• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck76

Banned
Hahahahahhaahhahahahahhahah

The Eastern Conference is shithouse except for the CzzZz. I'm pretty sure the Heat are gonna be alright.

They'll lose to either the Nets or the Celtics.

Hell, if Bynum can get healthy who on the heat can stop him?

And Lebron's been playing straight since the start of last season. He's been indestructible but now every other team wants a shot at these guys, might he have an injury? Already they relied on him too much in the finals.

D-wade? How is he going to be?

I don't see it happening

And Lebron's been playing straight since the start of last season. He's been indestructible but now every other team wants a shot at these guys, might he have an injury? Already they relied on him too much in the finals.

I don't see it happening

BAHWAHAHWAHA oh you

NBA heads overrate Gallo. I like his game and he has the balls to put up tough shots in the fourth quarter, but whats this nonsense about him being a go to guy at the end of games? I mean, yeah, he has the balls to put up a shot.. but so does Brandon Jennings, and they both shoot under 26% in the last 5 minutes of close games.
and Steve Kerr is out his mind saying Gallo is the second best 3 in the west.

Cloudy

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Along with All-Star guard James Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazr Hayward and Daquan Cook to the Rockets, source tells Y!

I guess they couldn't make a deal

Nuklear

Banned
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.

Along with All-Star guard James Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazr Hayward and Daquan Cook to the Rockets, source tells Y!

As part of deal, Thunder will receive "significant" future draft picks from Houston, source tells Y! Sports.

LOL @ the Rockets trading away Lamb for the right to pay Harden an undeserved max deal

Thunder still shouldn't have overpaid Ibaka, but they might be better in the long term if Lamb pans out.

I don't see it happening

LOL. The Heat will run over the Nets. they dont have the defenders to contain the Heat and they dont have the scorers to keep up with them.

LOL @ the Rockets trading away Lamb for the right to pay Harden an undeserved max deal

Thunder still shouldn't have overpaid Ibaka, but they might be better in the long term if Lamb pans out.

Harden was one of the most efficient shot creators in NBA history last year. The Thunder were terrible on offense with him on the bench and were unstoppable on offense with him in the game.

Lamb is a really good prospect, but I doubt he'll ever reach Harden's level.

SamuraiX-

I think Martin is the better player. Harden will become irrelevant w/o Durant and Westbrook

smfh

I bag on Frauden more than anyone but not even Kevin Martin thinks Kevin Martin is a better basketball player than Harden.

Harden was one of the most efficient shot creators in NBA history last year. The Thunder were terrible on offense with him on the bench and were unstoppable on offense with him in the game.

Lamb is a really good prospect, but I doubt he'll ever reach Harden's level.

MOREY WITH DEM MONEYBALL LOGISTICS

KingGondo

Banned
Oh damn Gondo, how you feeling about this?
Pretty much in shock.

Really thought they'd at least play the season out with him.

Lamb is promising, and Kevin Martin will provide punch... But Harden will be missed.

He was perfect as the 6th man, I honestly don't think he'll do as we'll as the featured starter.

I'm surprised at how fast Presti decided to trade Harden though. I thought they might keep at it, but it seems Harden was pretty adamant about getting the max.

Cloudy

Banned
Harden was one of the most efficient shot creators in NBA history last year

This is a ridiculous statement. Put him with a bunch of scrubs and his efficiency tanks. He is now "the man" and he'll be exposed

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Undeserved? Honestly have no idea how you'd come to that conclusion, I really don't.

I honestly don't know what the Thunder are doing here. The Rockets are going to be fun to watch. Morey finally got his star.

Pimpwerx

WTF? This is unexpected. I thought they'd try the Big3 one more season. What the hell does this mean for the power rankings? PEACE.

spot up shooters can only do so much without a PG to actually feed them the ball. I wonder if Presti tried to get Lin and someone else for Harden.

Undeserved? Honestly have no idea how you'd come to that conclusion, I really don't.

I honestly don't know what the Thunder are doing here. The Rockets are going to be fun to watch. Morey finally got his star.

Undeserved is probably the wrong word. I don't think he's a max player in that I don't think he's a top 1 or 2 guy on a title team. He certainly deserves the money if there are multiple teams out there willing to give it to him, but on a marginal team like Houston I'm not so sure he will be worth it.

Lkr

so does it seem that money is all that Harden really cares about? from what i understood, he was only being offered $8 mil shy of the max extension from OKC. is $8 mil over a few years really worth being on a team that isn't contending for a title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom