• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Redshirting as a Junior because you can't beat out Sacre is kind of terrifying though.

Amen, he looks too much like Morrison for my tastes as well. But I agree with Faze though there isn't much separation between the 4th and 10th pick. I'm starting to think we're going to draft Marcus Smart too, so the odds are decent that one of Shabazz or Noel could drop to the 5th spot or so.

Edit: I'm sure we're going to do our due diligence on Noel's knee, but for a guy that relies so much on athleticism and hustle it's REALLY hard to justify the risk. Especially since he hurt that knee before and had tendonitis in it earlier in the season.

Being an unathletic white SF who's expected to defend athletic freaks is a lot different than being a 7 footer with the sort of skill and touch Olynyk has though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Being an unathletic white SF who's expected to defend athletic freaks is a lot different than being a 7 footer with the sort of skill and touch Olynyk has though.
Adam Morrison's defense isn't why he dropped out the league.

All his skill didn't do shit when guys were twice as fast as what he was used to.

I think Marcus Smart is number one on a lot of team's boards. I'm not in love with his fit, but I'm confident that there are several teams that would give up a fair bit to get him-Orlando, Sacramento, and Utah chief among them.

Why do people like Smart?

Terrible shooting percentages, TS%, ORTG, not a great athlete, terribad turnover percentage...what

There are a lot of things to like. He's elite at getting to the line and he hits them at 78%, which is a pretty good percentage for a frosh. He's a great rebounder, a fantastic on ball defender, and he creates well for his teammates. He's got all the intangibles you want out of a point too. And he gets better when the game is on the line, he has fantastic clutch stats.

Smokey

Vanessa Bryant instagram'd kobes ankle

http://instagram.com/p/W06LtfGIa4/

acIqxEE.jpg

This is exactly what my ankle looked like except it happened to me on a standard rebound and not from a goon. Was in a boot for a while. Dat pain man.

IWMTB:

Be honest, you would rather have Jimmer than Foye, huh?

Yes. Jimmer at least has some dribbling and passing ability.

What bust will the Timberwolves be taking with like the 7th pick?

Shabazz Muhammad seems like a good fit for a Kahn pick. Tons of media hype, extremely limited basketball skill, no defense. Kind of similar to the Johnson, Flynn, and Williams' picks. Shabazz doesn't smile much, but he does give good interviews and probably has a good handshake. Then again, Michael Carter-Williams is from Syracuse...

At one point, I felt that Durant had a small chance at winning the MVP, but there's no way now. 20 game winning streak. During that streak, teams have decided to double and trap Lebron. Lebron's numbers have dropped as a result, but Bosh and Wade have blown up.

whenever i play in my rec league and you get those fake tough guys talking shit, i always get the urge to bruce bowen them. but then i consider the karmatic consequences and decide it might be best not to.

DY_nasty

whenever i play in my rec league and you get those fake tough guys talking shit, i always get the urge to bruce bowen them. but then i consider the karmatic consequences and decide it might be best not to.
Playing dirty is a skill.

Anyone can goon. Making it look like a good basketball play is what makes the difference.

Its how guys like Dahntay flourish in the league.

Why do people like Smart?

Terrible shooting percentages, TS%, ORTG, not a great athlete, terribad turnover percentage...what

huge for position (likely will be the strongest point guard in the NBA from day one), excellent motor and defensive instincts, awesome at getting to the line, fantastic rebounder, good form on his jumper and can score in a number of ways

his TS% is 53.8 which is okay for a freshman guard, by comparison Shabazz's TS% is only .2 higher and all he does is score points whereas Smart does tons of other things. Smart also started the season off shooting very poorly from the field where I believe he had only one game where he shot above 45% or something, since conference play began he's been much much better and as a result he's lead a mostly awful OK State team to a Top 15 ranking

lol

so you wanna be a thug but don't?

lol no, i feel like the universe would answer back by rupturing my other acl or something. it'd be like getting road rage after someone cuts you off, and when you try to get back at them by cutting them off, you end up rear ending someone or causing an accident.

it's like, dude you play in a ymca rec league in the suburbs, you don't deserve to be talking shit like you're sooo gangsta.

Playing dirty is a skill.

Anyone can goon. Making it look like a good basketball play is what makes the difference.

Its how guys like Dahntay flourish in the league.

jones is another one of those guys you dont want to play against but you'd be glad to have him on your team to pull some bush league play at a timely opportunity.

Hendo can play dirty too. He can do a lot of things really, but he isn't consistent. I can't blame him too much though, it's hard to play hard every night when you know your team is tanking.

snack

lol no, i feel like the universe would answer back by rupturing my other acl or something. it'd be like getting road rage after someone cuts you off, and when you try to get back at them by cutting them off, you end up rear ending someone or causing an accident.

it's like, dude you play in a ymca rec league in the suburbs, you don't deserve to be talking shit like you're sooo gangsta.

jones is another one of those guys you dont want to play against but you'd be glad to have him on your team to pull some bush league play at a timely opportunity.

hahaha yeee

DY_nasty

Hendo can play dirty too. He can do a lot of things really, but he isn't consistent. I can't blame him too much though, it's hard to play hard every night when you know your team is tanking.
I'm not making excuses for Henderson anymore - for his play and consistency.

Larry Brown robbed him of a rookie year, then had him thinking that the only thing he was able to do was play defense and shoot from the right elbow (which he was good at but...) the way he was jerked around and shit on kept his growth extremely limited. He had offensive creativity at first, but there's no place for that in a LB offense.

Then MJ tried to talk him into being a 20ppg a night guy. That's what made him into the sporadic, inconsistent bipolar idiot on the court with more athleticism than he can put to use. I thought there would've been a turning point with his development when Silas came in but that whole saga was an attempt to save DJ.

Hope the best for his future endeavors.

Jeff-DSA

Last day at my job today. Co-workers took me to lunch yesterday and then we had a pinata. I'm serious about that second part.

I'm super productive today, as I'm sure most people are when they're hours from leaving their place of employment for good.

I feel like Raja Bell all of last season.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Now I'm not saying that this athlete has not used drugs.
But I have always found it amusing how easily some people throw that judgment at an athlete.
No one is talking about how he got that big. Just that he is a beast.

Top Bottom