• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If you think Deron wanted to be traded to the worst team in the league, ok. I disagree. He got traded to that team because he didn't want to sign a long term contract - I don't see his fault in that. All superstars should explore free agency unless their team is contending. Just because they take the risk of their team deciding to trade them for assets isn't the same as making it public and attempting to wrestle control from management by making it public that you'll only sign an extension with one or two teams, and sitting back waiting for it to happen.

I guess Garnett handlEd his situation as badly as Dwight because he didn't want to sign a long term extension either, so did Ray Allen in your world.
Ok first of all, I said he wanted to be traded I never said he wanted to go to the Nets. So let's understand what I said before you misquote me and make up stuff that makes no sense. It wasn't the long term, it was not wanting to sign AT ALL.. This happened before the lockout and it was the last chance to make that big money. Him not wanting to sign at all was writing on the wall to Utah... trade me or get nothing.. KG, off the court with the T-Wolves was a class act.. and your point about Ray-ray is unrelated to how Deron handled the situation.. Was it bad to want a trade and use his expiring contract to get it? I don't think so.. but that was what he wanted.. In my world aka to real world.. come back to it one day..
There was no Garnett "situation."
pretty much
Everyone just called him stupidly loyal for not demanding a trade.

Cloudy

Banned
So who gets exposed tonight? Spurs for playing cupcakes till now? OKC for finally matching up with a team that has comparable talent?

Blackace

I just hope one game becomes a flop off between Manu and KD

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So many old ppl in SA

Its like a shitty combination of everything lame in Charlotte, Orlando, and Phoenix

you might think im an idiot but i wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs swept.

Dallas almost won both games 1 and 2 and the Lakers were pretty close to being up in the series, a missed blake shot and imploding in the final minutes stopped them.

so it wouldnt surprise me.

this is the NBA finals though, next round would be a cake walk for both teams against the east :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Dallas almost won both games 1 and 2 and the Lakers were pretty close to being up in the series, a missed blake shot and imploding in the final minutes stopped them.

this is the NBA finals though, next round would be a cake walk for both teams against the east :p
Sooooo you didn't watch the Spurs play at all? Or are you just in the belief that the Spurs will be guarding Westbrook with old ass Kidd, Blake, and Shit Sessions?

You're arguing that because the Thunder needed huge comebacks against teams shows the Spurs will get swept?

It's weird...

I hear Russell Westbrook talking to Sager about how he feels about the Spurs targeting him, and all my mind hears is, "YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP"

Goddammit, NBA-GAF.

The youtube mix of Barkley reminded me that 80s/90s basketball was the best basketball. That era had the best combination of skill, athleticism, and toughness.

Spurs in 6.

But I don't mind if either team wins. Both teams will have home court going into the Finals and will push the shit in of whoever comes out of the East.

Blackace

Blackace, Deron never said he wouldn't re-sign so the basis of your whole argument is off.

He hinted at it many times.. started when they traded his version of Mobley.. Brewer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom