• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

I don't see the point. If they want their own flair, move into a new arena or win some championships.

Moving into a new arena is probably not an option in LA. They're a lot closer to winning a championship than the Lakers are.

Also, the company that owns the Staples Center doesn't own the Lakers outright, they just have a non-controlling interest in them. I'm sure the Clippers more than pay their share of the rent.

In conclusion: cover up those stupid Lakers banners when you're playing, Clips! It's crazy to think you haven't done that before this season.

Let's be real here, the only professional championships that matter in LA are from the Lakers. Rest are long forgotten by most.

I'll concede to that, especially because the Dodgers choked it last night (*cries because no one cares about the Kings).

It's just humorous to me. I wonder if Doc had anything to do with it.

Sanjuro

Moving into a new arena is probably not an option in LA. They're a lot closer to winning a championship than the Lakers are.

Also, the company that owns the Staples Center doesn't own the Lakers outright, they just have a non-controlling interest in them. I'm sure the Clippers more than pay their share of the rent.

In conclusion: cover up those stupid Lakers banners when you're playing, Clips! It's crazy to think you haven't done that before this season.

I didn't think moving into a new arena was a serious option. It just seems...petty? It's probably their right to cover them up, it just oozes pettiness.

I bet they are going to cover up the Kings banners as well, just to make their fantasy boner stronger.

Sanjuro

I'll concede to that, especially because the Dodgers choked it last night (*cries because no one cares about the Kings).

It's just humorous to me. I wonder if Doc had anything to do with it.

Doc would have just covered the center of the banners to make them appear blank.

320x240px-LL-09fac513_bunk-the-wire.gif

My disdain for Doc grows.

wmlk

Hey guys, I'm a pretty big basketball fan and I'd love to be in a NeoGAF Fantasy League. Is there any league I could join?

I've read before that Sterling gets a cut of all Staples Center revenue and box seat sales for keeping his team there....so no the Clippers are never leaving.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sterling has the best arena deal in pro sports. He pays nothing and doesn't have to worry about keeping the arena occupied with events other than basketball -- that's all AEG. Clippers would be stupid to move out of Staples.

Sanjuro

Sterling has the best arena deal in pro sports. He pays nothing and doesn't have to worry about keeping the arena occupied with events other than basketball -- that's all AEG. Clippers would be stupid to move out of Staples.

...but what if he was to build another arena inside of Staples?

I know I can always count on Sanjubro to say things that make no sense

Also Lakers fans what is the sound the PA plays every time you hit a 3? I think you know what I'm talking about. To me it's the ring of a lot of doorbells here but I was wondering if that sound bit has a specific name

If you are a musician these are the notes

A-F-G-C........C-G-A-F

SamuraiX-

Seeing Leonard's improvement just not slow down at all brings back memories of everyone who crucified the Spurs after they gave up George Hill for him.

It's insane how much better he's gotten in such a short amount of time.

Top Bottom