• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

J2 Cool

dantoni was gonna get fired either way.

question

Do you guys think that Kobe is a better jump shooter than MJ? Somebody was arguing to me that Kobe was better at it and MJ wasn't a jump shooter.

I was like wtf.

He might be, certainly a more versatile shooter, able to hit anywhere on the floor. Jordan was an eerily consistent, streaky shooter. Once he found his shot he'd shoot that same ball over and over. And if he didn't, he would drive and score. Plus his fadeaway was so good late career. Kobe stole a lot of MJ's leaners and such, to strong effect. I'd take Kobe in a shootaround, but don't think he's a better shooter in game largely based on shot selection.

Emwitus

Kobe back in. Gameover.

EDIT: And someone else gets a career high on the lakers.

EDIT: Like i said, kobe back in. You might as well pack it up. And lead stretched to 8. LOL

This team is infuriating. Kobe should have sat out more games. And d'antoni needs to go away.

Pau looks like he's in mud on defense.

Emwitus

Kobe passes to pau for 3. LOL story of the game. He plays with the team up until the 5th minute then just zones out. Freaking frustrating. Trust your team for the whole 48 minutes....and don't just hold the ball and eat out time when we're down 10 points. So annoying.

27+ points does. Not saying he played great but to put this loss on him is dumb. Fuck off, Em lol

I'm not saying it's all his fault, but a significant part of it is. Don't worry, though, the Mavs can't let go of their facial hair and the Jazz are the Jazz. There's a good chance the Lakers can make it into the playoffs with a losing record, as sad as that sounds.

thekad

Banned
at least fuckball is prevailing in dallas, there's hope for you los angeles
Look at LA's April schedule. They might not win another game.

Honestly they should be on a 5 game losing streak were it not for that blown call in Minnesota.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not saying it's all his fault, but a significant part of it is. Don't worry, though, the Mavs can't let go of their facial hair and the Jazz are the Jazz. There's a good chance the Lakers can make it into the playoffs with a losing record, as sad as that sounds.

Actually it's not. The bigs lost this game

27+ points does. Not saying he played great but to put this loss on him is dumb. Fuck off, Em lol

Kobe played terrible tonight. Horrific defense especially. Team was sharing the ball in the 4th before he returned too.

But pau also terrible on d. Dwight's fts. Meeks also horrible On offense. Only Jamison and Blake played fine as did dwigt not counting fts.

They look tired on defense these last few games. Worn out even. Injuries and age do that. Dtill don't see any defensive philosophy out there to help other than Dwight helping. Pau is especially awful on d

paully

Banned
I don't know whether I should blame Kobe, D'Antoni, Pau, Dwight, or Nash. It's just infuriating. They won't make the playoffs.

Emwitus

And with that, i'm out until the playoffs.....again. I hope dallas makes it over LA now. I'd rather watch clutchviski than this black hole kome shoot us out of it like last year.

Top Bottom