• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Well, Martin doesn't wait till the Finals to become useless. He starts in the regular season, so nobody is caught by surprise.

And fuck, watch Lamb blow up now.....

Zep

Banned
OKC does save face for the fact that Martin can create as many fouls as Harden. Their overall play making ability has taken a HUGE hit though.

so does it seem that money is all that Harden really cares about? from what i understood, he was only being offered $8 mil shy of the max extension from OKC. is $8 mil over a few years really worth being on a team that isn't contending for a title?

the Beard and Linsanity sharing a backcourt..fuck me, the Rockets are gunna be fun to watch.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Why? By trading Harden they already signaled that they are content not trying to actually win it all this year. Just keep the expiring deal.

They're going to be over the cap, so an expiring doesn't do anything for them. Better to deal him and get back something more long term, I'd think.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
so does it seem that money is all that Harden really cares about? from what i understood, he was only being offered $8 mil shy of the max extension from OKC. is $8 mil over a few years really worth being on a team that isn't contending for a title?

Why the hell should he take less money? It's his first big contract and the notion that he should be taking the same kind of money or even less money than Ibaka was probably something he found offensive and really should have too.

I have to laugh at that.

Moris, you asshole...

... well, I told you months ago that the Blunder weren't gonna keep Larden, but you were so preciously optimistic.

K-Mart sucks.

At least Morey has guaranteed that the upcoming Sloan Sports Conference will be entirely about his team. Whether Harden and Asik can keep up the absurd per minute production they had last year as the #1 and #2 guys on a team is going to be fascinating to watch.

They're not.

At least Morey has guaranteed that the upcoming Sloan Sports Conference will be entirely about his team. Whether Harden and Asik can keep up the absurd per minute production they had last year as the #1 and #2 guys on a team is going to be fascinating to watch.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston sends two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma CIty, source tells Y!
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston also sends a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte) to Thunder.

ALL OF THE PICKS

HOLY FUCK

I JUST WENT ON CLUTCFANS

WE HAVE HARDEN

WTHA HDJKSAKGKJL

How could any Rockets fan be excited about years to come of Max-deal Harden being your franchise player?

Damn, what a shocking deal for the thunder.

Didn't think they'd let Harden go. He was a really good player for them, especially off the bench. Now, he sucked in the finals so I guess that's why OKC didn't want to give him the max. If they managed to win the championship, no way Harden gets traded.

Why isn't he allowed to be all about the money? Why does he have to be the only player on that team to take a pay cut? Did Durant leave money on the table? Did Ibaka? Did Perkins? Did Westbrook? This is on OKC's front office they should have seen this coming and taken care of their 2/3 best player before worrying about their overrated shot blocker.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Neither of those picks will be top 10 picks. I am honestly just befuddled by this deal. But am willing to give Presti the benefit of the doubt.

fertygo

I wonder if Thunders try to get Terrence Jones too, not gonna hurt to have him for small ball line-up. Also just in-case PJIII still pussied up in most game like at college.

Jeremy Lamb can shoot doe.. got a 7 foot wingspan and a vertical jump damn near 40 inches... he could develop into something good if he had proper guidance.

Lkr

Why isn't he allowed to be all about the money? Why does he have to be the only player on that team to take a pay cut? Did Durant leave money on the table? Did Ibaka? Did Perkins? Did Westbrook? This is on OKC's front office they should have seen this coming and taken care of their 2/3 best player before worrying about their overrated shot blocker.

has Ibaka resigned yet? Durant is a franchise player, Harden has not proven to be such. I'm not saying I blame him, I'm just wondering if it is worth it to leave a title contender for years to come over 8 mil

Cloudy

Banned
Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow

OKC trades Harden to Houston, and sign-and-trades the Western Conference Championship to the Lakers.

OKC's overall dribble-penetration and athleticism was out biggest issue so he has a point

My mind is full of fuck.

Thabeet is now our backup center.

You should realize by now that all players are mercs, regardless of their public statements. Loyalty to team aside, no one really wants to live in Oklahoma. :p

Btw, I completely agree with Roto-rooter's post below me.

has Ibaka resigned yet? Durant is a franchise player, Harden has not proven to be such.

yeah Ibaka resigned. Harden might not be Durant, but there are teams out there that would give him a max deal. Why are athletes the only profession where they are criticized for not taking their market value. If some other company offered you more money would you stay and make less than your co-workers just because of the "family atmosphere"?

And the Thunder have the money to pay him too. They were just pinching pennies. Like the lockout, this is a case of owners pretending to play the poor card when it suits them.

Zep

Banned
has Ibaka resigned yet? Durant is a franchise player, Harden has not proven to be such. I'm not saying I blame him, I'm just wondering if it is worth it to leave a title contender for years to come over 8 mil

He'll have a chance to make his decision again @ 27-28yrs old.

KingJ2002

Wow... ummm...

wtf houston.

you have like a billion players now led by the most overhyped backcourt in the NBA.

and OKC...

you got rid of some dead weight but expect a second round exit now.

Wizman23

Banned
James Harden is overrated and never deserved a max contract. Good on OKC for shipping him out and avoiding a year of pointless drama and distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom