• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

aznpxdd

Why would any fanbase root against their team making the playoffs, particularly given that said team would forfeit their draft pick if it misses the playoffs?

The Lakers are 16-6 since the all-star break, which would put them squarely in the top 5 of the NBA in terms of record over that span of time. This team has the potential to cause some damage in the playoffs.

But keep cynically prattling on and on about your shitty fucking team's future. Protip: it has none, because no free agent in their right mind would elect to play in the racist, backwards, toxic waste dump referred to euphemistically (and pretty aptly) as Salt Lake City, Utah.

Awwwww snap.

Branduil

Why would any fanbase root against their team making the playoffs, particularly given that said team would forfeit their draft pick if it misses the playoffs?

The Lakers are 16-6 since the all-star break, which would put them squarely in the top 5 of the NBA in terms of record over that span of time. This team has the potential to cause some damage in the playoffs.

But keep cynically prattling on and on about your shitty fucking team's future. Protip: it has none, because no free agent in their right mind would elect to play in the racist, backwards, toxic waste dump referred to euphemistically (and pretty aptly) as Salt Lake City, Utah.

Neolakes in the 8th spot and already acting like they're still the top dog, lol.

I don't think you fully understand what trolling means.

Oh, i'm fully aware. And, as you (hopefully) can see, he answered your question that you presented. Over the top? Perhaps. But, it doesn't change the response one bit. Merely responding with the premise that he's "trolling" doesn't add anything to that overall discussion that you, yourself, first presented. Why shouldn't a team be happy that it's in the playoff picture? You've failed to retort on the matter and I find it sordid that you think you can escape that by labeling someone a "troll."

diehard

Fleer
Oh, i'm fully aware. And, as you (hopefully) can see, he answered your question that you presented. Over the top? Perhaps. But, it doesn't change the response one bit. Merely responding with the premise that he's "trolling" doesn't add anything to that overall discussion that you, yourself, first presented. Why shouldn't a team be happy that it's in the playoff picture? You've failed to retort on the matter and I find it sordid that you think you can escape that by labeling someone a "troll."

Because his team was supposed to be some fucking super team with 4 hall of famers, talks of championships.. and he is happy about the 8th seed? I'm glad those goalposts can move that far.

lol gtfo

One of the least inspired things I've seen on GAF in months. This is like the Medal of Honor: Warfighter of trolling. Pick your game up.

Because his team was supposed to be some fucking super team with 4 hall of famers, talks of championships.. and he is happy about the 8th seed?

lol gtfo

I find your expertise at dodging a question laudable. Do you work for the Republican party, perchance?

You still haven't addressed why a team shouldn't be excited to be in the playoffs, regardless of expectations.

diehard

Fleer
I find your expertise at dodging a question laudable. Do you work for the Republican party, perchance?

You still haven't addressed why a team shouldn't be excited to be in the playoffs, regardless of expectations.

A team? wtf are you talking about? I said Laker fans.

If expectations don't have any effect on your amount of excitement.. you are stupid.

A team? wtf are you talking about? I said Laker fans.

If expectations don't have any effect on your amount of excitement.. you are stupid.

Excuse me, "fans" was the intended word.

And, of course there's expectations; of course you want to go #1; of course you want to go 72 wins. However, none of that should ultimately jade the proposition from what the team was in prior to ASW. A sense of jubilation isn't ok because.. because we were expected to be the best team? And why is that? Coming from several games under .500 to posting one of the better records in the league post-ASW should now "pain" us? Of course there's an expectancy deficiency here, but, like anything, it's an emotional roller coaster and the 'high' is pretty good right now in Laker town. And you speak of expectations as if it's only ability to look from the top down? Well, for the past 2 months, the lakers have been looking from the bottom up and expectations have changed wildly. You need to realize that. You make it seem as if expectations are locked into a one-way street.

Also, it's probably a bit better to go over using defamatory comments about people's stupidity. It just makes you look juvenile.

u2tus.gif

Branduil

Excuse me, "fans" was the intended word.

And, of course there's expectations; of course you want to go #1; of course you want to go 72 wins. However, none of that should ultimately jade the proposition from what the team was in prior to ASW. A sense of jubilation isn't ok because.. because we were expected to be the best team? And why is that? Coming from several games under .500 to posting one of the better records in the league post-ASW should now "pain" us? Of course there's an expectancy deficiency here, but, like anything, it's an emotional roller coaster and the 'high' is pretty good right now in Laker town. And you speak of expectations as if it's only ability to look from the top down? Well, for the past 2 months, the lakers have been looking from the bottom up and expectations have changed wildly. You need to realize that. You make it seem as if expectations are locked into a one-way street.

Also, it's probably a bit better to go over using defamatory comments about people's stupidity. It just makes you look juvenile.

So the playoffs are the new titles. That happened faster than I expected it.

So the playoffs are the new titles. That happened faster than I expected it.

What? No. How did you get that non-sequitur? Impressive.

Again, I don't understand why a fan cannot be excited for their team actually making the playoffs. Of course, the ultimate prize is to win the championship. But, when your team has struggled mightily, as the Lakers have most of the season, it's not ok to now be happy that we're back in the playoff picture? Will the Lakers, and their fans, be bummed if we don't win the title? Of course. But, you know, why is it that this isn't a good start to be mildly excited about?

Top Bottom