• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

There were only a few bad series from both, but LeBron has only had a few bad series as well and those are considered playoff failures by most people here. Bird was swept out of the second round shooting 42% with Parish and McHale and Bird consistently shot badly in the playoffs until he was in his mid-20s.

Looking back on it makes stuff like that seem irrelevant, but LeBron losing to the Magic will probably look irrelevant in 10 or 15 years as well and is still sometimes brought up as to why he's not as great as other players who never failed ever in their retold histories.

I can't.... Is that an off screen photo taken of a tweet thats then run through an instagram filter?

He has a right to be IMO. He is right that they aren't playing horribly, and its more than a little weird to see the crowd react like that at home.

It was the worst I had seen since that Knicks game in Toronto where Lin hit that buzzer beater.

Yeah but he needs to understand that they are playing the Lakers. they are one of few franchises where you'll get a lot of opposing fans to come out...not sure why he picked that game to flip about.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There were only a few bad series from both, but LeBron has only had a few bad series as well and those are considered playoff failures by most people here. Bird was swept out of the second round shooting 42% with Parish and McHale and Bird consistently shot badly in the playoffs until he was in his mid-20s.

Looking back on it makes stuff like that seem irrelevant, but LeBron losing to the Magic will probably look irrelevant in 10 or 15 years as well and is still sometimes brought up as to why he's not as great as other players who never failed ever in their retold histories.

Isn't 42% a 5-6% improvement over what Lebron shot during some of his playoff series?

2007 versus Spurs: 35%
2008 versus Celtics: 35%
2010 versus Celtics (L3, all losses): 34%

Isn't 42% a 5-6% improvement over what Lebron shot during some of his playoff series?

2007 versus Spurs: 35%
2008 versus Celtics: 35%
2010 versus Celtics (L3, all losses): 34%

Yes, but it's still a bad and underwhelming performance and his production consistently declined a good bit from regular season to post season to start his career.

But it didn't matter and looks irrelevant now because, overall, it was. No one will care about any of LeBron's playoff losses other than maybe in 2010 to the Celtics or the Mavs in 2011. Most people won't care about Durant's failures or CP3's failures or the the failures of any player because the successes are what gets talked about unless you're David Robinson or Karl Malone.

Once the whole career of a superstar has been completed, their issues in chemistry or big shot taking or whatever seem pretty small compared to all the wins and everything else. In 2030, people will be talking about how the new superstar of the league can't be compared to LeBron or Durant because the superstar of 2030 choked in a big playoff game and the cycle will continue.

reilo

If we are going to praise Lebron for shooting 60%+ for 8 straight games or whatever it was during the regular season, we also have to acknowledge the times he was absolutely ABYSMAL during a 7-game playoff series.

You can't consistently praise Lebron for all the good (2007 vs Detroit) and then gloss over the bad (2007 vs San Antonio).

And the reason this is all important and relevant today? The world at large is calling Lebron the best ever. It's only fair that he should be scrutinized at a higher level.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It was the worst I had seen since that Knicks game in Toronto where Lin hit that buzzer beater.

I was at that game and I promise you it might have been hard to hear but for the 50 actual basketball fans in there we tried our best to boo over the Chinese population that descended upon the ACC that night. It was just impossible to be heard over them, was a damn shame but was definitely not an average Raptors crowd.

effzee

late but i laughed at George Hill being mad and salty

welp Pacers get bodied mentally so Heat sweep ;p

I remember when Iverson was playing at a MVP level each and every road game there would be a huge group of Iverson fans. Not even Sixers fans but people who just came to watch him play and embarrass someone.

Those were the days. Constant fights with Larry Brown. Good winning team. Defense.

:(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
images

GIVE HIM DA MAX

If we are going to praise Lebron for shooting 60%+ for 8 straight games or whatever it was during the regular season, we also have to acknowledge the times he was absolutely ABYSMAL during a 7-game playoff series.

You can't consistently praise Lebron for all the good (2007 vs Detroit) and then gloss over the bad (2007 vs San Antonio).

And the reason this is all important and relevant today? The world at large is calling Lebron the best ever. It's only fair that he should be scrutinized at a higher level.

fair enough, but I think the argument we're really making here though is that we can't treat the past legends like they were invincible

It's such a pointless argument anyways, gotta wait till his career is over. not that I'm saying this happens (and it won't happen) but if he reels off 6 straight titles that gets him to 7 the narrative for his career is that he was a 'choker' for 7 years in his career before becoming the ultimate winner. or maybe he has a bigger chokejob this year than in 2010, so he could be known as the guy who only did it in a lock out year. so it's just dumb to come to any conclusions about the present

Jordan's bulls were heavily contested many times even in the dynasty years (not going to count the baseball years/comeback) but they always came out on top so people rarely remember the pacers and knicks giving them a lot of trouble

Tell that to your little Miami fanbase who is ready to crown him GOAT. As great as Kobe is you will be hard pressed to find even a couple in this thread trying to argue he is greater than MJ even though he has more reason to such claim than LeBron.

DY_nasty

If you people don't start trolling properly, I'll do it for you.

I promise you ain't about that life.

thekad

Banned
Tell that to your little Miami fanbase who is ready to crown him GOAT. As great as Kobe is you will be hard pressed to find even a couple in this thread trying to argue he is greater than MJ even though he has more reason to such claim than LeBron.
Except not at all. Lebron's career has been more impressive than Kobe's already.

Canuck76

Banned

Eh, i don't really fault him for losing that one as much. Dude did have that great last second shot and the magic for a couple years there were pretty dominant offensively and defensively.

Series that really sticks out is that Boston/Cavs series year he was going to be a free agent.
He totally gave up in that series.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Eh, i don't really fault him for losing that one as much. Dude did have that great last second shot and the magic for a couple years there were pretty dominant offensively and defensively.

Series that really sticks out is that Boston/Cavs series year he was going to be a free agent.
He totally gave up in that series.

Yeah cause he was pissed that Delonte was banging his mom. I read that he told management that he wanted him off the team or to not be playing or something and they didnt cave to his requests. So he quit.
I would like to hear him one day admit that he packed it in cause he was mad.
Worst game I have ever seen him play was that blowout loss.

Yeah cause he was pissed that Delonte was banging his mom. I read that he told management that he wanted him off the team or to not be playing or something and they didnt cave to his requests. So he quit.
I would like to hear him one day admit that he packed it in cause he was mad.
Worst game I have ever seen him play was that blowout loss.

okay, did that actually happen or is it still BS speculation?

Cause I remember DURING that series, K.Jack (Cavs fan here) came here and posted something to the effect of "holy shit, I can't say where I heard this from but it is fucked up if true"

DY_nasty

Kad isn't trolling though. You know that. Kad is incapable of trolling when it comes to Kobe. He just lets the evil ooze out of his once human heart. I wouldnt be surprised if Kad believed Bron is better than Hakeem.

This is like the time when I literally told Ryu I was going to troll him, asked him if he was ready, and he still got trolled.

reilo

Kad isn't trolling though. You know that. Kad is incapable of trolling when it comes to Kobe. He just lets the evil ooze out of his once human heart. I wouldnt be surprised if Kad believed Bron is better than Hakeem.

Is there such a thing as constantly being thirsty to get trolled? Like you revel in it or some shit?

Home game tonight for the Jazz against an opponent coming off a game in Denver the previous night! Those usually go well...But this time it's the Grizzlies

D:

:((((((((((((((

DY_nasty

And you're going to for X. Plus you bought a Vita. We are brothers from another mother except I got the looks and game while you got the fame. LAME!

Word to our mothers/

The Wii U is doing so bad that exclusives might not even be exclusives anymore.

Sonic and Mario could be racing together on a Microsoft console if they keep selling worse than Bobcats games.

The Wii U is doing so bad that exclusives might not even be exclusives anymore.

Sonic and Mario could be racing together on a Microsoft console if they keep selling worse than Bobcats games.

You're going to buy it dont even try. I believe Nintendo is publishing X. No way it comes to the competition. Same with Bayonetta 2. Its ok. You don't have to play tough Nintendo hater with me. Embrace the Reggie. Love the Iwata. Accept the Mario.

I remember when Iverson was playing at a MVP level each and every road game there would be a huge group of Iverson fans. Not even Sixers fans but people who just came to watch him play and embarrass someone.

Those were the days. Constant fights with Larry Brown. Good winning team. Defense.

:(

AI got me into basketball.

and watching the Sixers (I am from Philly but still).

well he's 1/2 I guess.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
okay, did that actually happen or is it still BS speculation?

Cause I remember DURING that series, K.Jack (Cavs fan here) came here and posted something to the effect of "holy shit, I can't say where I heard this from but it is fucked up if true"

Well I don't know anyway to prove anything but the story has never changed and it is still brought up from time to time. One of those things that no one ever came out and disproved but know better than to talk about it to Bron.
I believe it. Heard enough about it from different sources to be comfortable with it being true.

effzee

AI got me into basketball.

and watching the Sixers (I am from Philly but still).

well he's 1/2 I guess.

Yeah I remember I used to just cancel all other plans for any and every game. It was an event. Never knew when he would drop 50 or be benched for missing practice.

Haven't had that feeling in forever. And probably won't for another 5 or so seasons thanks to the Bynum trade fiasco. Thanks Obama!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hahaha I just figured out what "ead" means!!!

Hahahaha I'm laughing cause I have seen it posted over the last month and never paid much attention to it.
And now it's like everytime I have seen it flashed through my mind all at once. It was like a buffet.

DY_nasty

Hahaha I just figured out what "ead" means!!!

Hahahaha I'm laughing cause I have seen it posted over the last month and never paid much attention to it.
And now it's like everytime I have seen it flashed through my mind all at once. It was like a buffet.

buffet of dicks

Top Bottom