• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LBJ didn't go to Miami, i really wouldn't have been surprised if he wound up in NY, playing next to STAT, and building his brand.
He would've gone somewhere he was comfortable and had an excellent chance to win. If Miami didn't work, he was going to Cleveland (which I had said weeks before "The Decision").

Cle - Most comfort, however had kinda taken that team almost as far as it was going to go + bad contracts.
NY - Very little comfort, decent chance to win.
Chi - More comfort than NY, great chance to win
Miami - Very comfortable (playing with Wade/Bosh), great chance to win.

giri

He would've gone somewhere he was comfortable and had an excellent chance to win. If Miami didn't work, he was going to Cleveland (which I had said weeks before "The Decision").

Cle - Most comfort, however had kinda taken that team almost as far as it was going to go + bad contracts.
NY - Very little comfort, decent chance to win.
Chi - More comfort than NY, great chance to win
Miami - Very comfortable (playing with Wade/Bosh), great chance to win.

Well, i remember saying he wouldn't go to NY cause they had nobody. And they didn't. Then they got STAT, and i could sort have seen that.

Not sure it would have worked all that well, but it was something.

Its amazing how much the nba has changed since then.

For the worse I'd argue. The clip of Barkley dunking on Mahorn (I think), towering over and taunting him would have earned him a technical today, which is embarrassing. Barkley at 6'4 did things that were absolutely amazing. We really don't have another guy like him today, IMO.

Edit: Also, during that MJ/Barkley/Oprah interview, MJ calls Barkley a loser for not winning a ring. Barkley responds with 'You were lucky to play with Pippen your entire career'. MJ responds with 'Are you saying you didn't like your teammates?' to which Barkley respond with 'I liked my teammates but they weren't as good as yours'. Love Charles.

For the worse I'd argue. The clip of Barley dunking on Mahorn (I think), towering over and taunting him would have earned him a technical today, which is embarrassing. Barkley at 6'4 did things that were absolutely amazing. We really don't have another guy like him today, IMO.
So true. They're not letting them play. I'm glad I was able to watch real good basketball during the 80's, 90's

I love how someone spent some time creating that 'Turning Point' graphic only to have the panel talk all over it and not address a single thing about it.

giri

I don't get all the outrage about Parker not getting first-team all-NBA.

He didn't really play that much compared to other stars this year.

Best player on the best team in the NBA.

Lots of factors go into the second part of that statement, but they do for all winning teams. Fact was, he was amazing this year, and went largely under the radar. He's also probably the best dressed NBA Player.

KingGondo

Banned
OK, prediction time.

No way OKC wins a game 7 in SA, so if they win it'll have to be in 6.

To me, the big advantage we can leverage is the inexperience of Leonard and Green. If we can rattle them and play great inside-out defense, we have a chance.

Needless to say, it'll take the best basketball the Thunder have played all year on both ends to get it done.

Heart says Thunder in 6, brain says Spurs in 7.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Spurs by more than 10

Westbrook is gonna get left looking like a fool and OKC will be slow to adapt to a playoff game where Westbrook isn't being guarded by crappy point guards with lazy bigs covering.

As a bitter Lakers fan, I hope Parker makes Westbrook his bitch tonight and the Spurs cruise to a 4-0 sweep. I'm praying for a Boston-San Antonio final

doit_medium.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom