• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

No, I was referring to this:

"But that Lebron first half was the least impactful psychological dominant performance I've ever seen. "

It was very impactful because it frustrated the Cs. They couldn't dictate the game on their terms.

I wasn't referring to the notion of them quitting when I said that.

I was

The 3rd quarter had more of a psychological effect on the C's than the first half did. Usually when a guy goes 12-14 and scores 30 in a half the other team gets dejected. They didn't until they started to miss layups and open shot after open shot in the third.

It's not like the Heat scored 120 points today, it was the Celtics offense that psychologically did them in. And it did them in towards the end of the third when they realized they couldn't get it in single digits. Every time they tried, Lebron daggered em and they missed layups on the other end.

Lebron gets all the credit for this game. But the truth is the truth, no one else on either team showed up.

It's not about the stats.

Basically everyone played like ass yet Lebron put the team on his shoulder using a wide array of shots and willing them to victory in an extremely important playoff game.

That's something LeStat fanboys never understood. He could have scored 25 points and I would have said the same thing if he managed to control the game like he did tonight.

Other than being on fire, how did he have that much of a different playstyle? He isoed more, but I'm not sure that's super praise worthy without the made shots.

good teams win regular season games, superstars win championships. Sucks spurs. Well, will finally have a GOAT VS GOAT LEVEL CLASH in the finals. I really felt like the celtics could have closed this out but Lebron was not gonna just roll over. Good effort lebron.

WTF WTF WTF

He wasn't the lone reason. He is hurt and the refs took away the paint, which is his bread and butter. Still, he couldn't hit any shots.

Rondo turnovers, Pietrus frozen, and KJ's shooting were large factors as well.

AGAIN, the Heat played terrible tonight. Terrible. LeLBron beasted and we played worse.

Eh, obviously not solely but you can't have him go 4-18 and then be like 1-13 as a team from 3pt range and expect to not get spanked. Heat would have won even if Lebron beasted less but still had a good with the way Boston played.

Sanjuro

Eh, obviously not solely but you can't have him go 4-18 and then be like 1-13 as a team from 3pt range and expect to not get spanked. Heat would have won even if Lebron beasted less but still had a good with the way Boston played.

Yes/No, who knows. If even a few of the other players played competitively, the game would have ended up much closer, even with Pierce garbage.

I was

The 3rd quarter had more of a psychological effect on the C's than the first half did. Usually when a guy goes 12-14 and scores 30 in a half the other team gets dejected. They didn't until they started to miss layups and open shot after open shot in the third.

It's not like the Heat scored 120 points today, it was the Celtics offense that psychologically did them in. And it did them in towards the end of the third when they realized they couldn't get it in single digits. Every time they tried, Lebron daggered em and they missed layups on the other end.

Lebron gets all the credit for this game. But the truth is the truth, no one else on either team showed up.

Celtics offense was affected by Lebron's offense. Also, Rondo showed up.

Whatever. You were thinking Lebron would fade in the 2nd half when you said that. It didn't happen. He won the game. he deserves the praise, for now.

Other than being on fire, how did he have that much of a different playstyle? He isoed more, but I'm not sure that's super praise worthy without the made shots.

Are you serious, IWMTB? He had like 20 first half shots. When was the last time he did that?

Lebron noticed that Wade was ass and his role players couldn't hit shit, that he got into rhythm, and never let up. Lebron RARELY does that. he just kept shooting and shooting. Which is what the team needed at the time.

That is not his play style. It's praise worthy because he sensed the moment and took over. Like all greats have to do. Like Durant did in game 4. Sometimes it doesn't mean scoring a lot, but he had to tonight.

Vahagn

BATMAN CARRIES THE HEAT AGAIN WHEN IT ACTUALLY MATTERS

Either you don't understand the argument against Lebron at all

Or you're actually making fun of the pro-Lebron position.

I'm pretty sure it's Column A

You were thinking Lebron would fade in the 2nd half when you said that. It didn't happen. He won the game. he deserves the praise, for now.

Completely true. I was wrong. He showed up for every minute of the game that it mattered and I gave him credit time and time again for doing so. I was also wrong in thinking that the Celtics would win in 6.

Fox318

YES!
YES!
YES!
YEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Gotten at the Garden

Yes/No, who knows. If even a few of the other players played competitively, the game would have ended up much closer, even with Pierce garbage.

Definitely much closer but I feel Miami would still have momentum since the bigs weren't producing for Boston. Even Garnett was pretty quiet with only being 6-14. I think Bosh being able to match up better against him has been a huge plus also for Miami so far. Maybe his stats aren't up to what people want but him putting pressure on Garnett is a big deal also. I just hope they wake up for game 7, I want a good game no matter who wins, I don't want a blowout like this game where one team is just dead the whole game.

I didn't get to watch the game...

Did LeBron finally flip the "fuck this I ain't goin' out like this" switch, go beast mode, and take the Heat on his shoulders?

DrMungo

C's shat the bed in the second half. Every good run marred by a botch layup or bricked open shot.
They withstood LeBron's NBAJamOnFireCheatCode kind of first half, and still were within striking distance.

Pierce played like ass probably should've been benched because he had no offense and was getting roasted by LeBron so was not bringing anything to the table.

Heat takes Game 7

Thunder in 6

This Beast mode LBJ never to be seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom