late in the 4th.

As okc has shown, the team with the championship pedigree wins close games. I think Celtics close it out tonight. It's going to be raining 3s.

Resilient

This match is gonna be insane, I got a feeling the three party are gonna be bringing it from tip off, and close out the game nicely. There is no way they are gonna take the foot off the pedal like they did in game 6 again'st Phily. The difference between these 2 teams is all in the clutch, Celts dominate and have dominated the last 3 games cause of that. They are hungry, Rondo, Pierce, they want to chip it, you can see it when they play. But most of all, KG wants his, and he is fucking angry. I'd be stressing hard if I was Miami...you guys are gonna be sweating bullets tonight, and have that shitty feeling in your stomach all night.

All these games have been close outside of game 1 and sorta 3 but "should have" won just pisses me off even more. During the games they either start slow or fail at the opportunity to stomp on their throats. It's like the Heat get comfortable when they're up 10, start hoisting up long jumpers, and within 2-3 possessions it's back to 6 and 4. They need to try and shoot for fucking 50 point leads tonight.

And yeah I am thinking similar thoughts of Wesker, this might reach 2008 game 6 finals bad :(

Having gone through the latter, I can say that you'll be able to tell pretty early.

Nori Chan

Okay guys I've been in Wisconsin for a good minute.

Someone PLEASE link me to tcb/JTs meltdown. Did he get banned? I NEED SOME LINKS

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm still picking MIA in 7.

LeBron Cycle Update: This is his time. The stage is set. His chance to shine, to shut up ALL the haters and doubters. There's NO WAY he lets the Celts lose out tonight. He'll put up a 40pt triple double tonight, if he has to, just watch.

Resilient

I'm still picking MIA in 7.

LeBron Cycle Update: This is his time. The stage is set. His chance to shine, to shut up ALL the haters and doubters. There's NO WAY he lets the Celts lose out tonight. He'll put up a 40pt triple double tonight, if he has to, just watch.

This game + series isn't on Lebron, it's on Wade and the supporting cast. Mostly Wade. If they lose tonight, it won't be because of James.

JT's meltdown was epic. Enough salt to flavor all our dishes for the rest of our lives. I like how he tried to shit on KD's character without even knowing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom