• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Does reilo even want the Blazers to make the playoffs? I thought like a month ago he said the pick would be better.

Even cutting at the appropriate time, reading the PG and crashing the boards is more instruction than what Keith Smart has done. So yes.

Its our pick anyways lol

It's Top 12 protected.

The worst outcome for Portland is missing the playoffs and getting the 13th pick. Then Charlotte gets it.

I'd also point out Pau was playing his best ball of the season after he came back from concussion and was putting up legit numbers without Dwight for some of those.

In the 10 games he returned he averaged 32 min, 17, 7.5, 3, 1 on 53% shooting. His numbers would have been better but he was shooting way below norm from the FT line on his 5.5 FTA in that stretch.

Pau was finally looking healthy out there this season and was scoring well in the post again.

On the bright side, maybe his knees will be fully heeled when he comes back.

... How? His only option was to take the charge, considering he was standing in the lane well before Jordan even took off. Trying to contest that dunk was sheer lunacy.

You can't move to take a charge once someone jumps into the air and Knight couldn't have gotten his feet set before Jordan took off.

Trying to take a charge would have been fine as well. I just prefer players do something that they know will probably end up getting them humiliated but needs to be done instead of just looking on and doing nothing.

You can't move to take a charge once someone jumps into the air and Knight couldn't have gotten his feet set before Jordan took off.

Trying to take a charge would have been fine as well. I just prefer players do something that they know will probably end up getting them humiliated but needs to be done instead of just looking on and doing nothing.

So it's smarter for a point guard to challenge the most athletic C in the game on an alley-oop dunk and 99.9999% of the time give up an And 1 (which he converted)???

Sometimes the best play is to actually not get humiliated.

linsivvi

Giving up an and-1 is better than doing nothing?

He also couldn't take the charge since he's well inside the restricted area. Sometimes you just need to let it go.

Well, let's just say the posters won't show him trying to do what needs to be done.

nah he's dumb

So it's smarter for a point guard to challenge the most athletic C in the game on an alley-oop dunk and 99.9999% of the time give up an And 1 (which he converted)???

Sometimes the best play is to actually not get humiliated.

It might be the best idea logically, but it doesn't inspire as much.

That was a really shitty defensive breakdown and defense is a lot about effort so trying to inspire and lead by trying is important defensively for bad teams going nowhere.

Besides, DeAndre Jordan misses most of the time from the line and if Knight had affected the play, it might have turned the momentum a bit since the Pistons were getting destroyed already so there was nothing really to lose.

Even if it doesn't affect his teammates at all, I like the general attitude of trying to do something to prevent what seems hopeless though that same type of decision making can probably be connected to Knight's inability to run a team effectively.

Maybe I've just been driven insane by watching Al Jefferson watch dunks for three years.

It might be the best idea logically, but it doesn't inspire as much.

That was a really shitty defensive breakdown and defense is a lot about effort so trying to inspire and lead by trying is important defensively for bad teams going nowhere.

Besides, DeAndre Jordan misses most of the time from the line and if Knight had affected the play, it might have turned the momentum a bit since the Pistons were getting destroyed already so there was nothing really to lose.

Maybe I've just been driven insane by watching Al Jefferson watch dunks for three years.

Knight has almost no chance to affect that shot. it's a stupid decision. You can't give up free points.

I actually think it's one of the dumber plays NBA players make, getting in the way of guys like Lebron with weak foul attempts or trying to stop obvious dunks.

lol, what could it have inspired? The crowd went nuts and he's going to be clowned for it for a week.

Knight has almost no chance to affect that shot. it's a stupid decision. You can't give up free points.

I actually think it's one of the dumber plays NBA players make, getting in the way of guys like Lebron with weak foul attempts or trying to stop obvious dunks.

lol, what could it have inspired? The crowd went nuts and he's going to be clowned for it for a week.

If he had somehow timed it perfectly and blocked it, it could have been awesome and gotten the Pistons to do something, maybe. They had already lost. And if hadn't blocked it, but had managed to get enough of Jordan, he would have saved one or two points most likely.

Weak fouls on players who will finish anyway is dumb, but there are a lot of times when players refuse to try to get into position to contest (when they can) because they don't want to get dunked on and that really annoys me so players trying desperately to get into position or follow the gameplan (even if the effort is futile and the decision insane) is something I like to see.

It's way too easy to look at that play and say Knight should have done differently. Hindsight is 20/20. It seems Knight though he had a play on the ball before it can get in the hands of Jordan. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it worked out. For all intents and purposes, Knight thought he had a play on the ball and went for it. Can't fault the guy too much for that.

If he had somehow timed it perfectly and blocked it, it could have been awesome and gotten the Pistons to do something, maybe. They had already lost. And if hadn't blocked it, but had managed to get enough of Jordan, he would have saved one or two points most likely.

Weak fouls on players who will finish anyway is dumb, but there are a lot of times when players refuse to try to get into position to contest (when they can) because they don't want to get dunked on and that really annoys me so players trying desperately to get into position or follow the gameplan (even if the effort is futile and the decision insane) is something I like to see.

While that's true and I agree, this was not one of those times.

Lol @ if he timed it perfectly. He is physically incapable of that. It's like saying if Dy didn't have unwed babies.

Twitter you magnificent beast:

Fake SportsCenter ‏@FakeSportsCentr
Ironic that Brandon Knight survived Detroit for a couple years then is found murdered in Lob City

Michael Smith ‏@michaelsmith
Don't be surprised if the next episode of Law and Order is based on DeAndre Jordan assaulting Brandon Knight

Kevin Hart ‏@KevinHart2ReaI
We lost another young one in Brandon Knight. This black on black violence gotta end..

erik_spoelstra.jpg

spo.gif

be careful spo

snack

I know Pau has played C in the past but I know it was grudgingly.

He doesn't like banging around down low in the post.

I think he was eager to have say, Drew to offload those duties onto.

A discussion between Pau and the coaches could have been had if he was capable of playing the 4 anymore. Dude needs to be transitioned to the 5 like Metta kinda has been to the 4.

masud

Banned
You bought Sim City?

Insert joke here about Knicks fans, eternally delayed gratification, and supporting incompetent organizations.

EAD Bought it on a whim hadn't been reading up on it. It's pretty fun... when it works.

Kado Im trying to log in now so who knows... lmao

h3ro

Make fun of us all you want. This is what we were used to until Donnie:

OKldYxx.jpg

EAD. 2 wins and we poppin' bottles. Don't care.

Why would any fanbase root against their team making the playoffs, particularly given that said team would forfeit their draft pick if it misses the playoffs?

The Lakers are 16-6 since the all-star break, which would put them squarely in the top 5 of the NBA in terms of record over that span of time. This team has the potential to cause some damage in the playoffs.

But keep cynically prattling on and on about your shitty fucking team's future. Protip: it has none, because no free agent in their right mind would elect to play in the racist, backwards, toxic waste dump referred to euphemistically (and pretty aptly) as Salt Lake City, Utah.

lol, I missed this. Lakers have one win over a top 4 WC team on the whole fucking year, sit yo ass down.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You say that but when people make sweeping generalizations about races and sexes, that shit isn't cool either.

Every fan doesn't fit neatly into a fucking box.
GTFO trying trouble compare race and sex to fanhood.

Thats easily the dumbest shit you've ever said here. Please unfuck yourself.

And nobody puts anyone in a box but LOLKNICKS and your passive aggressive "I sure hope we get better :3" schtick that you've been running since last year doesn't directly confirm that you feel the same way either.

Top Bottom