• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Can someone please provide a direct link to NBATV.com's live press conference page? Every time I go there, I cannot find it, even under "videos".

Are you serious, IWMTB? He had like 20 first half shots. When was the last time he did that?

Lebron noticed that Wade was ass and his role players couldn't hit shit, that he got into rhythm, and never let up. Lebron RARELY does that. he just kept shooting and shooting. Which is what the team needed at the time.

That is not his play style. It's praise worthy because he sensed the moment and took over. Like all greats have to do. Like Durant did in game 4. Sometimes it doesn't mean scoring a lot, but he had to tonight.

Or he was hitting the shots he could get on every possession so he kept shooting whereas generally he's based more on pullups and layups that aren't as easy to get off on each possession.

D23

lol celtics fan
fatceltics_medium.gif

boston-crowd.gif

DJ88

The best part about this win is getting to see the Boston players faces at work tomorrow.

Yesterday when they left they told us straight up "Bye, we will not be coming back Saturday."

chris palmer
LeBron James is the 1st player with 45 pts, 15 rebs, 5 asts in the playoffs in 48 years. (Wilt 50-15-6)

geez

Or he was hitting the shots he could get on every possession so he kept shooting whereas generally he's based more on pullups and layups that aren't as easy to get off on each possession.

So he played different. As I said.

Also more off the ball movement.

Vahagn

Lebron shoots 54% from the field. Dude should be taking 20 shots a half a lot more often than he does when he shoots 54% and his team shoots 35%

If Lebron has to shoot 90% from the field in order to feel confident enough to "keep shooting" - that's a problem.

LeBron was magnificent tonight but that's a dangerous recipe to set up for game 7.

Reality is if he didn't go absolutely nuts and hit everything in a stretch, this game could have been very different. But I guess we'll see what happens Saturday. Wade has to play better the whole game.

Vahagn

I'm still in awe at this game. It's surreal

Lebron's performance was surreal but the way the Celtics played so half-heartedly was also surreal.

Oh well, onto game 7

I just realized something, the Celtics are not a great offensive team. Have they just been playing above their pay grade and now...

THERE'S A REVERSION TO THE MEAN???? ooooooooo.

LeBron was magnificent tonight but that's a dangerous recipe to set up for game 7.

Reality is if he didn't go absolutely nuts and hit everything in a stretch, this game could have been very different. But I guess we'll see what happens Saturday. Wade has to play better the whole game.

Yup. BUT the rest of the team didnt play that well either. That did not look like one of our dominant team wins, it was a Lebron show. The hope is that the rest of the team wakes up to help Lebron cause the Celtics are going to bring it.

Obviously i feel better now but still not raising hope. I am done giving this team all my faith, let them earn it now.

The best part about this win is getting to see the Boston players faces at work tomorrow.

Yesterday when they left they told us straight up "Bye, we will not be coming back Saturday."

try to not agitate them more than they need to be lol

I just realized something, the Celtics are not a great offensive team. Have they just been playing above their pay grade and now...

Yup. BUT the rest of the team didnt play that well either. That did not look like one of our dominant team wins, it was a Lebron show. The hope is that the rest of the team wakes up to help Lebron cause the Celtics are going to bring it.

Obviously i feel better now but still not raising hope. I am done giving this team all my faith, let them earn it now.

I refuse to get excited. But maybe they'll be more dialed in earlier now...

Wouldn't be the first time, they really gotta stop that since it's proving to be bad karma.

Their last 2 wins their offense was terrible. Under 100 OEff.

They've won by making Miami's offense really shitty.

Well, Skip's right cause I guess LeBron didn't feel pressure late

Still stupid of him to say that though. Acknowledge he beasted and didn't need to be clutch.

geez

So he played different. As I said.

Also more off the ball movement.

He takes a lot of those shots that he can get any time in normal games as well, he just misses those shots a lot. If he kept firing away with fadeaways off isos and the post, he'd generally hurt his offense. He takes the shots that are going in and the near unguardable shots were going in tonight. It didn't seem like a change in mentality at all.

Celtics shot 7% from 3 point range. Credit how bad the Celtics played losing the rebound battle, and also getting only 14 assists. Doc Rivers said before this, "They haven't seen our best they will tonight." Doc couldn't be more wrong.

He takes a lot of those shots that he can get any time in normal games as well, he just misses those shots a lot. If he kept firing away with fadeaways off isos and the post, he'd generally hurt his offense. He takes the shots that are going in and the near unguardable shots were going in tonight. It didn't seem like a change in mentality at all.

You said this is how he always plays and now you're saying he doesn't play this way but he could.

How is it NOT a change in mentality. Lebron rarely takes this many of these shots. But he did, tonight. He kept attacking.

I can't figure out if you didn't watch the game or you don't even know what your argument actually is since it's contradicted by your own words.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can I pllllleeeeeeeeease get the gif of that Boston fan getting elbowed to the chest by LeBron's security guard right when halftime began and Bron was walking back to the locker room?

It was right after his interview with Dorris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom