• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Thunder only three games ahead of the Grizzlies and Nuggets now and have lost the tiebreaker to both teams. Would be interesting to see if Thunder can choke away the #2 seed.

OKC is in big trouble going forward

they're more or less maxed out as a team, Scott Brooks will likely be fired after the playoffs but they probably need to trade Ibaka while execs still think he's some defensive juggernaut. They should also tie Perkins to the Raptors pick + Jeremy Lamb and try to get a functional player too.

they're more or less maxed out as a team, Scott Brooks will likely be fired after the playoffs but they probably need to trade Ibaka while execs still think he's some defensive juggernaut. They should also tie Perkins to the Raptors pick + Jeremy Lamb and try to get a functional player too.

I doubt either Lamb or the Raptors pick have value at this point, they need to just hope Lamb is good and force Brooks to play him (or just fire Brooks).

And Lamb has a lot of talent and could be a good player as well. OKC has issues and I think they'll lose to the Spurs in the WCF, but they're still a +9.1 differential team.

Thunder only three games ahead of the Grizzlies and Nuggets now and have lost the tiebreaker to both teams. Would be interesting to see if Thunder can choke away the #2 seed.

theyll just overwhelm a team that plays bad D, like Houston or LA. the second round will be interesting for them though. I wonder if Brooks gets fired if they lose in the conference semis. team desperately needs a better coach, the way he manages the team in crunch time smacks of ineptitude. all i saw were iso plays.

Like I said, I think well see big changes in okc or sas if either miss the finals.

Kevin O'Connor says the Jazz's bad defense is from youth and inexperience, time to use dark magic to make sure he isn't involved at all in free agency this year.

theyll just overwhelm a team that plays bad D, like Houston or LA. the second round will be interesting for them though. I wonder if Brooks gets fired if they lose in the conference semis. team desperately needs a better coach, the way he manages the team in crunch time smacks of ineptitude. all i saw were iso plays.

They'll definitely win their first-round series, but I don't think they want to give HCA to the Nuggets or Grizzlies in the second round.

BobLoblaw

Banned

They really are. Anyone thinking they can come out of the west again are just fooling themselves. My guess is it'll be the Spurs, Grizz, or Nuggets (wildcard). Clippers are like fourth on the list. Hopefully the Grizz can keep the 3 seed because the rest of our games this month are all winnable (and I want no part of the Nuggets). Big test with the Spurs on 4/1.

are you still guaranteed at least the 4th spot if you win the division

still think Denver can beat the Clippers in the 1st round even without hca

giri

Anyone doubting OKC can come out of the west is just fear mongering.

OKC can come out. But so can the grizz and SAS. those are the 3 i think are most likely.

OKC obviously aren't as good as last year though.

Also, OKC should be trying to trade YNB with Perkins.

YNB & Perk for ... Harden & Asik?

Eh, they're a poor away team. They'll need some impressive away victories before they are taken that seriously.

they just won in OKC on a b2b with the previous game going to OT, that's impressive as fuck

their poor road record is a little inflated because of how slow they started the year, losses in Philadelphia and Orlando lulz

Anyone doubting OKC can come out of the west is just fear mongering.

OKC can come out. But so can the grizz and SAS. those are the 3 i think are most likely.

OKC obviously aren't as good as last year though.

Also, OKC should be trying to trade YNB with Perkins.

YNB & Perk for ... Harden & Asik?

They can win the West, they just won't beat the Heat.

God-mode Durant can get them to the Finals. But he can't win it alone.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
wt the heat came back? refs? oh they played the cavs

btw did yall see that cp3 flop? fucking shameful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3SOCNxCzb1I

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27638-1363792783-0.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Eh, they're a poor away team. They'll need some impressive away victories before they are taken that seriously.

They're not a lot worst than the top teams in the West and certainly better than those below them. Wins at Houston (twice), Golden State, Memphis, Indiana, LA Lakers, Chicago and OKC. With their basically invincible home court, they should be a tough team in the playoffs. Not saying they're winning the west, but definitely in the discussion right now.

rando14

they just won in OKC on a b2b with the previous game going to OT, that's impressive as fuck

their poor road record is a little inflated because of how slow they started the year, losses in Philadelphia and Orlando lulz

Their win in OKC was impressive but even as recent as last month they were slain in Toronto and DC. I still want to see more solid away wins as proof

giri

How is Durant supposed to get single coverage if you trade his best wing teammate?

They're doubling off of perk and thabo already, so it's not like it would be a new situation.

And the obvious intent is to get back someone good.

I hate to say it, cause, well, i don't want him. But something like gortat, dragic, dudley for YNB & Perk would make the thunder a much better team.

rando14

OKC is just in a slump. So much kneejerking in here.

Not really a slump per se, they've just consistently been losing to the elite west teams: denver, spurs, memphis, then denver again at home. They'll still do well but they're not necessarily a lock to win the West like some believed imo

Top Bottom