• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tim Leiweke and Masai Ujiri are solid speakers. A lot of people left the season seat holder event very happy.

Including me.

Announcer referring to DeAndre Jordan:
"I think he's the best running big man the game has ever seen"

His partner:
"Settle down."

LOL!

I hit happy hour with my homegirl tonight, and wanted them to put the Bulls-Pacers game on the tv in front of me. Our waiter goes, "Sorry, unfortunately this gentleman here wants to watch the baseball game, which comes on in about 10 minutes."

To which I let out a loud, "Who the fuck watches baseball?" Yeah...I keeps it real. PEACE.
Why would anyone care about baseball right now in South Florida???

thekad

Banned
Hey Cherry I sent you a trade in fantasy check it out.

Didn't Sanders get the same deal as Favors? Who would you rather have IWMTB?

Hey Cherry I sent you a trade in fantasy check it out.

Didn't Sanders get the same deal as Favors? Who would you rather have IWMTB?

Ehh, I like Favors more because he's a better defensive rebounder and I think he has more offensive potential (because he finishes at the rim better due to his size advantage). Favors needs to learn how to play big minutes without fouling and how to be effective in scoring off the pick-and-roll, but he's only 22 and his BBIQ is pretty great for his age so I think he will. Sanders got less money while being more consistent on defense and while throwing away fewer possessions on offense, but Favors' three year age advantage makes him worth the difference (and I would have fine with higher contracts for both guys as well).

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Checking into CavsGaf. I've got visa applications ready for JazzGAF if they draft Jabari and am already a member of Kobe/MambaGAF.

I need a western conference team so I can get on my Ray J shit. The team has to be in rebuilding mode or the Rockets. As a Jeremy Lin I fully support the movement but cannot stand DHO.

no.gif~original

Application denied.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This new rule about not touching the ball after it goes in, is just a bit ridiculous.

Legendary NBA center Bill Russell was arrested Wednesday at the Seattle-Tacoma (Sea-Tac) Airport when a loaded handgun was allegedly found in his luggage, according to multiple reports.

KING-5 News and KIRO-TV in Seattle both report that Russell, 79, was arrested after a loaded .38-caliber handgun was found during a Transportation Security Administration screening of his carry-on bag.

Russell reportedly had a permit for the weapon, which was confiscated. KIRO-TV reported that Russell, who has since been released, was cited by the Port of Seattle for carrying a weapon in a prohibited area and that the TSA will assess a monetary penalty.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=271231

I think Clips will be top 3. Major upgrade at coach, better longball threat with redick, etc.
I think they're still a fraudulent team and to be frank, they will remain that way until they move Griffin for someone with a good offensive package.....or he fucking develops one. Guy is just a complete phony superstar. Melo is a weak defender but he's offensive beast. there's no doubt at all in my mind the Clippers wouldve got to the second round with Melo+Paul and NY wouldnt have made it past Boston with Blake+Felton/Smith

I think Griffin and Melo are on the same level. Both have been very effective offensive players and bad defensive players in the regular season who have played badly in the playoffs. Melo is a more effective regular season scorer per game because his skill level allows for a higher volume per game, but Griffin has missed almost no regular season games in the last three years whereas Melo misses a good bit (this regular season durability doesn't continue into the playoffs for Griffin, but neither guy is effective there at all).

In something like NBARank (which is predicting next year's performance), I would definitely put Griffin over Melo though because Griffin might learn to defend under Rivers whereas Melo is never going to give a shit on defense.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think Griffin and Melo are on the same level. Both have been very effective offensive players and bad defensive players in the regular season who have played badly in the playoffs. Melo is a more effective regular season scorer per game because his skill level allows for a higher volume per game, but Griffin has missed almost no regular season games in the last three years whereas Melo misses a good bit (this regular season durability doesn't continue into the playoffs for Griffin, but neither guy is effective there at all).

In something like NBARank (which is predicting next year's performance), I would definitely put Griffin over Melo though because Griffin might learn to defend under Rivers whereas Melo is never going to give a shit on defense.

Griffin's defense was much better last year too.

Also, you don't see Griffin so willing to shoot his team out of games either. Melo being as one-dimensional as he is these days isn't doing any favors for his team.

Griffin's offensive game isnt good. His post game is ugly cause has has bad footwork, so he puts up these wild, off balance layups from an off the dribble spin move..the dude scores by overwhelming defenders with his athletic ability. That works alot of the time, but with teams that play low post D, Griffin does nothing. Melo can and does light it up anywhere past half court.
You need double teams or DPOTY kind of player to stop him.
If you were the Clippers GM and you could swing Blake+ cheap contracts out for Melo, you wouldnt say to no to that and nobody else would either.

Griffin's offensive game isnt good. His post game is ugly cause has has bad footwork, so he puts up these wild, off balance layups from an off the dribble spin move..the dude scores by overwhelming defenders with his athletic ability. That works alot of the time, but with teams that play low post D, Griffin does nothing. Melo can and does light it up anywhere past half court.
If you were the Clippers GM and you could swing Blake+ cheap contracts out for Melo, you wouldnt say to no to that and nobody else would either.

Griffin's game is as ugly as sin sometimes, but it works about as well as Melo's game because Griffin can actually finish at the rim (unlike Melo) and passes (unlike Melo). It's really hard for me to buy into the idea that Melo's game translates better to high end competition when he's been so bad in the playoffs in his career.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

The fuck? Its not a double team when you do it to yourself.

Melo stops himself more times than not because every team in the league knows that the ball isn't leaving his hands once he gets it. When he's on fire, good for him, but when he's not? He does literally nothing else to help his team win. He can't facilitate, he can't rebound, he can't defend. Griffin at least brings some of that when he's not on his game.

Griffin's game is as ugly as sin sometimes, but it works about as well as Melo's game because Griffin can actually finish at the rim (unlike Melo) and passes (unlike Melo). It's really hard for me to buy into the idea that Melo's game translates better to high end competition when he's been so bad in the playoffs in his career.
Melo, Paul and the shooting core the Clippers have would be a major problem. Blake and Paul? Theyre not a threat.

Maybe Melo isn't that much better than Griffin but I'd still take melo over Blake.

I think.

Maybe Melo's scoring and shooting last season has me confused.

Last memory of both of them is them shitting it up in the playoffs.

Melo, Paul and the shooting core the Clippers have would be a major problem. Blake and Paul? Theyre not a threat.

The Clippers were awesome at scoring in the regular season and playoffs last year and are going to be the best offensive team in the NBA this year. They're not that much of a threat because they have no good centers (assuming that DeAndre Jordan isn't good again this year which may not be true), and no power forwards that can protect the paint so their interior defense is going to be destroyed. Trading Griffin for Asik or Sanders would make a lot more sense for them than trading Griffin for Melo if they could since they would have the exact same (huge) issues with Melo as they have now.

The Clippers were awesome at scoring in the regular season and playoffs last year and are going to be the best offensive team in the NBA this year. They're not that much of a threat because they have no good centers (assuming that DeAndre Jordan isn't good again this year which may not be true), and no power forwards that can protect the paint so their interior defense is going to be destroyed. Trading Griffin for Asik or Sanders would make a lot more sense for them than trading Griffin for Melo if they could since they would have the exact same (huge) issues with Melo as they have now.

really? . I watched Clipper games where the score late in the fourth was close, their half court offense was terrible. Paul didnt get help from anyone and he had generate every scoring opportunity they got. The games where they couldnt overwhelm their opponent totally exposed their offense.

really? . I watched Clipper games where the score late in the fourth was close, their half court offense was terrible. Paul didnt get help from anyone and he had generate every scoring opportunity they got. The games where they couldnt overwhelm their opponent totally exposed their offense.

They were a great half-court offense in the regular season despite having to start Eric Bledsoe at PG for 12 games, scored at a very good rate against the best defense in the NBA in the playoffs, and got scored on at will by a really average offensive team so I'm going with the defense as the issue.

I see that Rose had a great game.

32 points, 4 rebounds and 9 assists , 4-7 from 3. 10-13 FT, 9-15 FG in 31 minutes.

Last night's game had a regular season/playoff atmosphere with Indiana getting physical as usual. Rose looked real damn good. He's not afraid to be aggressive. I thought he'd be more apprehensive when he came back initially.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Last night's game had a regular season/playoff atmosphere with Indiana getting physical as usual. Rose looked real damn good. He's not afraid to be aggressive. I thought he'd be more apprehensive when he came back initially.

So rose feasted off of the pacer weak pg play then?

What in the mother fuck?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297#axzz2i93HgIaS

The Lakers display 12 championship banners (including one to recognize the team's five championships won in Minneapolis), 10 retired jerseys (including one to honor the late Chick Hearn) and one special banner to honor six from the Minneapolis era (including coach John Kundla) in the rafters at Staples Center.

None of that history will be visible when the Clippers play at the arena as the home team.

Making their exhibition debut for the 2013-14 season, seven oversized Clippers banners hide every bit of the Lakers' storied history.

Top Bottom