• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

Is there a list of the best free agent signings for each team? I'd be curious to look at that. I don't even know who I'd nominate for the Pacers.

You mean best available FA (Nash) or best recent signing (West)?

As for the rest of the playoffs, gotta go for the young, exciting, small market team that built through the draft and has the non-pompous / asshole superstars...leggo Thunder!

I hope the Spurs make the finals if they play the Heat (I don't wanna be in a world where this does not happen) I don't think I would be able to get a ticket in OKC, but I KNOW I could get a ticket in San Antonio, and I would definitely drive my ass down 4 1/2 hours to see the Heat

7A9o9.png

He looks like a black George RR Martin.

effzee

exactly

And that's why I have never, and would never make a comment like

And I'm pointing out that Heat fan shouldn't either. But of course, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Edit: Also, Laker teams have always known for their finesse, not for their thuggery. In fact we've routinely been called soft...Bynum/Artest are new a phenomenon in our city

No one should complain about the refs and your point wasn't exactly clear since Lakers fans are the loudest whiniest bunch in these thread complaining about the same things their franchise enjoys (super teams).

Also I am a Sixers fan and I know both the ugly (they don't get any calls in their favor now) and the good (back when AI would get the benefit of doubt at all times).

I hope the Spurs make the finals if they play the Heat (I don't wanna be in a world where this does not happen) I don't think I would be able to get a ticket in OKC, but I KNOW I could get a ticket in San Antonio, and I would definitely drive my ass down 4 1/2 hours to see the Heat
wouldnt you rather have heat face okc?

Omega

Banned
lol Magic.

On SportsCenter they have that shitty ESPN crew talking about the Spurs/OKC matchup and Magic says "whichever teams reserves play better is going to win"

I think it was yesterday or the day before, he said "which ever Big 3 plays better is going to win"

Wonder what's going to be the determining factor tomorrow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol Magic.

On SportsCenter they have that shitty ESPN crew talking about the Spurs/OKC matchup and Magic says "whichever teams reserves play better is going to win"

I think it was yesterday or the day before, he said "which ever Big 3 plays better is going to win"

Wonder what's going to be the determining factor tomorrow.

I remember him saying somebody on Philly has to score 30 or 40 to beat Boston to win Game 7.

Philly has had a guy score that many points a handful of times this season. And in none of their wins over Boston this series, not even close. It's like the complete opposite of what they actually have to do in order to win the game.

Vahagn

No one should complain about the refs and your point wasn't exactly clear since Lakers fans are the loudest whiniest bunch in these thread complaining about the same things their franchise enjoys (super teams).

Also I am a Sixers fan and I know both the ugly (they don't get any calls in their favor now) and the good (back when AI would get the benefit of doubt at all times).

A) Clearly, dude, you fail to have any concept of objectivity on an issue involving the Lakers. I'm a Laker fan, so that's to be expected, but I don't have the same ridiculous biased stupidity about Philly as you do about LA.

B) I've only blamed one game on officiating (38-10 FT disparity)...but I don't act like officials are a "problem" in the league...and Heat Fans shouldn't make that complaint.

C) Philly had their own super team in the 80's, don't blame me that Philly management couldn't build around AI the way LA could around Kobe/Shaq, Take it up with your own organization. BTW If you don't see the difference between the every other super team in history and the Miami Superteam...you clearly don't understand the distinction and why everyone including fan bases of the entire country and current and former players were up in arms about what Miami did.

D) You just subtly blamed the refs with the bolded...but despite Boston being a more marquee team with bigger names, Philly has a 143-131 FT advantage in the series.

I would rather the celtics win it all too. Would be such a great ending to the best big 3 era ever!

:'( i know that feeling

whenever the season ends, everyone is gone lol, KG isn't signing the min that vets get and Ainge already said thats the max they will give Ray and KG, :(

Quick Best-Gaf pick which console game I should buy right now.....

Max Payne 3
Dragon's Dogma
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Street Fighter X Tekken

PS3 or Xbox 360...

Go!!!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So apparently newer routers have this feature called "QoS" (Quality of Service) that is enabled by default. It lets your browser prioritize Wi-Fi traffic to different devices to determine how much bandwidth it should take up. The problem is that it basically throttled all of my WiFi connections and was allowing stupid slow speeds of like < 0.5Mbps.

I had to dig through several online articles to figure out how to disable this bullshit. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

So apparently newer routers have this feature called "QoS" (Quality of Service) that is enabled by default. It lets your browser prioritize Wi-Fi traffic to different devices to determine how much bandwidth it should take up. The problem is that it basically throttled all of my WiFi connections and was allowing stupid slow speeds of like < 0.5Mbps.

I had to dig through several online articles to figure out how to disable this bullshit. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Plenty of uses for it,when it works. Say you work at home and have a family. Your laptop or whatever gets priority why the kids or whoever get the scraps.

Omega

Banned
Quick Best-Gaf pick which console game I should buy right now.....

Max Payne 3
Dragon's Dogma
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Street Fighter X Tekken

PS3 or Xbox 360...

Go!!!

You pretty much have that list in order, although MP3 and DD could be swapped depending on if you want a shooter.

Don't buy SFxT unless you get it for $10 or less. GR is mediocre, Max Payne is a far better shooter with a far better single player.

Haven't played Dragons Dogma but I've heard good things about it so if you want an RPG go with that

Mxrz

Huh. 76ers winning would make for the best story. But in reality I'd rather see the Heat win than the other three. Just for all the gnashing of teeth. The hating isn't as funny as it was last year. But then that'd probably fire up the Miami bandwagon again. Meh. Finals canceled for Basketball Reasons.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Plenty of uses for it,when it works. Say you work at home and have a family. Your laptop or whatever gets priority why the kids or whoever get the scraps.

Sure, but by default it's stupid slow and I live on my own.

pilonv1

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/

Barely three weeks after surgery to repair a sports hernia and torn abductor muscles, Rockets guard Kyle Lowry returned to the Toyota Center weight rooms and went through shooting drills on the practice court.

But as he leaves town Saturday, he does not know if he’ll return to those familiar facilities or if he wants to be back.

Lowry does not believe he and Goran Dragic, his successor as the starting point guard this season, will both return to the roster next season. Lowry was even less confident he and Rockets coach Kevin McHale can successfully coexist.

“I don’t think so,” Lowry, 26, said. “I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

“If things aren’t addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”

But McHale did not believe the issues were too great for him and Lowry to work well together.

“That’s very surprising,” McHale said. “I didn’t think we had too much of a problem coexisting this year. Everybody has a little beef every once in a while. I didn’t feel like (there were problems). He apparently did.

“There were times that we didn’t agree on things. There were times that I got on him. I don’t think it was unduly harsh on anybody.”

Lowry and McHale seemed most at odds during a late-season game in Denver when McHale grabbed Lowry and pulled him back toward a huddle during a timeout with Lowry reacting angrily on the court. Both downplayed the incident in the next few days, but Lowry confirmed he needed to be restrained.

“My teammates pulled me away,” Lowry said. “They did a good job.”

Wizard Morey has some work to do

I know I'm a few hours late with this but this is my preference for winning the whole thing.

Celtics = Spurs > OKC = Philly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heat

I'm okay with either the Celtics or Spurs winning it all because I like how all the experts said both those teams were completely done 2-3 years ago. Yet they're still able to legitimately contend for championship even while superstars on other teams are in their prime. Out of the remaining teams, the Spurs and Celtics play classic team ball and they have quality coaches. As a basketball fan, I rather see that style of play rewarded instead of watching superstars do ISOs all the time and seeing weak-kneed coaches going brain dead in the crunch. Pop and Doc don't play around.

I'd like OKC to come back and maybe get it in a year or so. But I won't lose sleep if they win it this year. Durant already chipping would make Lebron look that much more of a loser.

I wouldn't mind Philly winning it, just for the lawls. Too bad pigs will fly before that happens though.

And as another poster pointed out, I would take great pleasure in seeing Lebron lose not 1, not 2, but 3 consecutive Finals trips. :lol :lol :lol Who would be the last superstar on his level to lose that many consecutive Finals without ever winning one?

And if Lebron is ever going to win a championship, this would be the year. The stars have aligned up perfectly. What little competition there was in the East literally crumbled away to injuries at the start of the playoffs. Going forward Boston is old and Ray Ray is still off his game and there's a very real possibility they could face the Sixers in the LCF... :lol :lol :lol The Heat only have one tough series and that's the Finals, primarily because they won't have home court against either OKC or the Spurs.

If Bron Bron actually steps up in a highly competitive pressure filled series, I'll give him props. But from what I saw of him against Indiana (Indiana) early on in the series when things were rough, he went hiding under the bed when Wade had issues. So clearly he's the same old Lebron who shrinks when things aren't going his way. Aside from Heat-age, I don't understand why anyone here would want to see Lebron and Wade win a championship. They represent everything that's wrong with our modern superstars.

Emwitus

I actually have no problem with the heat, just feel like celtics are more deserving of the championship this year, a last hurrah.

Thunder #1
It will be delicious to see how ESPN spins Durant winning a ring before LeBron
Spurs #2
It will be delicious for the Spurs to stop LeBron again
Celtics #3
Fuck them
Heat #4
Fuck them more

Btw. Drove 9 hours today. Fuck im tired.

Thunder #1
It will be delicious to see how ESPN spins Durant winning a ring before LeBron
Spurs #2
It will be delicious for the Spurs to stop LeBron again
Celtics #3
Fuck them
Heat #4
Fuck them more

You gotta admit if the Celtics beat the Heat in the LCF, it would be hilarious. Paul Pierce should get down on one knee and start celebrating like Lebron did last year. You know Pierce is capable of trolling like that.

Branduil

Basically my mentality. tcb will definitely be unbearable though so maybe philly before spurs, even though it won't happen

plus if okc wins the amount of fisher > kobe memes will blow my head up

Philly would be the most hilarious Finals winner, but also the most unlikely. By far.

balddemon

Banned
i want a heat/spurs finals to go 7 games and idc who wins. every game needs to be won by no more than 3 points. just as long as no one gets hurt and it's an exciting series, that's all i ask for.

jk i want thunder to take it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom