• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There is no excuse considering Kobe faded back 3 feet and Jones jumps forward enough to still land in Kobe's path.

Fox318

Concept for the Seattle Arena

ceOxiCW.png

UZkr2CB.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFe4OVuCXZo&feature=player_embedded

More pictures

Hopefully they have the arena set up for hockey too.

Vahagn

They do. But given that the Sonics will own the place, I don't know how enticing it will really be for an NHL team.

Those don't look like your typical boxes or suites. It looks like a table with 4 chairs. Are people going to have restaurant style seating available instead of standard suites? That's pretty trippy

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I assume that the owner group wants a part of an NHL team as well

Everything I've read indicates that Ballmer and Hansen aren't personally interested in owning a hockey team, but they made the arena up to NHL spec in case somebody else wanted to own a team.

Simmons power is in the fact that he generates a lot of page clicks for the network. i.e. he has a ton of casual followers.

Yeah he's one of the very few guys at ESPN where if he left, he'd leave a big void at ESPN and bring a huge following to wherever he goes

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Everything I've read indicates that Ballmer and Hansen aren't personally interested in owning a hockey team, but they made the arena up to NHL spec in case somebody else wanted to own a team.
And to get some rent money

Simmons getting gagged lulz

he was getting visibly frustrated on air one time when trying to explain to Magic that Rudy Gay sucked and that him getting traded was addition via subtraction. Magic basically called him a nerd who doesn't know anything.

Blackace

he was getting visibly frustrated on air one time when trying to explain to Magic that Rudy Gay sucked and that him getting traded was addition via subtraction. Magic basically called him a nerd who doesn't know anything.

one of those rare times where they both were correct

Vahagn

as a fellow nerd who doesn't know anything, did that make you all excited inside? Like "Take that Magic!"

werent you supposed to be studying

I can be easily distracted. And the "Troll Me" Sign flashing on Salt Blaster's post was too damn shiny!

giri

They got partial public grant money for this, didn't they? or were given the land? it was just as likely one of the conditions that it covered the NHL too so they didn't have to build yet another stadium.

Blackace

as a fellow nerd who doesn't know anything, did that make you all excited inside? Like "Take that Magic!"

I can be easily distracted. And the "Troll Me" Sign flashing on Salt Blaster's post was too damn shiny!

huh?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Carmelo Anthony had his right knee drained today in New York and is questionable for Sunday's game against the Clippers, the team says.

Mahonay

Banned
If Dallas can win this game against the Spurs tonight, I think it will be huge for their current momentum swinging towards the positive. Glad to see them starting to turn it around. Kind of last moment, but better late than never.

If things keep going the way they are, my money is on the Mavs taking that 8th spot. Between Utah looking like total and complete ass, and the Kobe injury for the Lakers.

mhi

Knicks are in trouble if they have to play CHI or BOS in the first round.

Also, I could see the Lakers play better without Kobe. Nash+Howard pick n roll till the wheels fall off.

Mahonay

Banned
Also, I could see the Lakers play better without Kobe. Nash+Howard pick n roll till the wheels fall off.
That's what people thought they'd be doing from day one. If D'Antoni finally wakes the fuck up, maybe. Otherwise expect more of the same, but with no Kobe to score half of the points.

Honestly I'd love to see the Lakers suddenly turn it on. But I see that as highly doubtful right now.

giri

So i got bored, and started looking at winning % of East teams, versus the western conference, and it's pretty shameful

Based on their win%, the east 2- 8 seeds would not even be in the top 5 out west

Code:
East Seed	West Seed
IND	2	6
NYK	3	7
BKN	4	12
CHI	5	12
BOS	6	7
ATL	7	7
MIL	8	12

And 3 of them not even in the top 11 teams. :|

exarkun

This has been getting to be more and more apparent when he directly talks to Magic or when Wilbon goes on his "slob the knob" routine for any superstar or chicago player. At least simmons jokes about his love of the celts, think he doesn't like how explicit Wilbon is about it.

are the knicks trying to kill their players?

But, considering Tyson Chandler has already said that he'll be fine to play tonight despite his own knee injury and that he "doesn't want it examined," a logical person has to ask: Who in the world is in charge of determining if players are hurt over there? It's not Dr. Tyson Chandler, after all. In sports, athletes always want to play, even when their bodies aren't allowing them to. It is the job of doctors to tell them they can't, to know what is better for them than they do. This is why doctors exist.

Apparently the Knicks have switched this. If a player thinks he can play, he does. This is the sort of mind-set that ends up with your three most important players out with knee injuries.

apparently, woodson is also "worried" about carmelo. should have gotten your damn knee drained a week ago

i also have a nagging feeling that tyson is gonna fuck up that knee even more. i hope im wrong.

giri

are the knicks trying to kill their players?

apparently, woodson is also "worried" about carmelo. should have gotten your damn knee drained a week ago

i also have a nagging feeling that tyson is gonna fuck up that knee even more. i hope im wrong.

But laker fans were telling me players are the only ones who should be involved in whether or not a player should play!!!!!!!!!

The knicks FO is still horrible if they're not controlling their players properly.

Blackace

This has been getting to be more and more apparent when he directly talks to Magic or when Wilbon goes on his "slob the knob" routine for any superstar or chicago player. At least simmons jokes about his love of the celts, think he doesn't like how explicit Wilbon is about it.

Please.. Simmons the biggest Boston fanboy on the planet

Top Bottom