• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I think SAS will beat OKC in 4 or 5
I think it'll go 6, but I feel the same way in terms of the Spurs having a big advantage.

Any game that OKC wins will be close, whereas the Spurs have a chance to win by 10-15. Kinda like the Thunder-Lakers series. I just can't see the Thunder blowing out the Spurs in any game.

VPhys

animat

c7X9f.gif

Oh snap, Lol

I think it'll go 6, but I feel the same way in terms of the Spurs having a big advantage.

Any game that OKC wins will be close, whereas the Spurs have a chance to win by 10-15. Kinda like the Thunder-Lakers series. I just can't see the Thunder blowing out the Spurs in any game.

One thing that keeps me on the fence is that SAS haven't faced a guard or forward as quick as YNB/Durant. Mr.T Cake is an odd match up too.

Harris and Paul aren't as quick as YNB nor are they as willing to jack up a shot.

GTYME and Caron are nothing like the physical freak Durant.

I give The Spurs the advantage based on their steam rolling so far and execution. And Pop probably already has his Scott Brooks voodoo doll stuck full of pins.

Gigglepoo

Is there a list of the best free agent signings for each team? I'd be curious to look at that. I don't even know who I'd nominate for the Pacers.

Vahagn

Out of Miami, SAS, Boston or OKC, I'd rather see Miami win the title to be honest. Fuck Boston. I'd rather not see SA win a 5th ring to match the Lakers (just bragging rights). OKC I think is not ready and get overrated.

Boston and SA logic, I'm fully on board with. I think Most Laker Fans are. SA is second in the Kobe era, and I'd like to keep it that way. As for OKC/Heat - it's a no contest, I want OKC to win.

Every year that the Heat fail, will bring the organization closer to blowing up the experiment, and it may go down as the most failed Super Star collabo experiment of all time, and that's what I'm rooting for

Owzers

i don't like OKC and Miami, i'm somewhat indifferent to the Celtics, and i like the Spurs.

Soooooooooooo go spurs i guess, but i am leaning towards "anyone but the Heat"

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Every year that the Heat fail, will bring the organization closer to blowing up the experiment, and it may go down as the most failed Super Star collabo experiment of all time, and that's what I'm rooting for

The Heat experiment -- if it fails -- will never top early 2000 Real Madrid in failure.

Out of Miami, SAS, Boston or OKC, I'd rather see Miami win the title to be honest. Fuck Boston. I'd rather not see SA win a 5th ring to match the Lakers (just bragging rights). OKC I think is not ready and get overrated.

I don't want to see shadowlark get his lark on. All things considered I think I'd prefer OKC.

effzee

Boston and SA logic, I'm fully on board with. I think Most Laker Fans are. SA is second in the Kobe era, and I'd like to keep it that way. As for OKC/Heat - it's a no contest, I want OKC to win.

Says the Lakers fan.

Pretty much.

Mrbob

I'm rooting for Miami to crash and burn in the finals again so Lebron can have not 1, not 2, and not 3 nba titles. Losing in the finals two years in a row would be glorious.

Don't care if it's OKC or the Spurs as long as they knock the Heat out.

Vahagn

I would rather the celtics win it all.

Fuck the spurs thunder and heat

I just want to Celtics to make the Finals. Then it will be that they made it in 2008/2010/2012 and they were injured in 2009 and 2011.

Fast forward about 10 years, the narrative may be that the only reason Anyone from the east ever made the Finals from 08-12 is because of Celtic injuries, which I can live with because it detracts from Lebron's legacy. He would have lost against them 3 times, and beaten them once as they were injured.

Edit: Kind of like no one expected anyone but Bos/LA to make the finals from 84-87 and the only reason anyone else did, was because of a fluke/injuries.

Mothman91

Although I don't like anyone going into the finals...I'd like the Celtics to win it all. Bitchass KG, wheelchair Pierce, noshot Rondo, and old man Allen...yeah, all them over everyone else.

I kind of want to see KG put up like 25/12 on like 50% shooting in the finals winning the MVP.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So the NBA fines Spo rather than admit that the officiating with the Pacers/Heat series was horrible. Okay. But the refs have been and will always be a problem until the NBA acknowledges it.

Vahagn

Jazz Fans

Was AK47 your second favorite player in those Deron/Sloan teams? You guys seem like you've always had an affection for him

Vahagn

I'm not arguing that. It's just the hard fouls against D-Wade and LeBron that has us riled.

You're a heat fan. Not only do you get the most favorable treatment from the refs of any team except possibly the Thunder in today's NBA

But the way your franchise played basketball in the 90's makes this Indiana team look charmin soft in comparison.

You guys also thought the Knicks were playing over the top basketball against you last round too, remember the Tyson Chandler pick on Bron?

The reality is, you're just not used to someone being able to breathe on your team without a foul call. And the Pittman/Haslem fouls in game 5 were worse than any Pacer foul to date.

giri

Yeah, but a thread will pop up in the OT every few months where you have 20-something year old dudes admitting they can't drive.

So now I just assume most users can't drive.

i think in some of the larger cities, like NY, it's probably not that necessary?

no idea.

effzee

You're a heat fan. Not only do you get the most favorable treatment from the refs of any team except possibly the Thunder in today's NBA

But the way your franchise played basketball in the 90's makes this Indiana team look charmin soft in comparison.

You guys also thought the Knicks were playing over the top basketball against you last round too, remember the Tyson Chandler pick on Bron?

The reality is, you're just not used to someone being able to breathe on your team without a foul call. And the Pittman/Haslem fouls in game 5 were worse than any Pacer foul to date.

Again says the Lakers fan.

Vahagn

Again says the Lakers fan.

exactly

And that's why I have never, and would never make a comment like

But the refs have been and will always be a problem until the NBA acknowledges it.

And I'm pointing out that Heat fan shouldn't either. But of course, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Edit: Also, Laker teams have always known for their finesse, not for their thuggery. In fact we've routinely been called soft...Bynum/Artest are new a phenomenon in our city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom