• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

heat in 6 and bosh comes back for the final.

tumblr_m45oq1HypT1qkl10j.gif

lets do this.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't think Dwight has as much trade value at this point in time for two reasons:

1) Contract issue (will he resign with us?)
2) He just had back surgery

I don't think Dwight has as much trade value at this point in time for two reasons:

1) Contract issue (will he resign with us?)
2) He just had back surgery

3) Will he pitch a fit after a few years and get his HC fired?

Any HC on a team that signs him would have that invisible pressure on them.

As far as the Lakers go, I don't think that they are even looking at him with how scared shitless they are of the new cap penalties.

As far as the Lakers go, I don't think that they are even looking at him with how scared shitless they are of the new cap penalties.

Bynum will cost as much, so I don't think the money matters (unless you're talking about taking on Turk).

That's my point.

You aren't getting a 1/1 trade. There would be collateral salary that the Lakers would need to take on.

And to that end, the Lakers aren't pulling that trigger.

It's not that bad now, actually. Turk makes $12 mil next year and then $6 mil guaranteed the final year.

Lakers have to give up about $25 million or more to trade with Orlando to take on Turk. Means they need to add in $9 million to the pot with Bynum (cannot use TPE on Turk).

Ron + filler would get it done. They'd be adding salary next year if it's just Ron + filler, but they'd be close to even with 2013-14 salary as now (although it would hit the luxury tax since it's not an amnesty).

If they could make it Ron + Blake for Howard + dwight, it would be hard not to justify it because of money since the difference won't be much overall.

Had it been done last season, the hit would have been much bigger. This summer would change it. Ron + Blake would basically cancel out Turk. Not saying this happens, of course.

But then, other than a team like NJN, I don't know anyone who will take Turk on.

Onemic

Spurs beating OKC in 6 tops, I can see them beating em in 5 actually. Parker is gonna make Westbrook work.

Honestly the Spurs are just gonna win the whole damn thing. I can't see anyone beating them, they are far too deep of a team for Miami to have a chance.

Spurs beating OKC in 6 tops, I can see them beating em in 5 actually. Parker is gonna make Westbrook work.

Honestly the Spurs are just gonna win the whole damn thing. I can't see anyone beating them, they are far too deep of a team for Miami to have a chance.

OKC will win this shit.

If this led to the firing of Mike brown, I'd be fine with that.

giri

whoa, don't ever put Razor Ramon in the same sentence as that diva. Ramon was the man

IMO he has. At least The Decision was over in an hour..

The Indecision has gone on for almost a year now and will probably last until the ASG unless the Magic are smart enough to just trade his ass

How selective our memory gets.

LBJ started courting free agency 2 years before "the decision".

The ones who handled it the best were probably CP3 or Melo. At least Melo said "trade me to one of these teams, and i'll sign an extension with them, but i'm out of here if you don't". Like a clear cut answer.

Even Amare didn't really handle his that badly.

Onemic

OKC will win this shit.

What other team has Manu AND Captain Jack coming off the bench? Not to mention the best damn NBA coach only second to Phil Jackson. If OKC somehow manages to beat the Spurs which I sincerely doubt, they won't be beating Miami in the finals, the matchup just doesn't favour them. The Spurs on the other hand have the depth and experience to put away both OKC and the Heat if it comes down to it. Parker will actually make Westbrook work on D for once, because lets face it, Sessions and Kidd aint making any defender lose their breath.

Quote it and mock me forever if I'm wrong. Spurs goin all the way.

Vahagn

People forget that mike brown and Dan Gilbert were fired and Tom izzo was consulted all because the Cavs thought they could get Lebron...and he watched the firing happen and stood by without contacting them after the fact at all. And how many trades and FA's did Cleveland lose for 2 years because players wanted a straight answer from Bron.

This Dwight saga was pretty bad, but Lebron did just as bad or worse in Cleveland. I agree with Giri,,CP3 and also I think Deron have handled their situations the best...at least with them, you knew the team sucked and its management wasn't even close to building a contender and they just went about their business.

For comparisons sake, Deron and Dwight were both in the exact same situation this season, Deron didn't utter a word or make trade demands and all the focus was on Dwight's circus.

giri

People forget that mike brown and Dan Gilbert were fired and Tom izzo was consulted all because the Cavs thought they could get Lebron...and he watched the firing happen and stood by without contacting them after the fact at all. And how many trades and FA's did Cleveland lose for 2 years because players wanted a straight answer from Bron.

This Dwight saga was pretty bad, but Lebron did just as bad or worse in Cleveland. I agree with Giri,,CP3 and also I think Deron have handled their situations the best...at least with them, you knew the team sucked and its management wasn't even close to building a contender and they just went about their business.

For comparisons sake, Deron and Dwight were both in the exact same situation this season, Deron didn't utter a word or make trade demands and all the focus was on Dwight's circus.

Dan Gilbert was fired? He owns the Cavs.

Deron got Sloan fired on his way out of town. It wasn't a good exit at all.

Vahagn

Dan Gilbert was fired? He owns the Cavs.

Deron got Sloan fired on his way out of town. It wasn't a good exit at all.

Sloan resigned, and Deron was traded because he made Sloan resign. Deron also never asked to be traded, Utah dicked Deron more than anything Deron did except clash with his coach.

Edit: I was talking about Deron in NJ anyway. But even with Utah, he didn't do anything except have a falling out with his coach. No trade demands, no public complaints, no press conferences or anything else. Sloan resigned because he wasn't interesting in winning back his superstar player, he's not the babysitting type and I don't blame him, but the resignation and the trade did come out of the blue, and neither were decisions that Deron made.

giri

Sloan resigned, and Deron was traded because he made Sloan resign. Deron also never asked to be traded, Utah dicked Deron more than anything Deron did except clash with his coach.

Thats an amazing re-write of history.

Do you also assume WW2 was just a bunch of germans going for a stroll around europe?

How selective our memory gets.

LBJ started courting free agency 2 years before "the decision".

The ones who handled it the best were probably CP3 or Melo. At least Melo said "trade me to one of these teams, and i'll sign an extension with them, but i'm out of here if you don't". Like a clear cut answer.

Even Amare didn't really handle his that badly.

LBJ at least played his contract out, same thing with Bosh and even Wade. He also tried to get stars to come Cleveland multiple times but no one wants to come to Ohio. The only part that was fucked up was the announcement.

Its laughable to think the "trade me or else" stars somehow handled the situation better.

Vahagn

Thats an amazing re-write of history.

Do you also assume WW2 was just a bunch of germans going for a stroll around europe?

Your condescending attitude is fucking annoying - stop assuming someone who doesn't agree with you doesn't have a grip on history or reality, stfu and make a point instead of your constant personal insults...

Show me a single article where deron asked to be traded or Sloan didn't resign on his own after a spat in the locker room with deron.

giri

LBJ at least played his contract out, same thing with Bosh and even Wade. He also tried to get stars to come Cleveland multiple times but no one wants to come to Ohio. The only part that was fucked up was the announcement.

Its laughable to think the "trade me or else" stars somehow handled the situation better.

QQ? The 2 year debacle saw millions wasted on win now trades that were flawed. Sending out of all their pics. 2 years of not being able to plan for the future at all, and 2 years of shamelessly courting about a dozen other franchises.

He played his contract out, because that was the summer of free agents and let him team up with the other two.

He wasn't doing the cavs a favour there.

Omega

Banned

Bosh was subtly one of the worse.

Because he was in Toronto no one cared probably. He was courting teams, and his team had a chance to make the playoffs until he just quit on them. As his team was still fighting for playoff position, he was still making tweets about how excited he was for FA.

giri

Your condescending attitude is fucking annoying - stop assuming someone who doesn't agree with you doesn't have a grip on history or reality, stfu and make a point instead of your constant personal insults...

Show me a single article where deron asked to be traded or Sloan didn't resign on his own after a spat in the locker room with deron.

Your continual head in sand approach to everything basketball related is more annoying and why a majority of people on here don't take you seriously at all on any point.

To put it into context for you, By your logic, how is the dwight saga bad? all he did is take his time in waving his opt out. He did nothing else, even opted to stay the extra year, thats all only positive!

Vahagn

QQ? The 2 year debacle saw millions wasted on win now trades that were flawed. Sending out of all their pics. 2 years of not being able to plan for the future at all, and 2 years of shamelessly courting about a dozen other franchises.

He played his contract out, because that was the summer of free agents and let him team up with the other two.

He wasn't doing the cavs a favour there.

Also, for the record:

A) it's a joke that you think Melo's handling of The Nuggets situation was "prettier" than Deron's of Utah. Both players tuned their coach out, but Sloan just had less patience for that shit

B) it's a fucking irrelevant point anyway because I was clearly talking about Deron's handling of the Nets, not the Jazz...and bringing up Sloan resigning because he didn't have the patience to deal with deron has no effect on how he's handling the nets situation - which is superbly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom