• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

on the real tho, why shouldnt Lakers fans be trolled? last summer, we heard about four out of 5 Laker starters drawing double teams and how Dwight was gunna keep YNB in check with his rim protection.

To be fair to Lakers fans, it should have been impossible for this team to be bad, but somehow they've done the impossible.

Dwight being terrible due to injury should have been more forseen though.

To be fair to Lakers fans, it should have been impossible for this team to be bad, but somehow they've done the impossible.

That's what a lot of people were saying but "He was cleared!" meant more to others

GTFO trying trouble compare race and sex to fanhood.

Thats easily the dumbest shit you've ever said here. Please unfuck yourself.

And nobody puts anyone in a box but LOLKNICKS and your passive aggressive "I sure hope we get better :3" schtick that you've been running since last year doesn't directly confirm that you feel the same way either.

Running since last year? You GTFOOH.Again, some attempt to make it seem like my feeling or faked humility somehow appeared last year as the Lakers shifted into a non contender.

My feelings have been one of caution even during the repeat years of 2009 and 2010.Even when other people were saying I was too cynical here. But wait, that doesn't fit your narrative so how can that be?

But don't take my word for it. Check my post history for both those years if you like.

And yeah, it is the same as comparing the races in that, if someone made a sweeping generalization about Black people akin to how you tried putting all the fans of a team into the same box, people would (and should) call foul.
I'm not saying that it is weighed the same (cause it certainly isn't) but the blind blanket statements are pretty damn similar.

I get tired of the "All Laker fans are..." bullshit.

Every fan doesn't fit neatly into a little box

Omega

Banned
Running since last year? You GTFOOH.Again, some attempt to make it seem like my feeling or faked humility somehow appeared last year as the Lakers shifted into a non contender.

My feelings have been one of caution even during the repeat years of 2009 and 2010.Even when other people were saying I was too cynical here. But wait, that doesn't fit your narrative so how can that be?

But don't take my word for it. Check my post history for both those years if you like.

And yeah, it is the same as comparing the races in that, if someone made a sweeping generalization about Black people akin to how you tried putting all the fans of a team into the same box, people would (and should) call foul.
I'm not saying that it is weighed the same (cause it certainly isn't) but the blind blanket statements are pretty damn similar.

I get tired of the "All Laker fans are..." bullshit.

Every fan doesn't fit neatly into a little box*
* - Does not apply to Jets fans

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ryu is "one of the good ones"

Amazing how you troll yourself better than I ever could.

linsivvi

Nobody can foresee Pringles. Nobody.

That's like dream come true for all Lakers haters....

DY_nasty

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.
You'll have to forgive me for not taking you seriously after comparing the blight of being a Lakers fan with racism and sexism.

It was the dumbest shit in this thread.

You just vindicated Vahagn, Cloudy, Clovis, Nori, Adam, Chars, and Frankman all in one post. Congratulations on rising above.

balddemon

Banned
Espn made a top 10 all time poster dunk list. Deandre was #7 ad Blake over mozgov was #5. fun list, but do you guys agree?

Also, jazz in national tv so I finally get to watch from my couch lol. Gonna gt slaughtered, bu should be fun.

You'll have to forgive me for not taking you seriously after comparing the blight of being a Lakers fan with racism and sexism.

It was the dumbest shit in this thread.

The blight of being a Laker fan? Where did I ever mention that? What are you even saying?

Why are you purposefully ignoring what I actually said so you can get in a "hurr, hurr" joke?

I seem to recall saying that that the process of throwing all fans into the same box is no different than the process of throwing all people in a certain race into the same box, even though the two are not weighed the same.

Example: " All <insert fans> are <insert insult>." is the same as "All <insert race/gender> are <insert insult>.

In execution. Not in weighing.

They are exactly the same in that they make lazy, uniformed blanket statements to describe an entire group.

Not seeing how that is so hard for you to wrap your head around.

Omega

Banned
Espn made a top 10 all time poster dunk list. Deandre was #7 ad Blake over mozgov was #5. fun list, but do you guys agree?

Also, jazz in national tv so I finally get to watch from my couch lol. Gonna gt slaughtered, bu should be fun.
as long as 3/4 are Shawn Kemp, 2 is Pippen teabag on Ewing and 1 is Vince over Weis then all is good

i dont know if it was posted but fuuuuuuuu....

iFLIC59NP2jee.gif

ibfGACq50lur2k.gif

Saw this on Grantland

DY_nasty

So how are in the world are you downplaying that and in the same breath going on about how you're not like rest? Before I even go in about how its not that serious/it is/sn't false, you gotta explain how you don't contradict yourself with the first part. You're not like the rest meaning you're not like the group - one you're trying to say just a moment later doesn't exist or shouldn't exist.

But again throwing fandom next to racism and sexism is still dumb as hell no matter where you attempt to point next. Its stupid. I thought I'd let you know.

Tomb Raider will be an excellent summer sale purchase

Right now I've got waaaaay too much other shit I haven't even double clicked on

So how are in the world are you downplaying that and in the same breath going on about how you're not like rest? Before I even go in about how its not that serious/it is/sn't false, you gotta explain how you don't contradict yourself with the first part. You're not like the rest meaning you're not like the group - one you're trying to say just a moment later doesn't exist or shouldn't exist.

Downplaying what exactly?

It's not a contradiction. I'm using myself as an example in the opposite direction of what you were saying with your blanket statement.

I'm not saying there aren't people that fit the description (you can find unapologetic homers in every fanbase) that you mentioned however it is hardly even close to the majority or totality, here or IRL.

I'm hardly the only person either be it here, or outside this thread that doesn't quite fit into that catch all box for "Laker fans". While I use myself and Laker fans as the example here, it is hardly limited to that. It is the pervasive thought surrounding a lot of fanbases. "You're a Knicks fan? Time to lump you in with the most vocal posters, etc. Sorry, you aren't your own person--you must take on the caricature of the "Knick fan" as described here."

The problem with generalizations, especially on a forum like this is, perception becomes reality. People can't have a conversation about the game we all love without bringing prejudices to the table. "Yeah whatever, <insert poster>, you're just a <insert fan>." It destroys conversations before they can even start.

When I talk to you on here, I don't have any pre-conceived notions about you based on who you root for--is it wrong for me to expect the same?

But again throwing fandom next to racism and sexism is still dumb as hell no matter where you attempt to point next. Its stupid. I thought I'd let you know.

You know what else is stupid? Generalizations.

I used it to point out how ridiculous using blanket statements and generalizations on groups can be, regardless of the source.

Would it make you feel better if I used, say, Republicans/Liberals...or, North Carolina/Duke...or whatever? It would be the EXACT same generalizing practice of putting people into neat little boxes.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Tomb Raider looks awesome but my pile of shame needs some attention first.

I still have Madden 13 in plastic. I buy too many games.

DY_nasty

So if I said "Lakers fans are not used to losing, being handed all-star players regularly, and generally ignorant to the workings of small market teams" I'd be wrong? Because thats what's said.

And you're not being confined to a box if you continually prove it right or go out of your way to prove you're not like the image (proving you acknowledge it too).

But as long as you clarify the difference and not generalize every group generalized...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
LOL. It was the same for me.

I gave a copy away to a friend when I realized football season was over.

Luckily, I didn't pay for said copy.

I sold my house and eliminated all of my debt and to celebrate I went and bought a handful of games at one time and had completely forgot I had picked up Madden. I missed out getting into the GAF league so there was never a reason to pull the game out.
Still have several big releases from the end of last year I haven't started. And then the Steam sale happened.

So if I said "Lakers fans are not used to losing, being handed all-star players regularly, and generally ignorant to the workings of small market teams" I'd be wrong? Because thats what's said.

I would say most Laker fans (and fans in general) that I know don't fit that.

And you're not being confined to a box if you continually prove it right or go out of your way to prove you're not like the image (proving you acknowledge it too).

Of course I'm aware that the stereotypes exist.

I encounter shit like this IRL taking about the Lakers and whatnot. People like to generalize saying like, all Laker fans are bandwagon, all Laker fans love Kobe unconditionally, all Laker fans are ignorant of the sport, Laker fans are fake, blah blah blah. I'm sure other fans get griefed the exact same way too--this isn't a Laker exclusive thing. It is all based in making sweeping generalizations.

Also, I'm saying that most don't fit that mold just because there is a vocal minority that make you think otherwise.

But as long as you clarify the difference and not generalize every group generalized...

All I'm saying is it's not constructive to promote turning entire fanbases into caricatures for the lulz.

Top Bottom