• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

linsivvi

Naw, just saying call out individual posters if you want but not as a blanket.

Example: Not all WWE fans are John Cena super fans like you, Frankman.

I've had that discussion with him before. It's useless since he's not going to change.

It's how he get his enjoyment from this thread by riling people up, so just ignore him.

So Utah plays Detroit at home tonight... if they're not back in the playoffs by the end of the night (even if for only 24 hours), the entire team should be contracted.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've had that discussion with him before. It's useless since he's not going to change.

It's how he get his enjoyment from this thread by riling people up, so just ignore him.
Tell me more

Fans
Women
Minorities

Read the post I originally quoted and realize that hopping in his corner because "DY is a jerk" makes you look just as stupid.

At least ryu is gradually stepping off of that statement. You just look like you want borrow face paint. So unless you want a clown suit too you can either fill me in on what makes my point so outrageous or keep singing the same song.

tumblr_lf8qgh2HUk1qg6nqao1_400.jpg

image.php

linsivvi

Tell me more

Fans
Women
Minorities

Read the post I originally quoted and realize that hopping in his corner because "DY is a jerk" makes you look just as stupid.

At least ryu is gradually stepping off of that statement. You just look like you want borrow face paint. So unless you want a clown suit too you can either fill me in on what makes my point so outrageous or keep singing the same song.

LOL

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dude, I still have major releases from PS2 and GCN, unopened.

Don't even get me started on all the current gen stuff I still have to get to...

<sigh>

I think we as gamers are just dumb consumers. We all buy stuff just because it is available. We preorder stuff that doesn't require it.
I don't buy anything else like I buy games. Need food? Go get food.
Need clothes? Go get clothes.
Need tools? Go get tools. Heck sometimes I have to put my car back together to go get the tool I need to properly fix it.

Have 30+ unplayed games on shelf? Go buy more games.

When I think about the money I could have saved by buying a game when I actually started playing it is baffling.

Some day I will learn.

Brb. Gotta go preorder Bioshock infinite and GTAV

Tell me more

Fans
Women
Minorities

Wearing the clown suit too? Is that to somehow imply that you made me wear a clown suit because you "decimated" my argument?

And I'm not "gradually backing off" of anything.

Point blank, generalizing is bullshit, regardless of the comparative.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Because a generalization is an average. Just because you tout yourself as the exception to a rule, it doesn't make you any less a member of a group of fuckwits.

Because a generalization is an average. Just because you tout yourself as the exception to a rule, it doesn't make you any less a member of a group of fuckwits.

Aha, but it is an average based, as I stated, on a vocal minority and hardly indicative of the greater sum.

That is the flaw. It's based on a limited perception...

My experience is that the Laker fans I talk to IRL are not consistent to that.

Is my experience wrong while yours is right?

reilo

Aha, but it is an average based, as I stated, on a vocal minority and hardly indicative of the greater sum.

That is the flaw. It's based on a limited perception...

My experience is that the Laker fans I talk to IRL are not consistent to that.

Is my experience wrong while yours is right?

You ain't met the Lakers fans in Portland then. They're as cliche as they come.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Am I the only one looking hard at Kelly Olynyk in the tournament?

It would be such a Grunsfeldian move :(

Edit: Yall fools need gamefly

As a Zags fan I hope Olynyk does some major damage in the tourney. He has some skills.

No gamefly in Canada. I did subscribe to a similar service for the last year but they are Mickey Mouse in comparison. Not once did I get a game that was released within the last 6 months. For instance I have had Sleeping Dogs at the top of my list since its release and was sent Dirt Showdown (#8 I'm my queue) last week. I cancelled my sub on Friday. I was more using it for games I didn't feel were worth purchasing. So I don't think it saved me a penny at all. I still bought all the games I wanted.

Two things.

1) I think Kobe will get his own wing in the HOF, a first for the hall.
2) I have heard rumblings that the NBA logo might be changed to a silhouette of Kobe once he is done.

Two things.

1) I think Kobe will get his own wing in the HOF, a first for the hall.
2) I have heard rumblings that the NBA logo might be changed to a silhouette of Kobe once he is done.

Both should happen but won't because the NBA is still sucking Jeff's dick. But I agree that both should happen. More deserving than any other player.

You ain't met the Lakers fans in Portland then. They're as cliche as they come.

But you haven't met every Laker fan in Portland...it sounds like you have met the obnoxious ones, which aren't only in Portland.

Now you're proving my point about generalizing. If I changed a few things about your post to be:

You ain't met the <minority group> in <city> then. They're as cliche as they come.

how is that not the same things some people say when grouping people instead of fans?

I have NEVER said that racial/sex generalization = fandom generalization.

If I did, DY would be correct in saying it was stupid.

What I DID say (and have maintained this whole time) is that what IS equal is the process of using a blanket to lazily cover the entire group.

reilo

But you haven't met every Laker fan in Portland...it sounds like you have met the obnoxious ones, which aren't only in Portland.

Now your proving my point about generalizing. If I changed a few things about your post to be:

how is that not the same things some people say when grouping people instead of fans?

I have NEVER said that racial/sex generalization = fandom generalization.

If I did, DY would be correct in saying it was stupid.

What I DID say (and have maintained this whole time) is that what IS equal is the process of using a blanket to lazily cover the entire group.

Bro, it's fucking entertainment. We make fun of Frankman for being a Knicks, Mets and Wrestling fan. That's how it should be.

Bro, it's fucking entertainment. We make fun of Frankman for being a Knicks, Mets and Wrestling fan. That's how it should be.

Perhaps we shouldn't make fun of others. NBA-Age would be a lot better off if we treated everybody with the same amount of respect that we want for ourselves. That way we could fully appreciate the sportsmanship and talent that we watch on a given night without having to put down one another.

Precisely.

You make fun of Frankman as an individual.

Perhaps we shouldn't make fun of others. NBA-Age would be a lot better off if we treated everybody with the same amount of respect that we want for ourselves. That way we could fully appreciate the sportsmanship and talent that we watch on a given night without having to put down one another.

I don't care about trash talk.

It's the best part of the thread.

I care about grouping, as I've stated ad nausem--I've made my point I think.

It's going in circles now.

No. It isn't the same process.

People are born into their sex/race.

Being a fan of a team is a choice. And a choice that makes a statement. There is no statement being made when someone is born black/white/brown. Thats the difference.

Precisely.

You make fun of Frankman as an individual.

I don't care about trash talk.

It's the best part of the thread.

I care about grouping, as I've stated ad nausem--I've made my point I think.

It's going in circles now.

What does it matter if we group eachother as 'Lakers fans' or 'Knicks fans'. Come on bro. It's not that serious.

No. It isn't the same process.

People are born into their sex/race.

Being a fan of a team is a choice. And a choice that makes a statement. There is no statement being made when someone is born black/white/brown. Thats the difference.

What are you even saying?

Are you purposely being obtuse or genuinely don't understand?

The process of grouping is the same.

Regardless of if I'm a Laker fan or not, the grouping is the issue and would still be with or without me.

No one is saying being a fan of <team> is the same as being <minority>.

I'm saying the process of throwing everyone into a group is the same.

Top Bottom