• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Yes they are both shooting guards who shoot 3s

What striking similarities

How bout everything that makes a player good.

Like heart

Passion

A pure soul

Things Harden will never have

But Harden will be in the finals this year.

The Spurs jerseys were missing today. Most were laughing at the Heat. Good times.

I can't believe the "Lebron needs help" meme is actually getting oxygen yet again....smh.

And I originally picked Boston in 6 but I tend to always go against my initial pics. Who knows maybe in an act of attempted reverse jinx.

Boston are terrible in close out games. However they usually bring it against quality opponents. It's the scrub teams that Boston falls asleep on in close-out games. So I guess we'll see what category the Heat fall in...

I can't believe that you focus so much on Lebron when he is literally like the last of the Heat's problems, oh wait yea I can.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I can't believe that you focus so much on Lebron when he is literally like the last of the Heat's problems, oh wait yea I can.

Yeah, why focus on the guy that had a stretch of 1-10 shooting in a 4 point loss? Let's instead blame it on the guy that had 14 points in the fourth quarter.

Gloating after a win is generally better than gloating McGrady style.

The only people that have a right to gloat are Joey Crawford fans

You know, fans of the 31st team in the league (the NBA referees)

Sick motherfuckers who go to games cheering to see how twisted and crooked the league can get. The more blatant the better.

Yeah, yesterday was their night. And they're the only team that'll end the season undefeated.

Miami better be focused for game 6, next year Miller Haslem Anthony Jones and Battier ain't getting younger or better, you could add Dwyyyane Wade to that list if you want to be a dick about it, and you know I do.

Yeah, why focus on the guy that had a stretch of 1-10 shooting in a 4 point loss? Let's instead blame it on the guy that had 14 points in the fourth quarter.

I didn't know a series was only one game. And the fact that you all try your hardest to pin point every loss to one guy is even more laughable.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Sick motherfuckers who go to games cheering to see how twisted and crooked the league can get. The more blatant the better.

Yeah, yesterday was their night. And they're the only team that'll end the season undefeated.
0.L

refs don't make you lose four in a row

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Well, folks, it's now or never. We gotta ride Bosh and hope for the best. We gotta beat the Celtics at their house and win game 7.

Can we do this? Yes. We can win this. Now or never.

The refs had nothing to do with the 18 point lead the Spurs gave up.

The Spurs and OKC ended up on the exact same level defensively and both teams showed pretty similar defensive abilities down the stretch. The Spurs just shot worse overall.

Defensively where? The Spurs couldn't defend OKC. OKC committed far fewer TOs than they usually do. They also scored a lot easier. In their 4 wins, OKC was at 113 Oeff. 6 points above their norm. In those 4 losses, Spurs were below their norm on offense 3 times (around 103 average). Spurs were below their average (considerably) in 4 of the 6 games, OKC just twice.

OKC grinded it out vs LAL. They proved they can win that style and up tempo. They also got the 4th quarter stops they needed.

Don't let game 2's stats mislead you into thinking Spurs scored well on OKC or their numbers were the same. Problem with small sample sets.

Miami better be focused for game 6, next year Miller Haslem Anthony Jones and Battier ain't getting younger or better, you could add Dwyyyane Wade to that list if you want to be a dick about it, and you know I do.

The Heat will get Nash and Tmac next year, and Lebron will finally win an ensemble ring surround by 3 potential Hall of Famers, cementing him as at least Rondo-good. All this talk of trades is nonsense, the Heat only came together because they were friends, if they broke up the big 3 the other two would sulk.

Speaking of Lebron though, is his 3 point barrage in the 2011 EC playoffs one of the flukiest streaks in NBA history? JET's entire playoffs last year were kind of that way as well, but Lebron hasn't shown anything like that stretch against the Celtics and Bulls last year.

instead of black dudes. its white dudes.
instead of traveling, there's icing.
instead of instant ejections on fight, the refs let them fight.
you can rough up players and its allowed.

hmm...just realized if bron and wade were hockey players, they'd totally fail.

Within reason... You can dirty hit a player and definitely get ejected.

The Heat will get Nash and Tmac next year, and Lebron will finally win an ensemble ring surround by 3 potential Hall of Famers, cementing him as at least Rondo-good. All this talk of trades is nonsense, the Heat only came together because they were friends, if they broke up the big 3 the other two would sulk.

Speaking of Lebron though, is his 3 point barrage in the 2011 EC playoffs one of the flukiest streaks in NBA history? JET's entire playoffs last year were kind of that way as well, but Lebron hasn't shown anything like that stretch against the Celtics and Bulls last year.

JAAAAAAAAX was 15/21 in the OKC series. That's about what they shoot in the gym in practice. Jax is a good 3 point shooter, but a 15/20 (which it was at one point) is amazing for ANY nba player.

I'm a complete dick about it.
I don't know what's accelerating faster.
Lebron's receding hairline,
Wade's decline,
or Wade's jawline.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
In Cho I Trust
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/...g.block.rumor.bobcats.offering.2.overall.pick
There’s been talk that the Bobcats might be willing to move the No. 2 pick to Memphis in a package for small forward Rudy Gay, but according to sources, it’s just been talk. “It seems the rumors about Gay (being on the trading block) are true,” one source said. “And the Bobcats are one team that could take on his salary. But a trade would be complicated.”
JRich all over again? lol

Sho_Nuff82 said:

It'll be fun to watch the Heat lose in the first round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0wiLTsDqag

Not quite sure on Durant's acting abilities

I saw this last night on TNT. 2 things.

1. Why didn't he hold out for Space Jam 2?

2. Why does the picture quality look like it's from 1995. Was this filmed entirely on an iphone 3? WTF.

JRich all over again? lol

I'd rather pay MCG than Gay right now...

#3 pick I could understand. Perhaps.

Why the hell would you trade rudy gay?

Thats so ... bizzare so... memphis of them.

$$$

They have a lot of payroll for a smaller market.

What a disgracefully officiated game.

I hope your proud of your stolen franchise, stolen management, and stolen talent Gondo. Those piece of shits are probably going to ring off a couple more rings after this too.

Fuck Joey Crawford.

We were done the moment Joey Crawford stepped into that building.

The NBA's professional hit-man.

OKC is the perfect team for Stern. Dumb, drunk, and ignorant of basketball. Every single one of those fuckers probably think they deserved to win that game.

That motherfucker literally waved off a 3.

AND a 3 pt play.

Like "nah Tim. 4 is the limit. Maybe if you played in a better market *cackle*"

They literally waved off 6 points

That is literally what happened

Its no exaggeration

You robbed us of a win just like you robbed Seattle of a team

Salt2010.jpg

MacAttack

anyone else get the feeling that Miami is going to win tonight? It really seems like their main problem was defense and they're going to be locked in. I'd even say they'll win the series

I wasn't sure about the C'zzzz chances until I read this...

Ive been saying since the beginning of the season and playoffs and when the Pacers were up 2-1 and when Boston went up 3-2 that Heat still have this on lock. Heat will win due to the following:
1. Celtics are terrible at close out games
2. Celtics can barely hold a lead
3. Bosh is playing more minutes tonight
4. LeBron will get his
5. Wade bounces back after terrible games (takes his HGH injections)
6. Stern needs Miami to win a chip*
7. Good jab and good efurt kid inspired them

Cloving's been on a roll with predictions recently...

Like the Spurs, the Heat will win games 4&5

Lock it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom