• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

“It sucks. It was 70 (Lakers fans) – 30 (Pacers fans) out there. These are the same people that wants autographs after the game. We’re out there in the community. We’re doing our job, doing what we’re supposed to do on and off the court. Something has to change. I tip my hat to this team. We’ve been trouble free. Been out in the community shaking hands, we’re winning. It shouldn’t feel like an away game, especially with an important like this. Tonight, that’s what it felt like.”

“They always say your fans are your sixth man and you feed off that energy. Energy is down and we turn the ball over and we’re hearing cheers. We’re missing shots and we’re hearing cheers. That kind of brings your head down cause you know you’re at home. It shouldn’t be like that. Now we see how it is. We have to move forward, don’t worry about. Stay focus on what’s in this locker room and don’t worry about the rest.”

“(We’re) not a team that’s in the bottom in the East. We’re one of the top three teams in the East. We’re winning the Central Division and it should show. Right now it’s not and it’s been all season long where it’s not showing and I don’t think there’s nothing else we can do as an organization and as players. Now it’s up to the community.”

George Hill sounds mad.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Miami's best competition in their conference just got piped by Steve Blake and Jamison.....

How is this even fair? Contract that fucking conference already. smfh

Should have stayed in San Antonio bro. lol
It's honestly not that much better in SA. Not to the same degree... but close enough

And I don't blame him for going off either. When your team is doing well you gotta show up to big games. Although, to be fair to the fans.. Indiana are frauds in a fraud conference going into a fraud playoffs to job to the Miami Heat.

Real talk, that's basically all the East is at this point- a bunch of Heat jobbers.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Wat?

You asked the question and I answered...not sure why sarcastic...

YNEnr2naOQU.gif

linsivvi

he gets paid whether 1 fan shows up or 10,000 show up...

Not in the long run, no.

Bandwagon fans would become irrelevant if the Pacers could sell enough season tickets, but it's obvious that they can't. And since this is not a one time occurrence, the continual existence of bandwagon fans allowed him to get paid at the current level.

The other solution is to lower ticket price such that more local fans would go to games, but that will lead to lower player salaries as well.

Win streak started in Toronto, will it end there? Bron's shooting streak started there as well.

edi:Dwade says that sanders butt block was the scariest moment of his career. Thought he had a concussion.

Vestal

Indeed, hopefully they aren't blowing their load now.

But nonetheless, I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I don't think they are. If you remember the playoffs they are not playing high energy defense wire to wire. They are doing it like last year with that big 3rd quarter defensive swarm. Difference this year is that they actually have a solid offense, and IMO the birdman has been a huge boost with his energy for our second unit on the defensive side

Not in the long run, no.

Bandwagon fans would become irrelevant if the Pacers could sell enough season tickets, but it's obvious that they can't. And since this is not a one time occurrence, the continual existence of bandwagon fans allowed him to get paid at the current level.

The other solution is to lower ticket price such that more local fans would go to games, but that will lead to lower player salaries as well.

Pacers tickets are ridiculously cheap, that excuse is bullshit. They have deals on all the time, there's a whole article on Yahoo sports about the writer taking his family of four to the game for 118 bucks. He included the price of gas, (he lives two hours away from the arena) parking, and concession fees. Ticket prices arent the problem in Indianapolis.

edit:

Coach Nick breaks down the Grizz/Clippers game from the other night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qcatpytPI
The Grizz's offensive rating went up 5 points since the Gay trade

charsace

Miami's best competition in their conference just got piped by Steve Blake and Jamison.....

How is this even fair? Contract that fucking conference already. smfh

It's honestly not that much better in SA. Not to the same degree... but close enough

And I don't blame him for going off either. When your team is doing well you gotta show up to big games. Although, to be fair to the fans.. Indiana are frauds in a fraud conference going into a fraud playoffs to job to the Miami Heat.

Real talk, that's basically all the East is at this point- a bunch of Heat jobbers.

The Doctors should have contracted you right after your birth.

Pretty good? There's only been 2 better! It doesn't get much better than that. Face it:yet another example of 'Lebron does what Jordon't.'

hahaha. See folks, people already pushing Jeff aside and crowning the faux king as the legit King. In a few years you too will be treated with lolz talking about 'back in my day' when you try and argue MJ was the greatest. The kiddies now adays have already decided to force LeBron as the GOAT, even with one ring.

hahaha. See folks, people already pushing Jeff aside and crowning the faux king as the legit King. In a few years you too will be treated with lolz talking about 'back in my day' when you try and argue MJ was the greatest. The kiddies now adays have already decided to force LeBron as the GOAT, even with one ring.

At least we've moved onto this and are no longer having "Would you rather build around LeBron or Carmelo" or "Is LeBron a top 5 player today" debates

At least we've moved onto this and are no longer having "Would you rather build around LeBron or Carmelo" debates

Well that was a dumbass debate to begin with. We already have folks (*cough* pimp *cough*) who think that the bulls of the 90s would be decimated by the teams of the 2000s. That Hakeem would be a poor man's Dwight Howard. MJ and his era will be treated like Russell and his in a few years. Shit is shameful.

Well that was a dumbass debate to begin with. We already have folks (*cough* pimp *cough*) who think that the bulls of the 90s would be decimated by the teams of the 2000s. That Hakeem would be a poor man's Dwight Howard. MJ and his era will be treated like Russell and his in a few years. Shit is shameful.

Yeah, uh, I have never seen this uttered in any form

And I would say that Shaq's Lakers would give the Jordan Bulls a hard time, possibly win a series.

when you stop deifying the past then perhaps you'll be more open about the present

Yeah, uh, I have never seen this uttered in any form

And I would say that Shaq's Lakers would give the Jordan Bulls a hard time, possibly win a series.

when you stop deifying the past then perhaps you'll be more open about the present

You never saw it uttered because it was said in the IRC chat. Just Pimp being Pimp. I am not deifying the past but rather honoring and respecting it. Many of the fine folks here have chosen to treat the players of the past as they would D-League or college ball players of today.

There's both deifying of the past and overlooking it, but the deifying effects are much stronger.

In terms of career stats, achievement, and ability, CP3 and Oscar are probably on the same level even if you don't account for CP3 playing a much tougher era, and yet Oscar will rank much higher on all-time lists. The failures of Hakeem, Wilt, Bird, and Magic in the first half of their careers (in terms of lack of playoff success as well failures in the playoffs) has basically faded from discussion about those players whereas LeBron and other players still have those types of things held against them now.

There's both deifying of the past and overlooking it, but the deifying effects are much stronger.

In terms of career stats, achievement, and ability, CP3 and Oscar are probably on the same level even if you don't account for CP3 playing a much tougher era, and yet Oscar will rank much higher on all-time lists. The failures of Hakeem, Wilt, Bird, and Magic in the first half of their careers (in terms of lack of playoff success as well failures in the playoffs) has basically faded from discussion about those players whereas LeBron and other players still have those types of things held against them now.

Didn't Magic and Bird chip in their first and second years in the league, respectively?

One ring to rule them all. But don't you worry, he'll have more by the time he's done.

Cipherr

Was this posted? #TheThirstIsReal

I can't.... Is that an off screen photo taken of a tweet thats then run through an instagram filter?

George Hill sounds mad.

He has a right to be IMO. He is right that they aren't playing horribly, and its more than a little weird to see the crowd react like that at home.

It was the worst I had seen since that Knicks game in Toronto where Lin hit that buzzer beater.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The failures of Hakeem, Wilt, Bird, and Magic in the first half of their careers (in terms of lack of playoff success as well failures in the playoffs) has basically faded from discussion about those players whereas LeBron and other players still have those types of things held against them now.

Failures of Magic and Bird? Huh?
Magic went to the NBA finals 8 of his first 10 years in the league and won 5 titles during that stretch.
Bird went to the NBA finals 5 of his first 8 years in the league and won 3 titles during that time.
And Hakeem was in the finals in his 3rd season as well.

How the crap do you list these guys and then talk about their failures in the playoffs?
What are your expectations for playoff success?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pretty sure people stopped talking about Jordan's playoff failures after HE WON SIX FUCKING RINGS.

Top Bottom