• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WCF title might very well be Thunder's championship. I don't see them winning it all.

Somehow, I do see Garnett lifting up the Finals MVP trophy to Atlanta Hawks owner's disdain.

KingGondo

Banned
they've played better but that doesn't make them the better players. Wade is still the second best player in the series, even if he hasn't played like it in the last few games
Too bad Wade can't score points or win games based on how good he *used* to be.

KG is playing the best he has since 2008 and Rondo is dominating right now. Fuck reputation, give me current production.

Also, I missed this last night:

fisherwink.gif

That one's for you, Justin.

Fox318

Dude Skip Bayless sounds just like JT.

Never seen Tim Legler get angry... He might choke a bitch.

I need to watch First Take more. This is like comedy.

Only thing better is when Skip confronts Cris Carter about not winning shit despite his big mouth.

People recognizing Miami's huge shortcomings and Boston's improved play aren't "victims of the moment."

Boston has 2 of the best 3 players in the series (and a better overall supporting cast, which is sad considering who they're trotting out there), they've outplayed Miami 4 out of 5 games, plus they definitely have more mental fortitude and toughness than Miami. Not to mention that the coaching matchup is laughably skewed toward Boston.

Boston will have to play horribly and the Heat will have to play a complete team game for this to go to Game 7. I don't see it.

Wade just has to have a good game, Bron will be Bron. Wade has to be more Frobe lite and less Super Monta Ellis and a role player playing well and they win.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Dude Skip Bayless sounds just like JT.

Never seen Tim Legler get angry... He might choke a bitch.

I need to watch First Take more. This is like comedy.
Legler deserved it for calling Skip "sour grapes", but then got mad when Skip questioned his objectivity. Legler is also crazy for thinking that Manu/Harden collision was a good call. Though, it's true that Spurs choked.

They'd better win comfortably too.

Who doesn't think Boston has a big advantage in any close game?
Boston is completely capable of choking and despite being inconsistent Miami can create leads and get back into games real fast. I think you just want to face the old and busted in the finals instead of MIA. I don't blame you.

KingKong

Legler deserved it for calling Skip "sour grapes", but then got mad when Skip questioned his objectivity. Legler is also crazy for thinking that Manu/Harden collision was a good call. Though, it's true that Spurs choked.

I don't see how you can say that, the refs were terrible. The Spurs got many offensive fouls that were a complete joke (including the Durant slide in and Harden flop), and OKC got every call (Durant rip through move, Westbrook for the and-1)

KingGondo

Banned
Boston is completely capable of choking and despite being inconsistent Miami can create leads and get back into games real fast. I think you just want to face the old and busted in the finals instead of MIA. I don't blame you.
I think OKC wins against either, but Boston is probably an easier opponent.

We'll see. It's uncharted territory, I don't know how the Thunder will respond.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't see how you can say that, the refs were terrible. The Spurs got many offensive fouls that were a complete joke (including the Durant slide in and Harden flop), and OKC got every call (Durant rip through move, Westbrook for the and-1)
I'm not sure what you're questioning here. Are you saying that the Manu/Harden offensive foul call was a good one, or are you questioning my saying that the Spurs choked?

Boston having any kind of advantage because 'it's a close out game' makes me laugh.

The same Boston team that let Atlanta slap their shit and were as instrumental in their own demise as Boston.

The same Boston that went 7 games with the eastern 8th seed. If Miami can't at the very least get it to go 7, then they'd be no better than The Sixers. Think about that for a second.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Boston having any kind of advantage because 'it's a close out game' makes me laugh.

The same Boston team that let Atlanta slap their shit and were as instrumental in their own demise as Boston.

The same Boston that went 7 games with the eastern 8th seed. If Miami can't at the very least get it to go 7, then they'd be no better than The Sixers. Think about that for a second.
Seriously. This Boston team is not going to win tonight. No chance.

I'm questioning that the Spurs choked. It was basically a tie game in the 4th quarter
They let an 18 point lead slide, and their defense collapsed in many crucial situations. Just look at that Perkins dagger.

I think Boston will lose tonight but win in Game 7. But that's just me.

I think OKC wins against either, but Boston is probably an easier opponent.

We'll see. It's uncharted territory, I don't know how the Thunder will respond.

OKC is so deep, and they have BIGS that can contain KG. Hell I think Collision can make it tough on KG. Rondo ain't getting to the rim period. Paul Pierce is a factor, but Kevin Durant is playing incredible.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Reverse jinx doesn't work

I don't trust a man who trusts Carlos "Chicago's greatest Con man" Boozer
I'm not reverse jinxing it. I honestly believe that Boston is going to lose this series. I think Bosh playing more minutes is going to be the difference.

And you leave Boozer out of this! He conned no one! An NBA owner would have no problem getting rid of a guy if he was injured or there was a better player out there. Boozer just showed him the same business sense. That's all.

BTW, even if Boozer was a con man, he still wouldn't make the top 10,000 list of con men in this stinkin' city.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Miami Herald found the good job, good effort kid. 9 year old Jack Meyer.

Lark jr, future leader of his debate team. They're winners, even if they don't actually win. I wonder how many times he has seen Red Tails.

Maybe thats what Bron meant by" not 7", He's going to win 8 consecutive Jack Meyer Heart Championships.

Holy shit :lol

Gabyskra

Banned
Freaking international league pass does not work while i'm in the US. I have to find a sports bar, but fuck, I've never seen a campus as dead as Stony Brook is right now.

I don't know what would be more entertaining though, the white shirts meltdowns, or actually watching the Heat choke. I might have to choose.

I'm not reverse jinxing it. I honestly believe that Boston is going to lose this series. I think Bosh playing more minutes is going to be the difference.

And you leave Boozer out of this! He conned no one! An NBA owner would have no problem getting rid of a guy if he was injured or there was a better player out there. Boozer just showed him the same business sense. That's all.

BTW, even if Boozer was a con man, he still wouldn't make the top 10,000 list of con men in this stinkin' city.

Dunno, it still all comes down to Spo not being stupid. Why he didn't put Bosh back in after playing hardly any time is beyond me. That game would have played out a lot different if Bosh didn't sit the whole time. After seeing that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did the same thing again.

DWill said:
"I know they don'thave any money to just go out and sign me, It'll have to be some kind of trade."
DWill said:
I used to hate them. They pushed us out of the playoffs 3 years in a row, we'll see"

Don't tease me baby.

Also LOL at him talking as if he is still in Utah, no respect for The Nets.

Vahagn

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Celtics win tonight (in 6 like my original prediction) and OKc lifts the trophy and Durant is labeled best in the world by everyone outside of the stat nerds at ESPN.

Last years MVP should have been Dirk's, this years MVP should have been Durants

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Celtics win tonight (in 6 like my original prediction) and OKc lifts the trophy and Durant is labeled best in the world by everyone outside of the stat nerds at ESPN.

Last years MVP should have been Dirk's, this years MVP should have been Durants

Don;t forget Barkley.

My schedule changed so was unable to watch much of the conference finals. Only watched Miami and Spurs games up to 2-0. Fuck me, OKC are in the final winning 4 in a row and Boston are 3-2 up?. What the hell happened? Sheeit, Miami need to wake up and win game 6 & 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom