• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
QQ? The 2 year debacle saw millions wasted on win now trades that were flawed. Sending out of all their pics. 2 years of not being able to plan for the future at all, and 2 years of shamelessly courting about a dozen other franchises.

He played his contract out, because that was the summer of free agents and let him team up with the other two.

He wasn't doing the cavs a favour there.

Yup, there was all kinds of lead up to the summer of 2010 and LeBron did very little to quell the media steamroller.

And his wearing a Yankee cap (in 2009 after getting eliminated by the Magic, knowing about the rumors concerning him going to NY) to the next year's exit when he (clearly for the benefit of the cameras) removed his Cavs jersey and then proceeded to drop not so subtle hints in the press conference that followed about "leaving his options open" blah blah blah.

LeBron isn't the boogeyman that a lot would like to make him out to be but his hands are hardly clean.

Vahagn

Your continual head in sand approach to everything basketball related is more annoying and why a majority of people on here don't take you seriously at all on any point.

To put it into context for you, By your logic, how is the dwight saga bad? all he did is take his time in waving his opt out. He did nothing else, even opted to stay the extra year, thats all only positive!

Again, someone who doesn't agree with you doesnt have his head in sand - you're by far one of the ost closed minded posters on here with hypocritical arguments galore.

Dwight's saga is bad because he asked for a trade mid season, asked to get his coach fired per multiple sources, including the coach, and then openly flirted with Kobe and Deron mid-season while his team was in a playoff hunt. I don't blame Dwight so much for wimping out of the trade last minute and signing in his opt in - I blame him for the circus in the first place - something that by comparison, Deron who's in the same situation and on a worse team, didn't do.

In fact, Deron has never asked to be traded on any team he's been on...something that Dwight and Melo have - and have created a circus for one year while doing so.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In fact, Deron has never asked to be traded on any team he's been on...something that Dwight and Melo have - and have created a circus for one year while doing so.

He stated he wouldn't reup in Utah a number of times.. which is basically the same as saying trade me in the NBA

Vahagn

He stated he wouldn't reup in Utah a number of times.. which is basically the same as saying trade me in the NBA

Nope, one is saying I'll play my contract out and be a free agent, the other is saying trade me mid season. Someone who wants to test free agency is not the same as someone who is demanding a trade, c'mon now - you know better.

QQ? The 2 year debacle saw millions wasted on win now trades that were flawed. Sending out of all their pics. 2 years of not being able to plan for the future at all, and 2 years of shamelessly courting about a dozen other franchises.

He played his contract out, because that was the summer of free agents and let him team up with the other two.

He wasn't doing the cavs a favour there.

The win-now trades weren't all Lebrons fault. Whoever the dumbass GM was that made those decisions thinking they would please Lebron is at fault. LBJ had some input sure, but he was always saying that he planned on exploring free agency. IDK why you think he would wait on that summer when it was unclear what the hell the other free agents would do.

Your bias against lebron is obvious by now but its hilarious you think the stars that acted like babies screaming trade me or else, somehow handled FA better. For whatever reasons you can make up in your head, he still played out his contract.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nope, one is saying I'll play my contract out and be a free agent, the other is saying trade me mid season. Someone who wants to test free agency is not the same as someone who is demanding a trade, c'mon now - you know better.

uh.. I do know better. I know that a star stating they won't re-sign with a team almost guarantees a trade every time.. saying it in the media is a savvy way of asking for a trade.

And talking about condescending attitudes...

giri

Also, for the record:

A) it's a joke that you think Melo's handling of The Nuggets situation was "prettier" than Deron's of Utah. Both players tuned their coach out, but Sloan just had less patience for that shit

B) it's a fucking irrelevant point anyway because I was clearly talking about Deron's handling of the Nets, not the Jazz...and bringing up Sloan resigning because he didn't have the patience to deal with deron has no effect on how he's handling the nets situation - which is superbly.

You referenced Deron saying he's handled his career better. No, his exit from Utah was incredibly messy, and if Favors hadn't turned out to look legit the people in utah would probably be a lot less forgiving about it. If you think Jerry Sloan, who had been at the Jazz for 20 odd years, left because of one bad night, then you're simply living in some alternate reality.

Deron has handled the Nets thing a lot better than his Jazz time. But i think a lot of that is that people don't really have any expectations of him now, since his Jazz exit and how bad the Nets roster is.

Melo didn't play hard to start that year, and it wasn't the best handled exit ever, but at least it was only extended by his franchise and them trying to get the most for his trade value. The nuggets drew that saga out, and continually leaked the stuff to the press, not Melo. Melo him self was relatively professional in handling it giving the club definitive answers they could work with/around.

The win-now trades weren't all Lebrons fault. Whoever the dumbass GM was that made those decisions thinking they would please Lebron is at fault. LBJ had some input sure, but he was always saying that he planned on exploring free agency. IDK why you think he would wait on that summer when it was unclear what the hell the other free agents would do.

Your bias against lebron is obvious by now but its hilarious you think the stars that acted like babies screaming trade me or else, somehow handled FA better. For whatever reasons you can make up in your head, he still played out his contract.

Serious question: Do you believe LeBron when he says he didn't make the final selection to go to Miami until the morning of 'The Decision'?

giri

uh.. I do know better. I know that a star stating they won't re-sign with a team almost guarantees a trade every time.. saying it in the media is a savvy way of asking for a trade.

If it's not there in plain black and white, it didn't happen!

Thats essentially the way these things go with Vag.

giri

LoL, are you sure you know who you're talking about? I've actually complimented LBJ several times this year, more than I've criticised him. But go and take another irrelevant pot shot you poor martyr!

Yes, the GM also handled it badly, but most of that was based around no answer from LBJ, and him basically having a "chip or i leave" attitude over the last few years.

Dan Gilbert openly admits, he was part of the problem.

LBJ's relatively lower media profile this year doesn't erase how much of a media whore he was in his cavs years, and how badly that exit was handled for years.

LoL, are you sure you know who you're talking about? I've actually complimented LBJ several times this year, more than I've criticised him. But go and take another irrelevant pot shot you poor martyr!

Yes, the GM also handled it badly, but most of that was based around no answer from LBJ, and him basically having a "chip or i leave" attitude over the last few years.

Dan Gilbert openly admits, he was part of the problem.

LBJ's relatively lower media profile this year doesn't erase how much of a media whore he was in his cavs years, and how badly that exit was handled for years.

Still doesn't make it worse than the shit these other stars have pulled.

Hell no. As soon as Riles made him look at his rings that day he was like a ho who found a new pimp.

Excellent. So then you admit that LeBron making the free agency into a 3 week circus (that btw, took the focus off off a 7 game NBA Finals) was a self-serving, petty, childish move?

He made all these trips to Cleveland, Chicago, New York and New Jersey to look at presentations from teams he had zero intention of signing with and then caps it off by "dumping" the Cavs on national TV on a Thursday and then re-emerging on the following Friday to talk about how many chips he would win with Miami.

Vahagn

You referenced Deron saying he's handled his career better. No, his exit from Utah was incredibly messy, and if Favors hadn't turned out to look legit the people in utah would probably be a lot less forgiving about it. If you think Jerry Sloan, who had been at the Jazz for 20 odd years, left because of one bad night, then you're simply living in some alternate reality.

Deron has handled the Nets thing a lot better than his Jazz time. But i think a lot of that is that people don't really have any expectations of him now, since his Jazz exit and how bad the Nets roster is.

Melo didn't play hard to start that year, and it wasn't the best handled exit ever, but at least it was only extended by his franchise and them trying to get the most for his trade value. The nuggets drew that saga out, and continually leaked the stuff to the press, not Melo. Melo him self was relatively professional in handling it giving the club definitive answers they could work with/around.

See this is something I can work with

A) I never said career, I said CP3 and Deron handled their situation better, and by talking about the team sucking and not building anything near a contender and Dwight and Deron being in the same situation - I was clearly talking about NJ. But that's fine.

B) Sloan resigned, whether it was because Deron asked management to cut a practice or whether it was because of a growing number of conflicts - its clear that Sloan lost Deron...but Deron never asked the coach to be fired, and never asked to be traded. I'm pretty damn sure, that had Sloan knew deron was gonna be traded in a week like Karl knew Melo was...Sloan would have stayed. But plenty of coaches leave after they lose their locker room or star player - its just really sad it was Sloan.

C) Melo didn't give the nuggets options - he gave them one/b] option. Trade me to the knicks or I go somewhere else this summer. Even the NJ flirting wasn't anything serious as Reports kept coming out that Melo kept nixing the deals by refusing to sign an extension. Melo handled his saga worse than anyone I believe. Especially in light of how bad he was for the nuggets and for the Knicks for a year.

Deron has only done one thing, lost confidence in his coach. But he never made a fuss about it and in any public interview it seems to me he backed Sloan - they just stopped seeing eye to eye

Vahagn

If you think Deron wanted to be traded to the worst team in the league, ok. I disagree. He got traded to that team because he didn't want to sign a long term contract - I don't see his fault in that. All superstars should explore free agency unless their team is contending. Just because they take the risk of their team deciding to trade them for assets isn't the same as making it public and attempting to wrestle control from management by making it public that you'll only sign an extension with one or two teams, and sitting back waiting for it to happen.

I guess Garnett handlEd his situation as badly as Dwight because he didn't want to sign a long term extension either, so did Ray Allen in your world.

Excellent. So then you admit that LeBron making the free agency into a 3 week circus (that btw, took the focus off off a 7 game NBA Finals) was a self-serving, petty, childish move?

He made all these trips to Cleveland, Chicago, New York and New Jersey to look at presentations from teams he had zero intention of signing with and then caps it off by "dumping" the Cavs on national TV on a Thursday and then re-emerging on the following Friday to talk about how many chips he would win with Miami.

ESPN made the FA trip into a circus. Its not his fault nobody gave a shit about your precious lakers. I also would love to know how you knew he had no intentions of signing with those other teams. How does he like his coffee?

giri

See this is something I can work with

A) I never said career, I said CP3 and Deron handled their situation better, and by talking about the team sucking and not building anything near a contender and Dwight and Deron being in the same situation - I was clearly talking about NJ. But that's fine.

B) Sloan resigned, whether it was because Deron asked management to cut a practice or whether it was because of a growing number of conflicts - its clear that Sloan lost Deron...but Deron never asked the coach to be fired, and never asked to be traded. I'm pretty damn sure, that had Sloan knew deron was gonna be traded in a week like Karl knew Melo was...Sloan would have stayed. But plenty of coaches leave after they lose their locker room or star player - its just really sad it was Sloan.

C) Melo didn't give the nuggets options - he gave them one/b] option. Trade me to the knicks or I go somewhere else this summer. Even the NJ flirting wasn't anything serious as Reports kept coming out that Melo kept nixing the deals by refusing to sign an extension. Melo handled his saga worse than anyone I believe. Especially in light of how bad he was for the nuggets and for the Knicks for a year.

Deron has only done one thing, lost confidence in his coach. But he never made a fuss about it and in any public interview it seems to me he backed Sloan - they just stopped seeing eye to eye

Deron was inciting other players on the team to complain to management about sloans coaching, training and practice schedule, and openly turning the team against it's head coach. That IS all openly reported. If you don't think thats all leading somewhere then....

Melo gave the nuggets several teams they could send him too. Knicks were just one of the teams. I think he gave them 3 or 4 teams? Several of them were not great trade partners for Denver.

ESPN made the FA trip into a circus.

And LeBron was all too happy to oblige them.

Its not his fault nobody gave a shit about your precious lakers.

Yes, because the Lakers were the only team playing in that 7 game series. I mean, yes, ESPN should be reporting on LeBron's potential destination, versus the a series between age old rivals. Besides, who knows if they cared or not (actually we do, the Finals that year was the highest rated in years). ESPN was more than happy to stop covering it as soon as it was over. And it's not just about the Lakers. Last year, when the Heat got handled in 6, the story on ESPN wasn't about the Mavs winning--it was about what was wrong with Heat.

Nice try on attempting to spin it about the Lakers, solely though.

I also would love to know how you knew he had no intentions of signing with those other teams. How does he like his coffee?

Because, after the dust settled, Bosh let it slip that the 3 of them had made plans for this back during the Beijing Olympics.

That's why.

Vahagn

Deron was inciting other players on the team to complain to management about sloans coaching, training and practice schedule, and openly turning the team against it's head coach. That IS all openly reported. If you don't think thats all leading somewhere then....

Melo gave the nuggets several teams they could send him too. Knicks were just one of the teams. I think he gave them 3 or 4 teams? Several of them were not great trade partners for Denver.

Also known as "Sloan lost his locker room"

If other players are joining in the complaints, they're doing so because they want to, and backed by their superstar - aren't scared to do so. The situation was handled poorly, but it was handled internally because the team lost confidence in their coach. Maybe not everyone, but more than just Deron.

Because, after the dust settled, Bosh let it slip that the 3 of them had made plans for this back during the Beijing Olympics.

That's why.

Bosh made a comment about how they thought about playing together since it was so great in the Olympics. You and probably most around here probably took it as "OMG conspiracy they had this shit planned blah blah".

giri

Also known as "Sloan lost his locker room"

If other players are joining in the complaints, they're doing so because they want to, and backed by their superstar - aren't scared to do so. The situation was handled poorly, but it was handled internally because the team lost confidence in their coach. Maybe not everyone, but more than just Deron.

Then, SVG Lost his Locker Room. Mike Brown lost his Locker Room.

But that would be unbelievably stupid to believe about SVG.

Just like it would about Sloan.

Deron, incited a players revolt. And Sloan bailed on it, rather playing it out to the inevitable firing.

How do we know it was inevitable, Lets ask Stan?

Bosh made a comment about how they thought about playing together since it was so great in the Olympics. You and probably most around here probably took it as "OMG conspiracy they had this shit planned blah blah".

Dude, you aren't this dumb.

I mean, you're a fly boy and not Army, right?

You think LeBron just figured out where he was going in the 2 weeks that followed the Czzz smashing him in the playoffs?

This guy knew what he was doing.

Sanjuro

Then, SVG Lost his Locker Room. Mike Brown lost his Locker Room.

But that would be unbelievably stupid to believe about SVG.

Just like it would about Sloan.

Deron, incited a players revolt. And Sloan bailed on it, rather playing it out to the inevitable firing.

How do we know it was inevitable, Lets ask Stan?

Diehard would tell you Deron was a saint and Sloan was just some no-name coach.

LeBron knew what he was doing. Dude got off on the attention and LeBronstakes. He k ew that game 6 vs Boston was his last in a Cavs jersey and he didnt even show up that night.

Dude, you aren't this dumb.

I mean, you're a fly boy and not Army, right?

You think LeBron just figured out where he was going in the 2 weeks that followed the Czzz smashing him in the playoffs?

This guy knew what he was doing.

He probably knew he was gonna leave Cleveland. But there were a few teams that fitted his other needs. Imagine how big the knicks would have been, with him there.

And alot of our team insiders say Wade was extremely fucking close to going to Chicago. The Miami Big 3 really didn't come out of thin air but it was far from a done deal till it was a done deal.

Actually LeBron out and out admitted it last year.
And alot of our team insiders say Wade was extremely fucking close to going to Chicago. The Miami Big 3 really didn't come out of thin air but it was far from a done deal till it was a done deal.
That was if AND ONLY IF they couldn't fit Wade/LeBron/Bosh under the cap. Remember, they didn't take max deals so they could make it work, plus Wade was Miami's own FA so they could go over the cap for him.

The Frankman said:
Actually LeBron out and out admitted it last year.

Link?
The Frankman said:
That was if AND ONLY IF they couldn't fit Wade/LeBron/Bosh under the cap. Remember, they didn't take max deals so they could make it work, plus Wade was Miami's own FA so they could go over the cap for him.

No it wasn't. Chicago has always been a place that Wade wanted to play(its his hometown) but I think it was pippen(or somebody) who advised him against them. Something about how they treat players.

giri

He probably knew he was gonna leave Cleveland. But there were a few teams that fitted his other needs. Imagine how big the knicks would have been, with him there.

If LBJ didn't go to Miami, i really wouldn't have been surprised if he wound up in NY, playing next to STAT, and building his brand.

At which point, Wade and Bosh would have gone to Chicago, possibly.

Rose, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Noah is a really fucking insane team. They could have used some more spacing... but would have lived with it i think.

But i think the only reason Wade even contemplated Chicago incase LBJ deviated from the plan and went to NY. I think they knew long before hand that they were teaming up together. Wade just had a backup plan.

Who do you think was leaking this info? Wade's camp!

Trust me bro, a deal that big, no way it came together in the few days that led up to the deadline.

These cats knew but they tried running this "we have interest with all the prospective teams" nonsense so as to not run the risk of the Heat being accused of tampering.

Sanjuro

If LBJ didn't go to Miami, i really wouldn't have been surprised if he wound up in NY, playing next to STAT, and building his brand.

fJZZ5.jpg

i might be a little late on that on but i just checked wikipedia and saw that chandler got DPOY but didn't make the All Defense First Team, how is this possible?

giri

i might be a little late on that on but i just checked wikipedia and saw that chandler got DPOY but didn't make the All Defense First Team, how is this possible?

Defensive awards in the NBA are largely fucked up and stupid.

Ibaka also made first team. He's a good shot blocker, but the best defensive PF in the league?

I seriously question that.

Sanjuro

Ibaka also made first team. He's a good shot blocker, but the best defensive PF in the league?

Defensive awards are always fucked up because nobody pays attention to defense, in any sport.

Gold Gloves are a similar example.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Tim Duncan has never won a DPOTY award and Kobe has more All-Defensive selections than Scottie Pippen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom