• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I missed this last night:

fisherwink.gif

That one's for you, Justin.

I'm pretty sure that was directed at Joey Crawford, actually.

KingKong

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Celtics win tonight (in 6 like my original prediction) and OKc lifts the trophy and Durant is labeled best in the world by everyone outside of the stat nerds at ESPN.

Last years MVP should have been Dirk's, this years MVP should have been Durants

LeBron is clearly by far the best player in the league

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FYI...

LeBron James has never won a road playoff game in which his team faces elimination. He's 0-4 all-time with two of those losses at TD Garden.

Vahagn

LeBron is clearly by far the best player in the league

Lebron does everything well, but basketball needs roles. You're not the best office worker just because you can also do your secretaries job and the janitors job too.

As "the best player in the world" or even his own team, his primary job is to apply pressure on the defense as much as he possibly can, not just pass to find the slightly more open guy.

We all know that bench players don't perform consistently in the playoffs, we know they struggle on the road with the exception of a few tried and true veterans - yet Lebron wants Haslem and Chalmers to shoot 5 times each in the fourth quarter before he'll attack. But by all means, keep playing outside of your role in the name of unselfishness and keep losing year after year and wonder why Haslem and Chalmers couldn't take over the game when Lebron was passing them the ball.

KingKong

Lebron does everything well, but basketball needs roles. You're not the best office worker just because you can also do your secretaries job and the janitors job too.

As "the best player in the world" or even his own team, his primary job is to apply pressure on the defense as much as he possibly can, not just pass to find the slightly more open guy.

We all know that bench players don't perform consistently in the playoffs, we know they struggle on the road with the exception of a few tried and true veterans - yet Lebron wants Haslem and Chalmers to shoot 5 times each in the fourth quarter before he'll attack. But by all means, keep playing outside of your role in the name of unselfishness and keep losing year after year and wonder why Haslem and Chalmers couldn't take over the game when Lebron was passing them the ball.

He has to play 40+ minutes every single game, guard the toughest players (and constantly switch from guarding perimeter players to bigs), and he has to score the most/second most points in addition to setting everyone else up. Just look at his stat sheet: scoring, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks.

I mean the guy is averaging 32 points (on 50% shooting), 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.6 blocks, 1.4 steals a game and playing almost 46 minutes against Boston. I don't know what else people expect from him, but I do know that what happens at the end of games has to do with him being dead tired from carrying everyone, and Durant or Kobe or any other player doesnt have nearly as much responsibility.

The fact is, if Wade plays like Wade or if the role players step up at all, Miami would easily win this series

Vahagn

People expect him to play a defined role, instead he chooses to try to do everything when he doesn't need to. His stats in Cleveland were the same even though he had multiple 7 footers yet he would fly in for rebounds unnecessarily.

The dude plays a certain way because he gets credit and oooohs and awwwws for his amazing stats. He could have easily went to Spo and said "let Chalmers run the offense, get me the ball in the low post for most my sets, I'm bigger than everyone else in the league at my position" but instead he either stands in the corner or tries to do everything.

Iike I said, just because he's the best at doing everyone's job doesn't make him the best player in the league when he's not the best at doing his own job (role).

You're acting like this team doesn't have the talent to win a championship and that they're actually being used correctly

People expect him to play a defined role, instead he chooses to try to do everything when he doesn't need to. His stats in Cleveland were the same even though he had multiple 7 footers yet he would fly in for rebounds unnecessarily.

The dude plays a certain way because he gets credit and oooohs and awwwws for his amazing stats. He could have easily went to Spo and said "let Chalmers run the offense, get me the ball in the low post for most my sets, I'm bigger than everyone else in the league at my position" but instead he either stands in the corner or tries to do everything.

Iike I said, just because he's the best at doing everyone's job doesn't make him the best player in the league when he's not the best at doing his own job (role).

You're acting like this team doesn't have the talent to win a championship and that they're actually being used correctly

Im convinced, you know next to nothing about basketball.

KingKong

He does need to, though. The Heat are a 2 man team and Wade is too busy crying about not getting calls. Chalmers can't run the offense because he's not a good point guard, especially since he's going to be guarded by Rondo (who's one of the best pg defenders). This team has enough talent to win with Wade and Bosh both playing well

Obviously he has problems (his low post game, not rationing his minutes) but every player has problems, I think it's dumb to ignore all the things Durant or someone can't do just because they hit some shots at the end of the game. LeBron with all his problems and issues is still on a completely different level from anyone else

Vahagn

Im convinced, you know next to nothing about basketball.

Except most my predictions are right? If the things I say sound so crazy to you but they come out true, it probably means you know next to nothing.

Chalmers could run the offense if all he has to do is a pass in the post to Lebron, or pass to wade off a ball screen. But of course your team has no concept of off ball movement and the worst half court sets in basketball with wade and James running the show...so by all means, keep doing what you're doing because you think "running an offense" means that Chalmers has to drive and kick every play.

Vahagn

He does need to, though. The Heat are a 2 man team and Wade is too busy crying about not getting calls. Chalmers can't run the offense because he's not a good point guard, especially since he's going to be guarded by Rondo (who's one of the best pg defenders). This team has enough talent to win with Wade and Bosh both playing well

Obviously he has problems (his low post game, not rationing his minutes) but every player has problems, I think it's dumb to ignore all the things Durant or someone can't do just because they hit some shots at the end of the game. LeBron with all his problems and issues is still on a completely different level from anyone else

Elgin Baylor has some of the best stats in history, so does Oscar - neither are as good a basketball player as Michael Jordan...stop using Lebron's well rounded game to excuse his inability to take over games and win them. Lebron's a much better passer than KD, and a better playmaker, but if KD wins this chip - he won't be a better player.

As for Wade, he's having a bad series but he's being double teamed from tip off. Lebron isn't. Lebron should be dominating fourth quarters if his jumper was half as reliable as Durant's or Kobe's - and don't forget he's like 50% from the line this series, if he makes his actual free throws Heat win game 4 and 5...is that too much to ask of him too?

Elgin Baykor has some of the best stats in history, so does Oscar - neither are as good a basketball player as Michael Jordan...stop using Lebron's well rounded game to excuse his inability to take over games and win them. Lebron's a much better passer than KD, and a better playmaker, but if KD wins this chip - he won't be a better player.

Uh...what? Oscar was every bit as good as Jordan in his prime.

KingKong

Elgin Baykor has some of the best stats in history, so does Oscar - neither are as good a basketball player as Michael Jordan...stop using Lebron's well rounded game to excuse his inability to take over games and win them. Lebron's a much better passer than KD, and a better playmaker, but if KD wins this chip - he won't be a better player.

LeBron's game isn't just well rounded, he's the best player in almost every aspect. Kevin Durant can't play defense like LeBron can. He's not even that great of a facilitator. He's a much better jumpshooter surrounded with a lot more talent, and if you think being the best is all about hitting clutch jumpers and winning rings then I don't know what to tell you

That's one weird ass response... It's a fact. That's all there is to it.
Except you seem to have some sort of encyclopedic knowledge of these kind of facts like you get off on it. It really is weird.
Except most my predictions are right? If the things I say sound so crazy to you but they come out true, it probably means you know next to nothing.

Chalmers could run the offense if all he has to do is a pass in the post to Lebron, or pass to wade off a ball screen. But of course your team has no concept of off ball movement and the worst half court sets in basketball with wade and James running the show...so by all means, keep doing what you're doing because you think "running an offense" means that Chalmers has to drive and kick every play.

I mean, if you legitly think chalmers is the best fucking option we have to run a offense there is literally no reason to try to argue. I already won.

LeBron's game isn't just well rounded, he's the best player in almost every aspect. Kevin Durant can't play defense like LeBron can. He's not even that great of a facilitator. He's a much better jumpshooter surrounded with a lot more talent, and if you think being the best is all about hitting clutch jumpers and winning rings then I don't know what to tell you

Oh everybody here does. Its like they never really watched the Bulls and Spurs runs these past decades.

Except you seem to have some sort of encyclopedic knowledge of these kind of facts like you get off on it. It really is weird.

I mean, if you legitly think chalmers is the best fucking option we have to run a offense there is literally no reason to try to argue. I already won.

Shadowlark update: 0 debates won, #52 IQ lowering posts,#2 country strong marine punches taken, 1.5 mancrushes on Lebron.

# denotes leads league

Neogaf Comparison: Blame Space

Vahagn

Your best offense is Lebron and wade and bosh catching the ball within 15 feet - not at 35 feet. If you don't understand that than by all means keep running LeIso every play and losing ball games.

If you run a double pick with wade and Lebron flaring out to either elbow and Chalmers with the ball up top passing to the open guy of the two, their will be no defense to stop that.

Or you can put Lebron in the post like Kobe and have a flair cut for wade through the key. Chalmers passes to Lebron and Lebron either attacks or passes to wade.

Of course you've watched so much heat basketball that you think running an offense consists of PnR and isolation and yes, Chalmers wouldn't be good for that

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Or I follow a ton of people on Twitter that tweet this shit out?

You seem to like to start shit just to start it. Don't project your weird sexual fantasies onto me.

Vahagn

If you think the best player is about PER, wins be damned, than I don't know what to tell you.

If Phil or Sloan was coaching your team, Lebron and wade wouldn't have to do everything because those coaches would run an actual offense instead of letting Bron and wade just take turns - then you'd see how good your role players could really be when they were used correctly.

But it would still be lebron's responsibility to take over games. Lebron doesn't trust his role players enough in the first 3 quarters to give them more responsibility but can't wait to pass to Chalmers and Haslem and miller with the game in the line? That sounds like he's doing it all wrong to me

Just a dude watching you fail over and over and over again. Don't worry I'm a Cav's fan so I am use to watching losers.

Good to have fans I guess. I also would love to know which of the shit-slinging fests on here actually qualify as some kind of debate.

WhoDaFuqAreYou? doesn't have the same effect now that lark bastardized it

Not surprising. You all run every joke here thats even remotely funny straight into the fucking ground in records pace.

Srsly

Banned

HE SCORES 32 PPG ON 50% SHOOTING. If he just did that, people would consider him great. But he does more, and people start saying he does too much and needs to focus on just one thing. Complete inanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom