• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
people do realize the Heat played the Celtics last year right? With KG?

I kind of remember the celtics beating themselves, taking a lot of contested jumpers.

And the heat had Bosh.

Regardless, the Celtics are, and always have been, the worst match for the Heat. As pathetic as the celtics looked in the semifinals, they seem to often play down to their opponents in playoff basketball, having long, drawn out series that they really shouldn't have.

I expect a 4-2 or 4-3 decision either way. I don't think this series will end in 4 or 5 games.

I don't know what to make of Haywire, except two things:

1) Gina Carano, yes, definitely hnnng
2) She can't act worth shit

You can keep going. I watched that shit and simpl concluded it was a long audition for her to get more action roles.

I'm good with it.

Even during their championship year in '08, it took Boston 7 games to beat the Hawks.

The Celtics are like that old man in a rocking chair on a porch. When the old guy wants the kids to get off his lawn, he'll only get up if it's absolutely necessary, otherwise he'll just wave his cain around hoping you get annoyed and leave. The Czz are pretty much the same. Today KG and Ray Ray finally got in their walker and chased Iggy off their front lawn. Of course though they needed the aid of Rondo their seeing eye dog.

giri

I kind of remember the celtics beating themselves, taking a lot of contested jumpers.

And the heat had Bosh.

Regardless, the Celtics are, and always have been, the worst match for the Heat. As pathetic as the celtics looked in the semifinals, they seem to often play down to their opponents in playoff basketball, having long, drawn out series that they really shouldn't have.

I expect a 4-2 or 4-3 decision either way. I don't think this series will end in 4 or 5 games.

naw, the heat are simply too athletic for them now. they're too old.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this went 4-1 heat.

I realize this is late but I'm really starting to find magic johnson's "analysis" during and after games unbearable. The dude is just such a tool. Both team were terrible at shooting for a decent part of the game and he goes on a rant of how ray allen had a good game by going like 3 for 13 and 2 for 11 from 3pt range. Makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

I had the most horrible dream last night. Dreamt that Timmy got hurt in the first quarter today and that the Spurs lost the game by 13 ;( It was so real too. I woke up thinking the Spurs actually did lose. :(

naw, the heat are simply too athletic for them now. they're too old.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this went 4-1 heat.

I haven't really been impressed with how Boston has been playing and with wade and lebron waking up, I would sort of be surprised if it didn't go 4-1.

Everyone should make fun of Stephen A. This series will go 4-1. Wade is going to kill Ray, Chalmers is better this year, and Bosh gets beasted by Garnett all the time anyway so not much will change there.

Heat have a better bench this year, and DWade and LeBron are more comfortable playing on the same team.

Redux

Banned
Two oldest teams to meet in the finals.

ESPN goes bonkers, claiming, "WTF, short season and dis whatt we get?? omfg!"

Everyone should make fun of Stephen A. This series will go 4-1. Wade is going to kill Ray, Chalmers is better this year, and Bosh gets beasted by Garnett all the time anyway so not much will change there.

Heat have a better bench this year, and DWade and LeBron are more comfortable playing on the same team.

So if Miami loses in the finals no excuses? Nice.

Even during their championship year in '08, it took Boston 7 games to beat the Hawks.

The Celtics are like that old man in a rocking chair on a porch. When the old guy wants the kids to get off his lawn, he'll only get up if it's absolutely necessary, otherwise he'll just wave his cain around hoping you get annoyed and leave. The Czz are pretty much the same. Today KG and Ray Ray finally got in their walker and chased Iggy off their front lawn. Of course though they needed the aid of Rondo their seeing eye dog.

this is a great description bruh. if there is a god the celtics will win the series

DMczaf

Cool, the Indy 500 is today. That means I don't have to hear that terrible song in that commercial anymore during NBA games.

I realize this is late but I'm really starting to find magic johnson's "analysis" during and after games unbearable. The dude is just such a tool. Both team were terrible at shooting for a decent part of the game and he goes on a rant of how ray allen had a good game by going like 3 for 13 and 2 for 11 from 3pt range. Makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

I take it you never watched The Magic Hour, eh.

The Celtics win the series is if 2 of their big 3 alternates having throwback games in their wins while shutting down Wade Or James for 4 games. But I don't see how Wade and James don't go off for most of the series.

Both are a little far fetched on paper but it's the fucking Celtics, I expect this shit most of the time when they play the Heat. And I'm fully expecting Rondo to murder Chalmers so that was already factored in

jman2050

Using that same logic, the Lakers haven't won anything since 2010.

Yeah, and they are rightly derided for all the numerous flaws on their team right now. They aren't given the benefit of the doubt except by less intelligent Lakers fans. Pointing out that the Celtics aren't a very good team is not an indictment on their previous efforts, it's what it is.

Sanjuro

Yeah, and they are rightly derided for all the numerous flaws on their team right now. They aren't given the benefit of the doubt except by less intelligent Lakers fans. Pointing out that the Celtics aren't a very good team is not an indictment on their previous efforts, it's what it is.

I've never stated the Celtics are a great team, but you just seem to be fishing for vague reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom