• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I think another big concern with Pau is really having his psyche cement with the 2nd unit.

Yip.

He'll likely get 5-6 regular season games under his belt before the playoffs start.

It's a hard road vs. a 5pur5 team that has gelled the entire year and everyone knows their role.

Still not getting why some Laker fans are overconfident potentially playing the 5purs5 like this is 2001 or sumshit.

ISOM

But usually doesn't.

1) Howard is as healthy as he'll be with a recovering back and torn labrum

2) Gasol, will not be fully healthy coming into the playoffs. He'll be healed but not healthy.

3) Nash hasn't found his groove in this offense yet and we are less than 20 games till the end of the season...

4) The way MDA is loading Kobe up on minutes, we'll see how amazing "playoff Kobe" can be this year.

I don't see how you are so positive in light of everything.

Do I want my team to do well? Absolutely.

I just know things don't look too great in our favor plus, MDA has been abysmal in the playoffs.

Oh I can understand your even handedness with our chances come the playoffs but I'm just personally not worried over the same things you are.

don't get banned when you are trying to procrastinate

Well, I didn't realize anything I did was really a ban worthy offense. Apologies, Blackace.

Yip.

He'll likely get 5-6 regular season games under his belt before the playoffs start.

It's a hard road vs. a 5pur5 team that has gelled the entire year and everyone knows their role.

Still not getting why some Laker fans are overconfident potentially playing the 5purs5 like this is 2001 or sumshit.

I had heard JHill was ahead of schedule, but I haven't heard anything since.

ISOM

Yip.

If you look at the lakers record this year against the spurs, the first game the lakers lost by 2 points(last second 3) with no nash and the 2nd game they lost by 3 points with no howard and no pau. Why exactly should'nt laker fans be confident in their chances against the spurs?

pilonv1

BFDCElmCEAAtHWQ.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
"Most" implies greater than half and you have no way to substantiate that claim.

Your last premise is circular. Might want to work on the insults a bit.

I wasn't aware I insulted anyone lol

Lakers are used to title hunts and cut and run when that doesn't seem on the menu. Kobe can do no wrong, etc.

Knicks fans are known for their own thing to. Aim low and miss.

Wizards fans are bipolar.

Loserbro teams are masochists.

etc

If you look at the lakers record this year against the spurs, the first game the lakers lost by 2 points(last second 3) with no nash and the 2nd game they lost by 3 points with no howard and no pau. Why exactly should'nt laker fans be confident in their chances against the spurs?

Regular season victories =/= playoff victories

Remember in 1998 when the Lakers won the season series vs. the Jazz and in the playoffs got housed in 4?

Also, because in the playoffs, MDA dies every year?

Seriously, I believe that if Phil was coaching the Knicks in the playoffs last year, they might have won that series--they certainly wouldn't have been swept.

That how much coaching matters in the playoffs.

ISOM

Regular season victories =/= playoff victories

Remember in 1998 when the Lakers won the season series vs. the Jazz and in the playoffs got housed in 4?

Also, because in the playoffs, MDA dies every year?

Seriously, I believe that if Phil was coaching the Knicks in the playoffs last year, they might have won that series--they certainly wouldn't have been swept.

That how much coaching matters in the playoffs.

If regular season victories don't mean playoffs then the lakers record vs the top western teams should be erased from the conservation. It's a blank slate come playoff time, anything can happen.

Lakers are used to title hunts and cut and run when that doesn't seem on the menu. Kobe can do no wrong, etc.

etc

Well, I just don't think it's fair to overgeneralize and place sweeping labels. I guess, that's just me.

Phil needs to come back.

Somebody needs to put Jim Buss in solitary confinement for 22 months.

Everything I heard was that Dr. Buss requested MDA because he wanted a return to Showtime.

Not saying it's true but if it is, you can't blame Jimbo for this.

You can, however, blame him for Bynum.

Don't be so sensitive lol

You say that but when people make sweeping generalizations about races and sexes, that shit isn't cool either.

Every fan doesn't fit neatly into a fucking box.

etc
Well, I just don't think it's fair to overgeneralize and place sweeping labels. I guess, that's just me.
Don't be so sensitive lol
HEY FUCK YOU. I said Knicks' best case scenario would be to secure HCA. I'm happy so far. You hear me?

Branduil

The last time Pau was any good in the playoffs was 3 years ago, why would he be any better a year older coming off of an injury?

Judderman

drawer by drawer

etc

You know what they say: Aim for the trees and be swept among the leaves.

That's how it goes right?

linsivvi

The last time Pau was any good in the playoffs was 3 years ago, why would he be any better a year older coming off of an injury?

Nobody in the current roster can play backup C. When Howard is resting the only choice right now is Antawn Jamison. Also, rebounds. That's one thing that he can still do well regardless of health.

Nobody in the current roster can play backup C. When Howard is resting the only choice right now is Antawn Jamison. Also, rebounds. That's one thing that he can still do well regardless of health.
Ya, pretty much. Regardless of his play, he's going to be an improvement over what we're working with.

hmmmmm if the Lakers keep winning then they have a shot at the 6th seed and i can finally get my LA vs LA in the playoffs, do it Stern

i wish they could have half the court in clippers style and the other in lakers, damn it would be sick

linsivvi

But you forget that Pau Pau HATES playing center.

He doesn't have to do play center full time though. He just needs to do it when Dwight is resting so the Lakers will always have a big on the court. But then again it hinges on Antoni knowing his shit and keeps the rotation sensible, which I have doubts.

I know Pau has played C in the past but I know it was grudgingly.

He doesn't like banging around down low in the post.

I think he was eager to have say, Drew to offload those duties onto.

linsivvi

I know Pau has played C in the past but I know it was grudgingly.

He doesn't like banging around down low in the post.

I think he was eager to have say, Drew to offload those duties onto.

I know, yet he played C when Bynum was on the bench. Phil knows his shit.

Also, given what happened with Pringles this season, I think he would much rather play C then to be asked to camp out at the 3 point line and shoot 3s.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Damnit Miami...

How good will a scrubby team feel if they're the ones to end the streak though? Hah

Pau likes playing c just not all game long.

Pau would be a huge upgrade over our super small lineup. It's a fucking freeway to the hoop when Dwight goes out.

I'm pretty sure majority implies more than half whereas most can be used just for a large amount of people/events that can't be accounted for very accurately.

You're thinking of "many."

EDIT: But, now that i think about it, "many" is quantifiably vague. So, i'm actually not sure what you're thinking. Logically, "most" implies more than 50%.

Top Bottom