• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, people can laugh, but Boozer is actually great with the fans.

I just found out that a friend mine actually sat next to him and had dinner WITH him, when Boozer's sister graduated from Peperdine University. Why didn't he tell me?!?! I would have jumped on a plane and been there!!!!

BTW, according to him, Boozer is a great guy.

And he got a vote for All-Defense
Completely deserved. That coach is the only guy in the NBA who knows defense!

I’ve already told you that Dwight Howard wants out of Orlando, and now I have another piece of info to report.

A plugged-in league source tells SheridanHoops.com that the feeling is mutual, and Orlando is prepared to trade him sooner rather than later.

The source said that when Magic team president traveled to Michigan last weekend to speak in person with owner Rich DeVos, the conclusion was reached that not only was it time for Stan Van Gundy and Otis Smith to go, but Howard, too.

That means the Magic will be proactive in soliciting deals once next week’s draft lottery results are in, clearing up the lay of the land in terms of which teams can offer the most value in return.

The source spoke to SheridanHoops.com on condition of anonymity.
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/05/24/exclusive-magic-are-ready-to-trade-howardf-howard/

X70UY.jpg

aznpxdd

Did he beat Love??? If so....fuck them.

Nah, Love is on the 2nd team as well.

Full list for your reference:

All-NBA First Team
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

All-NBA Second Team
Tony Parker
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
Andrew Bynum

All-NBA Third Team
Rajon Rondo
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

giri

All-NBA First Team
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

All-NBA Second Team
Tony Parker
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
Andrew Bynum

All-NBA Third Team
Rajon Rondo
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

Tyson was about 5 x better than dwight this year.

Alrix

All-NBA First Team
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

All-NBA Second Team
Tony Parker
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
Andrew Bynum

All-NBA Third Team
Rajon Rondo
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

Griffin 2nd team. wow. WITH another pf on the team too.

seems like they just wanted lebron and durant to both be first team to they listed durant as a pf. and since there are no pfs on the first team they put 2 on the second...idk, just really weird. same thing with westbrook. like they just really wanted to include him. 3rd team is the only one that has all 5 guys at their listed positions.

dwight shouldn't be first team, i hate bynum but if it's between him and tyson I'd probably give it to him even though i'm knicks-age (although tyson should have obviously been on all defense team). need to choose one of lebron/durant (love deserves to be first team PF imo), and while I didn't watch enough of kobe to really back this up I feel like he isn't the best 2 in the league right now either.

weird lists.

benjipwns

Banned
seems like they just wanted lebron and durant to both be first team to they listed durant as a pf. and since there are no pfs on the first team they put 2 on the second...idk, just really weird. same thing with westbrook. like they just really wanted to include him. 3rd team is the only one that has all 5 guys at their listed positions.

weird lists.
The voting is done 1 Center, 2 Forwards, 2 Guards like the All-Star Game. PF/SF and SG/PG distinctions aren't involved.

Wow I never knew about Wade being on Third Team...wtf is that shit?

Bullshit is what it is.

Concerning Orlando -

So let me get this straight:

1) Get Dwight to waive his option
2) Fire Stan Van Gundy and Smith
3) Entertain interviewing SHAQUILLE O'NEAL for your GM opening
4) Then plan on trading Dwight Howard???

What the fuck.

Man with the new CBA seems like literally everybody that's an all-star gets a max deal these days. Wtf. Shit is so broken.

How does this help bad teams? Makes it almost impossible to acquire franchise leading players in any way other than the draft.

Seemed like last CBA The Wiz might have zero chance at getting the Wades/Brons of the world but if we were willing to overpay for Harden/Hibbert then it was possible...we can't even do that now.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Oh Dy, I thought you would leave me with some dignity intact. You are a cruel, cruel man. I won't forget this. I will have my revenge. In the end, I will leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
That's what you get for tugging on Superman's cape.

Bullshit is what it is.

Concerning Orlando -

So let me get this straight:
1. Break up an NBA finals team/an expiring in Shard to get WINCE
2. Someone destroy cap flexibility by bringing in two of the worst contracts in the league in Turk (sellers remorse) and Gilbert
3. Amnesty Gilbert instantly as if they had never done scouting before the deal
4. Get Dwight to waive his option
5. Fire Stan Van Gundy and Smith
6. Entertain interviewing SHAQUILLE O'NEAL for your GM opening
7. Then plan on trading Dwight Howard???

What the fuck.

Fixed.

That Finals roster (that lost in 5 games and wasn't some unstoppable force) consisted of shitty guys like Rafer Alston and a Hedouche who required a new contract whereas Vince came off a 20/5/5 season and was considered by some an all-star snub along with Ryan Anderson as a throw in in a deal where Courtney Lee was the only worthwhile player given up by Orlando

Every playoffs this damn thread ruins me. Eventually I wander back over to gaming, realize how utterly insane everyone is then come running back to best-gaf. In the off season ill start drinking the koolaid again but for right now. I see clearly!

That Finals roster (that lost in 5 games and wasn't some unstoppable force) consisted of shitty guys like Rafer Alston and a Hedouche who required a new contract whereas Vince came off a 20/5/5 season and was considered by some an all-star snub along with Ryan Anderson as a throw in in a deal where Courtney Lee was the only worthwhile player given up by Orlando

That series should have been much closer though. If Jameer never comes back I think it at least goes to 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom