• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Square-Enix did a good job on that Final Fantasy Dimensions game. Good effort.

iq8HmnE6EWY9c.jpg

Haha at Doc writing "pack for a week" on the board, after the game.

That could be the new blank banner, for 2012
so close :( but metta Ron elbow peace daggered a three on that chance :p

bjb

Banned
nawl not really. This guy's schtick is just played out.

also

But Lebron is usually horrible in closeout games

Irrelevant stat.

He still has no rings, so his performance in closeout games (series he loses) means nothing. Especially on teams like Cleveland - consider their roster lol.

I do look forward to him and his team choking on Saturday though.

But he was only more aggressive because his moves that are unguardable were working when generally (and especially in the playoffs this year) they aren't. If LeBron was a better shooter, he would shoot more, but I don't think he shot more tonight because he thought he had to put the team on his back.
Completely agree. LeBron took the same shots he usually does, he just hit an inordinate amount of them.

giri

Who gives a fuck?

He was pissed off last game and didn't want to talk. Has happened a few times in the past but because its Lebron your hating ass just has to point it out. Shit aint that serious bruh

If it aint that serious why you out here defending it like you're one of his dingle berrys?

Mothman91

Damn...Prometheus was all I expected, and more on top of that.

I'm sure it's going to get ALOT of criticism, but it's still worth it. Don't be fooled by the reviews, watch it yourself and judge!

There are so many things I'd like to see happen in the NBA in my life. A team come back from 0-3 down, a team go 16-0 in the playoffs, a 3OT+ game 7. But I guess some are just hopes and dreams.

Kanguro

Neo Member
Lebron shoots 54% from the field. Dude should be taking 20 shots a half a lot more often than he does when he shoots 54% and his team shoots 35%

If Lebron has to shoot 90% from the field in order to feel confident enough to "keep shooting" - that's a problem.

This mentality is so illustrative of Kobe fans that I had to quote it 4 pages back. Lebron shoots 54% from the field because he picks his spots and plays within the offense. If he took 20 shots a half regardless of the situation because he gonna do what he do and Mamba gonna Mamba then he'd shoot 43% from the field.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
I disagree. Especially after his performance tonight. Sure it would have been hilarious had they lost, but now....the stage is set.

LeBrick and the Heat choking on their home floor in Game 7 would be spectacular.

wouldn't you rather have them in the finals and losing? imagine the narratives then - not only does Lebron fall short, but now he loses to the newly crowned greatest player in the game (Durant) and we all get to juxtapose the evil Heat to the humble, small-market, dynasty-in-the-now Thunder.

i can't wait.

i passed out sometime after halftime, but looking at the replay LBJ just seemed so...reserved. for all his points it's as if he barely broke a sweat. i've never seen a more dominating performance that felt so lethargic. is he reserving himself for tomorrow night, or is this his 'serious face' when he realizes that he can't even depend on Wade or Bosh anymore? i didn't see enough Cavs LBJ to know whether he's done this before.

Eh...I don't mind if Bron chips this year. Rooting against him is starting to get old and he's been humbled after his 1st year Miami BS.

Looking forward to OKC/Miami.

Average of 40 FTA per team?

effzee

Magic and Jon Barry have got to be one of the dumbest combos of NBA analysts you can find. With all the resources at their disposal, and this is the best ESPN can bring? How much more obvious nonsense is Magic going to say?

ESPN just overall has terrible production values and coverage for the NBA. TNT blows them out of the water 10 times over.

I mean Magic is only there because of his name. Barry...I don't know I guess they have a quota of one average player turned analyst (like Trent Dilfer for the NFL coverage). Legler I like and he actually goes into details and breaking down the plays.

They shouldn't have let David Aldridge go. Stephen A Smith is ok sometimes but he can be just as annoying and stupid as Skip.

effzee

BTW I still think Boston will win the series. Lebron won't be able to repeat his performance. As talented as he is, he hit some impossible angle shots and was on fire shooting jumpers. That isn't his usual game so if he attempts the same shots I doubt they all go in like they did last night.

The rest of the team was still largely garbage. Wade has completely fallen off this series. He needs to wake the fuck up. If he shows up in game 7, Lebron can have his pedestrian 30 points 10+ rebounds game and they will win. If Wade doesn't Lebron will still have his pedestrian 30 points 10+ rebounds but they will lose.

Also I doubt Pierce and the Celtics shoot as poorly as they did. Those shots will fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom