• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
We are fucked going into the playoffs.

Remember how I said not to compare STAT's recent moves and game to the Dreams?

Basketball gods shitted on you for that one. Don't worry now that you don't live in NY any longer you can be converted to that Florida team :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Time the fuck out.

When did this shit happen?

I think when he started playing well and started showing off some of Dreams moves... I never watch the Knicks games (so I have no clue if STAT actually was doing Dream stuff), but he said it looks like Dream taught him well and is using some of his moves... something like that. I don't recall it all, I just know I gave Alphasnake a hard time about it and said never mention Dream when talking about him.

Pau Gasol will return soon from torn plantar fascia in his right foot. The only game he ruled out was Friday at Indiana.

"Everything else is possible. I'm not going to hold myself back if I think I'm ready to play," Gasol said Wednesday. "There's not many games left in the season and every game will be valuable to us.

He will also be a starter.

Gasol was essentially coming off the bench when he was injured, though he had started a few games while Dwight Howard dealt with a torn labrum in his shoulder.

Gasol will return to the starting lineup next week in place of struggling Earl Clark, unless conditioning reasons force him to come off the bench for a game or two, an unlikely event.

Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni doesn't want to repeat the distractions caused by Gasol's demotion to reserve status, according to a person familiar with the situation.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53295

Pau confirmed to play next week and will start.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Melo says he will get knee drained in NY "to get to the bottom of this" and is uncertain when he will return to action.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Looks like a lot of developments tonight.

Kobe's out (1-2 weeks at least).

Chandler's out (no idea how long, but with an ailing Melo and busted Amare, they done)

Clippers got clipped (shut up, I had to) and are now holding down the fourth seed.

Utah is still tanking for LA when no one's asking them to.

linsivvi, are you prepared for the possibility of Chris Wallace winning executive of the year because of Hollinger's moves while Hollinger's other favorite team (the Nuggets) surges to 55 wins despite an 18-16 start to the season?

exarkun

Scola got a standing-O tonight in Houston. My fam said they cheered when he scored his first basket. And they played a video tribute of him when he was introduced.

Thats how you fucking treat a former player. It was sad to see him go, and one of the few "stars" from the old team who would walk around on season ticket night just randomly signing shit. I know its not much, but very nice dude.

Matrix

Scola got a standing-O tonight in Houston. My fam said they cheered when he scored his first basket. And they played a video tribute of him when he was introduced.

Thats how you fucking treat a former player. It was sad to see him go, and one of the few "stars" from the old team who would walk around on season ticket night just randomly signing shit. I know its not much, but very nice dude.

He deserved it. Loved him as a Rocket... flopping and all.

I swear we just continue to cycle a fixed guy out for a broken one.

feels like it.

I can't recall a season for the lakers with so many key injuries.

ibuJI4qMKYeGBs.gif

Fuck anyone who defends Jones. It is obvious he did it intentionally. That is not a natural defensive move. If it was against Danny Green instead of Kobe, no one would defend it.

giri

You people are as bad as fucking ESPN.

Grizz just beat the clippers in the best game of the night and you're talking about kobe and melo?

Grizz have now won 14 of their last 15. Only game they lost was to miami @ miami.

They're shaping up pretty well after their initial emo period post-gay.

Fuck anyone who defends Jones. It is obvious he did it intentionally. That is not a natural defensive move. If it was against Danny Green instead of Kobe, no one would defend it.

Hardly.

It's bad because that action happens regularly and guys should be suspended for it. I don't think that that one in particular was as deliberate as you'd like to make it out to be. There's no second move of the foot to be directly under, he just jumped in that direction. There's been far more blatant ones than that.

It's all in how you leave, i.e. treat the fans right--don't trash them.

Amare got a warm reception when he returned to Phoenix for the first time.

Even Lamar Odom got a standing ovation his first time back @ Staples as a member of the Dallas Mavericks.

PBY

Banned
The Heat’s Chris Andersen knocked down a feathery 20-foot jumper from the top of the circle as part of a 10-point, five rebound performance. “I don’t know how I feel about that,” Spoelstra said of the shot choice. “But I like everything else.”

Lolol

10/5 is fucking great tho.

giri

Amare got a warm reception when he returned to Phoenix for the first time.

Well, no one blames amare for taking guaranteed money.

On the contract sarver put in front of him, he wouldn't be getting paid if he missed this many games, in years 4 and 5 of that deal. And he probably will.

feels like it.

I can't recall a season for the lakers with so many key injuries.

ibuJI4qMKYeGBs.gif

no one would care if it happened to danny green because nobody would overreact as much

kobe sank a deep three over jones the prior possession, jones was just doing what he had to do to help his team win; kobe landed awkwardly but he'll be fine

Well, no one blames amare for taking guaranteed money.

On the contract sarver put in front of him, he wouldn't be getting paid if he missed this many games, in years 4 and 5 of that deal. And he probably will.

He also took out a full page in the Phoenix newspaper graciously thanking the fans on his way out. (Shaq did the same thing in LA AFTER taking shots at the fans and calling them fake)

Stuff like that matters.

pilonv1

Thats how you fucking treat a former player.

Monta Ellis got a huge ovation when the Bucks returned last week. Epke Udoh got polite applause.

Mike Dunleavy, who hasn't played with the Warriors since January 2007 was booed unmercifully in the same game

Top Bottom