• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Now I'm not saying that this athlete has not used drugs.
But I have always found it amusing how easily some people throw that judgment at an athlete.
No one is talking about how he got that big. Just that he is a beast.

It's still real to you, damn it

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Now I'm not saying that this athlete has not used drugs.
But I have always found it amusing how easily some people throw that judgment at an athlete.
No one is talking about how he got that big. Just that he is a beast.

anecdotal words here: the biggest freak athlete in our college freshman gym at osu was afraid to start drinking protein shakes because he wanted to be natural

Looks like Melo is getting his knee drained.

Is the first time he's gotten it done?

I'm surprised he's been as durable as he has been given he's never been in the greatest shape ever.

Nori Chan

amwjoo-ceaakuc32.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Laron Landry , safety in the NFL

Even has Bron blushing

he sucks doe

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
anecdotal words here: the biggest freak athlete in our college freshman gym at osu was afraid to start drinking protein shakes because he wanted to be natural

Oh for sure. I had an employee that wound up being top five fastest humans in Canada for a short period and was later a member of our Olympic bobsled program and he was so cautious with supplements that he wouldn't even take creatine. I actually used to get him batch test results for all the protein he used to ensure he didnt accidently take something that would screw up his life.
Most would assume he had chemical help by looking at him and would most definitely think that after they saw him sprint.

devilhawk

I thought the NBA was going to call the offensive foul on the Reggie/Wade leg kick jump shot? Seems pretty blatant that is what Kobe did regardless of what Jones did.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I thought the NBA was going to call the offensive foul on the Reggie/Wade leg kick jump shot? Seems pretty blatant that is what Kobe did regardless of what Jones did.

I thought the discussion was about whether or not Kobe had a safe spot to land.

It was pretty awesome that On NBAtv last night Jalen Rose admitted what he did to Kobe in the past and confirmed that Jones did the same thing.

devilhawk

I thought the discussion was about whether or not Kobe had a safe spot to land.

It was pretty awesome that On NBAtv last night Jalen Rose admitted what he did to Kobe in the past and confirmed that Jones did the same thing.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Kobe kicked out his leg first, however.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Reggie Miller started to get that called on him towards the end.

You ever see the episode of Open Court where they ask Reggie if he did the kick on purpose and he laughingly admitted to it? Loved that.
It made it even better that Shaq refused to admit that he ever through his elbows into defenders faces when turning to shoot. He said he was just going for his shot, if contact happened it was never deliberate.

Looks like Melo is getting his knee drained.

Is the first time he's gotten it done?

I'm surprised he's been as durable as he has been given he's never been in the greatest shape ever.
First time. Keep in mind he's a little over 6'8; at his size he's in much better shape than people think regarding his quickness/speed. His conditioning has been up and down.

First time. Keep in mind he's a little over 6'8; at his size he's in much better shape than people think regarding his quickness/speed. His conditioning has been up and down.

Sure he's quick. But that's not the point. He has excessive fat, eventually it was bound to hurt his joints.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Mike_Bresnahan
NBA expected to send out a release in which it says a foul should have been called and two shots awarded on the Kobe-Dahntay Jones play.

Mike_Bresnahan
No other punitive action expected to be taken by the league for Kobe-Dahntay Jones play (fine, retroactive flagrant foul, etc.).

SamuraiX-

sVywZ3c.png

Now if only they could do something about having Dahntay Jones thrown the fuck out of this league. One of the dirtiest and most shameless fucks in NBA history. Bruce Bowen and Zeke are probably blushing after watching that last play in the Lakers game from last night.

Mike_Bresnahan
No other punitive action expected to be taken by the league for Kobe-Dahntay Jones play (fine, retroactive flagrant foul, etc.).

And with the NBA consistently bitching out of assigning proper punishment for situations like these, fuckers like Jones are just going to continue to get away with blatant injury attempts.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The kickout leg on Kobe's part is a mute point since Jones was never hit by that kickout and Jones moved sixteen feet into Kobe.

devilhawk

It sure looks like once Kobe's leg reaches hip height the foot turns and the leg moves sideways. Probably is second nature to Kobe. Doesn't mean that Jones didn't undercut his foot however.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It sure looks like once Kobe's leg reaches hip height the foot turns and the leg moves sideways. Probably is second nature to Kobe. Doesn't mean that Jones didn't undercut his foot however.

Are you trying to say that Kobe tries to move his leg sideways and points his toe towards Jones in an attempt to make contact?
Can you even make a guess at the amount of premeditated muscle control you would need to move your leg in any direction other than the force of momentum while taking that shot?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

It moves sideways because he's in motion.

The leg kick that was banned from the league was to stop guys from going straight up and throwing their legs in all directions as defenders raced off of screens to cover them were left with no area at all as they attempted to contest.

Kobe's body has to move that way in order to jump backwards coming out of a drive. Dahntay saw it - and walked WAY into him. He knew what Kobe was trying to do and defended how he wanted to. By being a goon.

Vahagn

Yea what Kobe did wasn't a kickout. When you fade going right and have to twist your body from facing parallel to the hoop as you're driving to actually facing the hoop all in one motion, your right leg kicks out like that. Watch any Michel Jordan or Kobe Bryant fadeaway mix on you tube. They literally do it on practically every shot. It's a momentum thing.

Edit: This one shows it better

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ESPN has suspended Simmons from Twitter for a few days after he called the Skip Bayless-Richard Sherman First Take meltdown last week awful and embarrassing. An ESPN source told me that the tweets violated ESPN's social media guidelines; Simmons was told to lie low for a few days. He hasn't tweeted since Monday, and he'll apparently be allowed to return to Twitter tomorrow, making it a three-day hiatus. An ESPN spokesman declined comment, and Simmons didn't respond to an email.

Here are two tweets that got him into trouble. "Nobody won," he wrote. "Everyone lost. Including ESPN." Big words, and the tweets felt like a flashpoint for a show that's used to withering criticism, but not from ESPN's own—and certainly not from Simmons, one of the most powerful guys at the network.

http://deadspin.com/espn-suspends-bill-simmons-from-twitter-after-em-first-453717304

And with the NBA consistently bitching out of assigning proper punishment for situations like these, fuckers like Jones are just going to continue to get away with blatant injury attempts.

The only solution in situations like this is to suspend the goon until the guy he injured gets back on to the court. Is that simple.

It's a shame the NBA doesn't even think about it.

Top Bottom