• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Branduil

What? No. How did you get that non-sequitur? Impressive.

Again, I don't understand why a fan cannot be excited for their team actually making the playoffs. Of course, the ultimate prize is to win the championship. But, when your team has struggled mightily, as the Lakers have most of the season, it's not ok to now be happy that we're back in the playoff picture? Will the Lakers, and their fans, be bummed if we don't win the title? Of course. But, you know, why is it that this isn't a good start to be mildly excited about?

You're missing the point.

As soon as your fanbase is excited by the prospect of making the playoffs, they no longer have any room to look down on other fanbases.

Crime-Scene.jpg

*dead*
literally

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Brandon Knight has been embarrassed so many times this season.

Annihilated by Kemba
Got delay air-crossed by Uncle Drew
Banished to the shadow realm by Deandre

I hope he doesn't do anything suicidal

(I'd understand if he did though)

You're missing the point.

As soon as your fanbase is excited by the prospect of making the playoffs, they no longer have any room to look down on other fanbases.

Huh, when did I ever talk about looking down on other teams and their fans? That's never been my proposition in any of this. And, what's with the generalities? My fanbase? I, uh, I don't think you can generalize fanbases like that.

Ramblin

Banned

Annihilated by Kemba

Funny thing is, he'll end up with a championship before any of them do.

Branduil

Huh, when did I ever talk about looking down on other teams and their fans? That's never been my proposition in any of this. And, what's with the generalities? My fanbase? I, uh, I don't think you can generalize fanbases like that.

This whole conversation started with Gremlins' weak attempt at trolling another fanbase. Do I need to spell everything out?

I still want to know what was Knight thinking. The only logical thing was to try and draw a charge, instead he tries to out-jump an athletic 7-footer. Take the charge, dude. He actually beat DeAndre to the spot.

This whole conversation started with Gremlins' weak attempt at trolling another fanbase. Do I need to spell everything out?

I'm not Gremlins. This hasn't been about gremlins. My issue was with the original premise about Laker fans being "in pain" because they're now the 8th seed. As i said, gremlins went overboard but properly addressed the notion as to why it's not such a painful situation. I elaborated on that. The latter portion of his comment is a rant and is clearly 'flamebait.' I'm not sure why you're lumping his derogatory remarks with my argument.

Branduil

I'm not Gremlins. This hasn't been about gremlins. My issue was with the original premise about Laker fans being "in pain" because they're now the 8th seed. As i said, gremlins went overboard but properly addressed the notion as to why it's not such a painful situation. I elaborated on that. The latter portion of his comment is a rant and is clearly 'flamebait.' I'm not sure why you're lumping his derogatory remarks with my argument.

The point is that posters like Gremlin are trying to style on Jazz fans despite being excited about losing in the first round of the playoffs. That's the humorous part.

I don't know how I can be any clearer.

The point is that posters like Gremlin are trying to style on Jazz fans despite being excited about losing in the first round of the playoffs. That's the humorous part.

Hold on, since when did team record/expectations preclude people from trolling other teams/fanbases here? That shit has been going on since I first posted in this thread.

Lucy you got some 'splainin to do!

There's nothing to be clear about. Why are you having this discussion with me? Nothing i've said even lends itself to what you're trying to purport. I hope you realize that. If you've got an issue with how Gremlins labeled the Jazz, then take it up with him. I'm not espousing what he suggested and neither is an an entire fanbase. I'm merely elaborating on why it's a good time in LA right now for Lakers fans. This really shouldn't even be addressing anything about the Jazz or posters "styling" on you. I've never mentioned that...at all. If you want to address as to why the Lakers shouldn't be in an excited state, then that's something I can entertain because it actually pertains to what I am talking about.

Branduil

Hold on, since when did team record/expectations preclude people from trolling other teams/fanbases here? That shit has been going on since I first posted in this thread.

Lucy you got some 'splainin to do!

It's not the trolling, it's the thinking your fanbase is actually better than theirs. Lakers-age has, for years, talked about how their standards are so much higher than other fanbases. Now we see the truth.

Funny thing is, he'll end up with a championship before any of them do.

LMAO.....

So he's going to be traded to the Heat or Thunder next year?

The Pistons aren't winning a champoinship (or making the playoffs) any time soon.

Annihilated by Kemba

He's a top ten pick. If you're not good, you have to find a way to stay relevant.

It's not the trolling, it's the thinking your fanbase is actually better than theirs. Lakers-age has, for years, talked about how their standards are so much higher than other fanbases. Now we see the truth.
Well see, now we have to deconstruct the hive mentality and assess who's part of it and who isn't. Has WonkyPanda himself said he has the same expectations? Because I've never seen him post here, he may not feel the same way. It's the same thing with ryutaro's mama, you see him popping bottles over the Laker's recent stretch? Same thing with other team-GAFs with alot of members, not everyone shares the same opinion.

There's the high after a team win where you say crazy things, then there's the next day. There are probably a few GAF Laker fans who think they're beating the Thunder in the 1st round if that matchup arises, but not everyone feels that way.

Branduil

Well see, now we have to deconstruct the hive mentality and assess who's part of it and who isn't. Has WonkyPanda himself said he has the same expectations? Because I've never seen him post here, he may not feel the same way. It's the same thing with ryutaro's mama, you see him popping bottles over the Laker's recent stretch? Same thing with other team-GAFs with alot of members, not everyone shares the same opinion.

There's the high after a team win where you say crazy things, then there's the next day. There are probably a few GAF Laker fans who think they're beating the Thunder in the 1st round if that matchup arises, but not everyone feels that way.

I was talking about posters like Gremlin and konex.

lupinko

Different sport but the kings last year didn't live up to expectations for most of the season and yet got hot at the right time, snuck into the playoffs and won the Stanley Cup. Not saying much but who knows really.

I kinda forgot about all this

Although this doesn't apply to everyone, just the few lot of you that I've conversed with

Top Bottom