• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If I wouldn't be happy with the Blazers making the 8th seed, then Lakers fans ESPECIALLY aren't allowed to wave their fucking flag.

JUTWhZT.jpg

NTkOz3a.png

Omg too funny

Branduil

Different sport but the kings last year didn't live up to expectations for most of the season and yet got hot at the right time, snuck into the playoffs and won the Stanley Cup. Not saying much but who knows really.

Don't cross the streams. You can't compare hockey to basketball.

If I wouldn't be happy with the Blazers making the 8th seed, then Lakers fans ESPECIALLY aren't allowed to wave their fucking flag.

Did you expect the Blazers to be a playoff team this year? Cause 8th seed would be pretty good based on pre-season expectations...

Not that I'm saying you'll settle for 8th seed. But expectations should be relative to the roster you had before the year and whatever has gone on during the year.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Two of the things I cheer for: The Bucks and Jimmer and I didn't get to see either.

Sounds like an exciting last couple of minutes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Did you expect the Blazers to be a playoff team this year? Cause 8th seed would be pretty good based on pre-season expectations...

Not that I'm saying you'll settle for 8th seed. But expectations should be relative to the roster you had before the year and whatever has gone on during the year.

Hell no I didn't. They've already won 4 more games than I thought they would. And that's the point.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not sure if his new coach is significantly better than his old coach.

I don't its so much Keith Smart not coaching but the FO in Sac trying to convince him that he needed to be a SF to get any minutes at all.

I agree in terms of preseason expectations but that was before we knew Lillard is this good

Now? Blazers fans have every right to think they can do it. They've got two legitimate stars. Theres a lot of talented teams in the west but in that bottom heap only Dwight-Kobe can match Lillard-LMA. The supporting cast isnt too hot but they can pull it together

Blazer fans ought to be fiendin

At least he'll receive some instruction out there.
Parsons: "we dont have a set offense, which i think helps us, cause its hard to guard us when you dont know what we're doing, cause we dont even know what we're doing. We run to spots and we have counters and reactions to different players, I think that makes us really tough to guard, and the pace that we play at in transition is tough"

lol no

I agree in terms of preseason expectations but that was before we knew Lillard is this good

Now? Blazers fans have every right to think they can do it. They've got two legitimate stars. Theres a lot of talented teams in the west but in that bottom heap only Dwight-Kobe can match Lillard-LMA. The supporting cast isnt too hot but they can pull it together

I love rooting for young up and coming teams

I'm pretty realistic about expectations but there's always that moment right before the game where the crazy ass "This team will defy everyone's expectations and be the first of its kind to win it all" thoughts creep into my head

To clarify, I don't think the Lakers as a franchise is better than the Jazz as a franchise because they've supplanted them in rankings this year. The Lakers franchise is better because its storied history is one of perennial winning, while the Jazz's is one of perennial losing. My "troll," which hardly qualifies as a troll given that none of what I said about the Jazz or Utah was even remotely false, was retaliation over the passive aggressive wailing of diehard and basically all of Jazz-age. Instead of relishing a likely playoff berth, given the seemingly awful trajectory this team was on not two months ago, we're supposed to be writhing in pain like Jazz fans are over their collapsing team? What a fucking farce.

does it pain Laker fans to act excited for the 8th seed?

Ryu is the only sensible one.

I just keep everything in perspective.

This Laker team is getting better, sure but they haven't shown me anything that would make me believe they could beat any team (and I mean any team) currently seeded in the playoffs in a series.

I can't see a single team that I can say that I could see this Laker team beating 4 times in a series.

And LOL @ the Laker fans saying we could beat the 5pur5. Pop was raping MDA in the playoffs for YEARS, brahs. FUCKING YEARS

This shit would be Kobe and MDA vs. Pop and Timmy.

Not Phil and Kobe vs. Pop and Timmy.

Huge fucking difference.

To clarify, I don't think the Lakers as a franchise is better than the Jazz as a franchise because they've supplanted them in rankings this year. The Lakers franchise is better because its storied history is one of perennial winning, while the Jazz's is one of perennial losing. My "troll," which hardly qualifies as a troll given that none of what I said about the Jazz or Utah was even remotely false, was retaliation over the passive aggressive wailing of diehard and basically all of Jazz-age. Instead of relishing a likely playoff berth, given the seemingly awful trajectory this team was on not two months ago, we're supposed to be writhing in pain like Jazz fans are over their collapsing team? What a fucking farce.

Define perennial winning

Because I'm pretty sure you guys don't win every year

This Laker team is getting better, sure but they haven't shown me anything that would make me believe they could beat any team (and I mean any team) currently seeded in the playoffs in a series.

I can't see a single team that I can say that I could see this Laker team beating 4 times in a series.

And LOL @ the Laker fans saying we could beat the 5pur5. Pop was raping MDA in the playoffs for YEARS, brahs. FUCKING YEARS

Huge fucking difference.

Would you agree that the Lakers have a better "chance" at beating the Spurs than OKC? Because, I am inclined to think that, regardless of how small either chance may be. That 'run-and-gun' style just kills us.

linsivvi

Wait, you don't think the Rockets and the Warriors have at least as much talents as the Blazers right now?

Yep. Coaching matters.

Same thing with Phil and Karl. If Phil was still the coach, I like our chances against the Nuggets. He always ate his soul in the playoffs. Always.

He meant perennial playoff team/title contender.

Outside the last few seasons, the Jazz have been a winning organization my entire life

They've never won titles but to categorize them as losers is flat out disrespectful

I would give that title to the Clippers before I'd give it to the Jazz

Would you agree that the Lakers have a better "chance" at beating the Spurs than OKC? Because, I am inclined to think that, regardless of how small either chance may be. That 'run-and-gun' style just kills us.

why on earth would you think that

the only thing you could hope for is that mvp level tim duncan turns back into tim donecan but even then parker will have nash bite the pillow because he's going in dry

lakers have a better 'chance' of beating okc since scott brooks literally still runs kendrick perkins post-ups in the year 2013

That like asking do I want to ingest poison instead of slitting my wrists.

I can't say that it would be the same outcome, but as of right now, this Laker team that I've been watching all year long, I would be hard pressed to see us win 1 or two games in any series that we are in.

We have been so fucking inconsistent all year long and outside of Jamison, our bench is hot garbage.

Yes, Mamba, that includes Baby Boy.

The 5pur5 bench would do horrible, terrible things to our bench as would the OKC bench.

the only thing you could hope for is that mvp level tim duncan turns back into tim donecan but even then parker will have nash bite the pillow because he's going in dry

lakers have a better 'chance' of beating okc since scott brooks literally still runs kendrick perkins post-ups in the year 2013

Because the Lakers have the worst transition defense i've ever seen and the ability to exploit that weakness would be easier for OKC than SAS, as marginal as that may be. True on Brooks being an utter failure of a coach, though. I just feel that the SAS play a comparatively slower pace, which bodes better for our slowness.

diehard

Fleer

Why are you talking about Salt lake City anyway?

You prob don't want to get into that discussion because i have a lot more ammo than you do.

Outside the last few seasons, the Jazz have been a winning organization my entire life

They've never won titles but to categorize them as losers is flat out disrespectful

I would give that title to the Clippers before I'd give it to the Jazz
In fairness, NBA-GAF runs on disrespectful. Why criticize for it now?

Don't forget the chance Russell Westbrick/Brickbrook/Shotcrook/(insert nickname here) pulling a Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and freezing out Durant! But OKC as constructed is built to take out LA, even with a SG playing PG and an 'average' coach.
Because the Lakers have the worst transition defense i've ever seen and the ability to exploit that weakness would be easier for OKC than SAS, as marginal as that may be. True on Brooks being an utter failure of a coach, though. I just feel that the SAS play a comparatively slower pace, which bodes better for our slowness.
It's true, we just saw this on parade the last game they played a week ago.

ISOM

Huge fucking difference.

In the playoffs anything can happen all I know is that I wouldn't be write off a healthy howard, a healthy pau, nash, and a playoff kobe as a no chance team.

most of yal ride kobe like he's the last bus home

no point denying the obvious. lakers fans are ... lakers fans. l

"Most" implies greater than half and you have no way to substantiate that claim.

Your last premise is circular. Might want to work on the insults a bit.

In the playoffs anything can happen

But usually doesn't.

all I know is that I wouldn't be write off a healthy howard, a healthy pau, nash, and a playoff kobe as a no chance team.

1) Howard is as healthy as he'll be with a recovering back and torn labrum

2) Gasol, will not be fully healthy coming into the playoffs. He'll be healed but not healthy.

3) Nash hasn't found his groove in this offense yet and we are less than 20 games till the end of the season...

4) The way MDA is loading Kobe up on minutes, we'll see how amazing "playoff Kobe" can be this year.

I don't see how you are so positive in light of everything.

Do I want my team to do well? Absolutely.

I just know things don't look too great in our favor plus, MDA has been abysmal in the playoffs.

Top Bottom