• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

what do you mean yal

he doesn't even get that by "not being like the rest" he's substantiating the fact that the group exists in his mind too

Covered:

Of course I'm aware that the stereotypes exist.

I encounter shit like this IRL taking about the Lakers and whatnot. People like to generalize saying like, all Laker fans are bandwagon, all Laker fans love Kobe unconditionally, all Laker fans are ignorant of the sport, Laker fans are fake, blah blah blah. I'm sure other fans get griefed the exact same way too--this isn't a Laker exclusive thing. It is all based in making sweeping generalizations.

Also, I'm saying that most don't fit that mold just because there is a vocal minority that make you think otherwise.

Again. The post I keep referring to.

For the record - this is what struck me as false equivalency at the top tier. Its bullshit bro. I'm telling you because I care.

And immediately I clarified and told you that the process of making blanket statements to describe a group of people is exactly the same.

And yet you continue to try and argue that post in isolation...

Let's try this, shall we. Here's a post from Black Mamba:

Who the fuck cares if Laker fans are being generalized?

Seriously this isn't shit worth being upset or even annoyed by.

Laker fans get generalized. As do many other fans. Deal with it.

Now, by changing a few words...

Who the fuck cares if <racial group/sex> are being generalized?

Seriously this isn't shit worth being upset or even annoyed by.

<racial group/sex> get generalized. As do many other <racial group/sex>. Deal with it.

Bingo.

Like I said, the process of generalizing is the exact same, even though the results are not comparable.

No we don't lol. I constantly group him with other Knicks fans and he gets pissed off every single time.
Because you're an equal opportunity troll with no grum-baaa.
Lol frankman
You find your grandma's chain yet? Or when you visit her you wear an ascot like Fred in Scooby-Doo?
Here's the best way that I can describe Frankman...he's the guy who looks up and gets pissed when someone randomly yells, "hey, asshole!" on a crowded street.
Here's the best way that I can describe you... I can't, I never met you so I try not to make sweeping generalizations. Outside of you being Mormon, and I ain't touching that stereotype. Been covered by seemingly everyone here.

You must be a very insecure and possibly evil person to try and project stuff on another guy. I will look to my God and pray for your soul.

Comparing races and sexes to sports fandom is fucking stupid and you should feel bad for even pointing it out.

Get your draws out from up your ass and deal with it like other fans do.

Then you acknowledge that you do it just like everyone else here.

Duh.

Do what?

Acknowledge that there are people that fit your stereotype in some ways?

Sure.

Do I bundle them up and make blanket statements about them?

No.

<fan> represents <fan>, not "<fan>-Age" as a collective.

Because you're an equal opportunity troll with no grum-baaa.

You find your grandma's chain yet? Or when you visit her you wear an ascot like Fred in Scooby-Doo?

Here's the best way that I can describe you... I can't, I never met you so I try not to make sweeping generalizations. Outside of you being Mormon, and I ain't touching that stereotype. Been covered by seemingly everyone here.

You must be a very insecure and possibly evil person to try and project stuff on another guy. I will look to my God and pray for your soul.

<3

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Around the Horn just did a segment on the Deandre dunk on Brandon Knight.

All of them are bitchmade except Bomani Jones.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't see the point of doubling down on shit like that...

but whatever
Around the Horn just did a segment on the Deandre dunk on Brandon Knight.

All of them are bitchmade except Bomani Jones.

I saw that shit.

Only Bomani kept it real.

giri

neolakes was a direct result of vag and a few other Lakersage members.

There's like 4 of us. Sup Nori.

Nori's ok and all, but he doesn't like meatballs.

And i'm pretty sure that makes him a bad person.

are YOU ok with that?

I saw that shit.

Only Bomani kept it real.

explain?

I don't mind the hype over the dunk, but knight shouldn't be perma clowned on, he did what was the best basketball play really.

Dont be mad that you got beat down in Warhawk by my wife. Its ok. You begin to enjoy it after awhile :(
Have you stopped beating her as well?

grant_g_sternd_576.jpg

Here we go again...

<sigh>

using a word like "process" to try and detach yourself from a real comparison looks silly to the rest of us.

What matters, however, is that "process" is sort of the point of sports and the opposite of proper human relations so your argument makes little sense on multiple levels.

Jeff-DSA

Duuuuude, I'm just making a joke. I didn't even say anything bad about wrestling this time.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
So I mostly lurk and I'll go right back to that in a second, but I spotted this on NBA.com and wanted to share:

WEgwgro.png

No one else thinks this looks a little odd? No? OK.

using a word like "process" to try and detach yourself from a real comparison looks silly to the rest of us.

What matters, however, is that "process" is sort of the point of sports and the opposite of proper human relations so your argument makes little sense on multiple levels.

I'm not trying to detach from anything.

As soon as DY responded, I immediately clarified my position and have been on that since.

You may not agree with it (and that is fine) but I made my point clear:

Not a fan of grouping people all into one neat little group whether it's regarding something like sports or something more important like say race/sex.

I'm not a fan of blanket assignments of people/group, assigning characteristics to them all. Call out individuals if you want.--that is the only thing that you should take away from all of this back and forth that has gone nowhere at all.

I'm not trying to detach from anything.

As soon as DY responded, I immediately clarified my position and have been on that since.

You may not agree with it (and that is fine) but I made my point clear:

Not a fan of grouping people all into one neat little group whether it's regarding something like sports or something more important like say race/sex.

I'm not a fan of blanket assignments of people/group, assigning characteristics to them all. Call out individuals if you want.--that is the only thing that you should take away from all of this back and forth that has gone nowhere at all.

So if people said "How are people in SoCal" you would be all "NO MAN I WON'T GENERALIZE" instead of saying "fairly laid back" or something of that ilk.

BTW, forget Dy, I'm responding to you changing my post.

Nobody is beating the Heat. I also think that San Antonio is fool's gold yet again. The Spurs will be competitive in the playoffs, but they'll have a series where a younger team will outrun them or they'll have a series where the three isn't falling and they'll be toast.

So if people said "How are people in SoCal" you would be all "NO MAN I WON'T GENERALIZE" instead of saying "fairly laid back" or something of that ilk.

BTW, forget Dy, I'm responding to you changing my post.

What?

If someone asked me that (being from LA) I'd likely say, "It varies where you go."

If they wanted more specific than that, I'd speak to my experiences where I lived.

I certainly wouldn't say they're"laid back" cause all Angelenos are hardly described that way.

Some but not all.

Cloving remember that month where I didn't give you any shit, and treated you like my equal? Yeah, made you my #2 and everything

Then you betrayed me in cold blood

I've come to the conclusion that you like the pain.

I remember that and then you disappeared when the Spurs got swept! I have come to the conclusion that you just come here when the Spurs have the best record in the league!

i wouldn't want to be here when the Lakers are in the gutter either

Top Bottom