• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granger: "They’re telling me pain can’t do anything else to my knee. I’m going to have to play through ... but it hurts”

While it's been easy to make fun of Granger, he was probably the best player on the Pacers last year so this is pretty important for the East's standings.

Q-Rich, Harper and Chris Johnson got waived by the Magic.

Glad to see DeQuan Jones make the team. He earned it.

Q-and-Duhon-Celebration.gif

linsivvi

I remember before last season LOLinger predicted and some members here supported that the Nuggets would be the #2 seed.

They should be better than last season but people are still overrating them.

The Clippers will be better, as long as CP3 and Griffin don't get suspended for excessive flopping.

Mothman91

Looks like most of Eastcoast-GAF will probably won't be able to watch the games on Tuesday night due to this shirt storm coming our way. Not looking forward to this.

Im gunna revise my Hawks prediction. I dunno why I picked them to seed last, that team has a little of everything, looking at their roster. great athletes and finishers, pure shooters, dudes with post game, defenders. This team will seed no lower than fourth.

I remember before last season LOLinger predicted and some members here supported that the Nuggets would be the #2 seed.

They should be better than last season but people are still overrating them.

The Clippers will be better, as long as CP3 and Griffin don't get suspended for excessive flopping.

Gallinari was injured a lot last year and Nene suffered severely from got paid until the Nuggets traded him which wasn't predicted by many.

80 year old woman who was easily the loudest, most-passionate person in the AAA tonight.

Sounds right.

The Thunder, Spurs, Lakers, Nuggets and Grizz all could end up higher seeds than The Clips. I could also see The Clips as high as 3 if they avoid injury and laziness but when you have Billups, Butler, Odom, Barnes, Hill, Blake and Paul, someone is bound to get hurt and Odom/Barnes are ready to have nights where they do nothing.

Sounds right.

The Thunder, Spurs, Lakers, Nuggets and Grizz all could end up higher seeds than The Clips. I could also see The Clips as high as 3 if they avoid injury and laziness but when you have Billups, Butler, Odom, Barnes, Hill, Blake and Paul, someone is bound to get hurt and Odom/Barnes are ready to have nights where they do nothing.

I forgot Billups was in the clips. Is he ready to go for the season debut?

Sounds right.

Don't really see The Clips making a lot of noise this season. 4 Seed is their ceiling, but they could easily fall to 6. I think them and the Nugs are about the same.

SamuraiX-

I'm probably late as hell on this but...

Harden, 23, recently turned down a four-year offer worth about $52 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Harden, last season's Sixth Man of the Year, has been pushing for a maximum contract extension of four years, $60 million.

L
M
F
A
O

Please let some team pay Frauden $15M/yr.

Please let it happen.

Don't really see The Clips making a lot of noise this season. 4 Seed is their ceiling, but they could easily fall to 6. I think them and the Nugs are about the same.

I'd feel safer as a Nuggets fan. Denver's big rotation is mediocre but LAC's best two players are their biggest injury risks, and thats saying something when you have Butler, and the old as dirt Billups and Grant Hill on your roster.

I doubt both CP and Blake play 75+ games this year and then there's the playoffs. They'll blame their playoff exit on being thinned by injury.

When Billups comes back I wonder if he'll be ok with be the 3rd string pg or back up 2 guard.

DCX

DCX
Harden getting Brook Lopez money is nothing. Harden's pretty awesome and any young player who shows any talent usually gets a max in their first free agency.

Right. The fact that certain MAX players now are getting it ( JaVale ) that don't deserve it, doesn't mean a player that may not deserve it but is close won't get it.

Someone will give him that money.

DCX

giri

I'd feel safer as a Nuggets fan. Denver's big rotation is mediocre but LAC's best two players are their biggest injury risks, and thats saying something when you have Butler, and the old as dirt Billups and Grant Hill on your roster.

I doubt both CP and Blake play 75+ games this year and then there's the playoffs. They'll blame their playoff exit on being thinned by injury.

When Billups comes back I wonder if he'll be ok with be the 3rd string pg or back up 2 guard.

Denver will throw a lot of different people at them. And they have a lot of depth there. Guys they can throw at the clippers and foul them. Considering they're horrible FT shooters, and they get frustrated and let it affect them when they do constantly get fouled, the clippers front court could be ... negated, a lot.

Anything less than the max is unacceptable for Harden if I was his agent. Max or shut the fuck up.

Ibaka on the other hand...

Yup, that Ibaka contract was dumb. One of the two is probably going to get traded with in a year. I get it that other team were offering ibaka that kind of money, but i would have let them make that mistake.

Tina Cervasio ‏@TinaCervasio

In other news, #Knicks announce roster cuts. Chris Copeland MAKES 15-man roster. They call him "Cope". #NYK
Expand

masud your boy cope made it.

Truphenom

Tina Cervasio ‏@TinaCervasio

In other news, #Knicks announce roster cuts. Chris Copeland MAKES 15-man roster. They call him "Cope". #NYK
Expand

masud your boy cope made it.

I've watched maybe 4 minutes of pre season total but people seem to like Copeland. Is he at least fun to watch?

been watching the magic and bird doc and damn their rivalry was intense as fuck. There aren't any rivalries like that in the league today are there?

Player rivalries? not really anything on that level. But Boston hates Miami and the Bulls hate Boston and Miami.
and other than the Clippers trying to manufacture some kind of rivalry with the Lakers, there aint much drama out west. the NBA's been pacified by Stern and his PR cronies.

I don't get it. Harden will absolutely get a max.

Westbrook got the Max. Durant got the Max. But Harden is supposed to settle for a hometown discount? Especially after Perk and Ibaka got grossly overpaid? On what planet would his agent (if he is competent) advise his player to do that?

Lakers cut Goudelock. Not surprising. Figured he'd the the one to go.

Sacre all but certain to be on the team. 15 guys on the roster right now. Only question left is if DJO gets cut.

Lakers cut Goudelock. Not surprising. Figured he'd the the one to go.

Sacre all but certain to be on the team. 15 guys on the roster right now. Only question left is if DJO gets cut.

I would have rather had G-lock over Morris. Not impressed at all with Morris. I don't think he will ultimately amount to much. Still think Mitch shoulda taken Malcolm Lee.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I would have rather had G-lock over Morris. Not impressed at all with Morris. I don't think he will ultimately amount to much. Still think Mitch shoulda taken Malcolm Lee.
Only reason Morris is survived is due to his garunteed contract. Otherwise I wish CDR would take his spot.

Morris has a guaranteed contract so he was never gonna be cut.

Glock has one skill. Shooting. And he's undersized. Lakers want to get more athletic. Morris has higher potential even though I agree that I've yet to see much out of him.

Morris has a guaranteed contract so he was never gonna be cut.

Glock has one skill. Shooting. And he's undersized. Lakers want to get more athletic. Morris has higher potential even though I agree that I've yet to see much out of him.

yeah I guess Glock is basically a less experienced version of Meeks at this point. Still dont' like Morris staying and CDR getting cut. We need athleticism, true, but we also need SIZE at the guard spot. This is why I liked Lee so much coming out. He hasn't played much in Minny but he would have been a great combo 1/2 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom