• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Talon

Maybe I need to get over the Lebron hate I have. Why I have it I don't know....oh yeah it's the way he acts and disrespects the game and showboats. Must have learned it from Wade. Jordan, magic, Bird, Kareem....the list goes on....those guys never did the taunting and crap he is doing now. We get it, your good. Now act like a professional and represent the game of basketball the way it's meant to be.
Yeah, Michael Jordan never taunted anyone in his life.

crpav

Yeah, Michael Jordan never taunted anyone in his life.

Show me, show me Jordan dunking on someone and then standing over them staring them down. Show me Jordan posing after hitting a game tying 3 and then banging his chest afterwards and doing some Harlem shake dance down the court. Show me! Trash talk is one thing, Lebroning is another. I guess I'm too old school for today's NBA.

paully

Banned
lebronslays_medium.gif
I fucking hate this guy. He's a great player, but he can be incredibly unlikable.

Show me, show me Jordan dunking on someone and then standing over them staring them down. Show me Jordan posing after hitting a game tying 3 and then banging his chest afterwards and doing some Harlem shake dance down the court. Show me! Trash talk is one thing, Lebroning is another. I guess I'm too old school for today's NBA.

Stop.

PBY

Banned
Maybe I need to get over the Lebron hate I have. Why I have it I don't know....oh yeah it's the way he acts and disrespects the game and showboats. Must have learned it from Wade. Jordan, magic, Bird, Kareem....the list goes on....those guys never did the taunting and crap he is doing now. We get it, your good. Now act like a professional and represent the game of basketball the way it's meant to be.
LMAO

Not sure if serious.

paully

Banned
Is Space Jam your only exposure to Michael Jordan?

Talon

Pretty sure that last one is after that awesome baseline dunk where Jordan clowned three Knicks in one move.

Your old school mythologizing never existed. Stop taking yourself so seriously. Every star athlete has been an asshole on the court or field. Except for AC Green. But he wasn't a star. Just a virgin.

looooooooooooooooooool

crpav

Pretty sure that last one is after that awesome baseline dunk where Jordan clowned three Knicks in one move.

Your old school mythologizing never existed. Stop taking yourself so seriously.

Hmm, can I change my one and only vote to Stockton then? Ok, I get it. I am done now. I'll leave it at I went too far and said crazy stuff. There are fans of a player and there are those who are not fans of that player. Always has been always will be.

The only guy who comes close to this non-taunting ideal is Kareem and he often got blasted by sports media for being too passive, not passionate enough and seemingly disinterested at times.

I am going to refrain from racism

Anyways, I don't know why you guys give a damn if athletes are angels or not, who cares as long as they're not committing crime and shit? Jesus did you guys also want TD celebrations banned in the NFL?

Vestal

Your old school mythologizing never existed. Stop taking yourself so seriously. Every star athlete has been an asshole on the court or field. Except for AC Green. But he wasn't a star. Just a virgin.

I still remember Jordan and 1 dunk over Ewing. Standing over Patrick screaming "YEAH SUCKER YEAH"

QFT

Learn what fuckball is.

Actually watch the grizzlies.

Grizzlies series have been amazing the last 2 years.

Z-Bo isn't their best player. They play the best D since that boston 08 team (and maybe better) and are only getting stronger the more tayshaun? prince plays with them.

They have a pretty good record against the western elite teams, iirc.

1 - 2 vs clippers (1 game to go)
1 - 2 vs spurs (1 game to go)
2 - 1 vs OKC (series finished)
1 - 3 vs Denver (series finished) [all games decided by 5 points or less]

I don't like the denver match up for them, never have.

Out side of that, They've proven they can beat the best in the west. Regularly.

A lot of those losses to the above teams were also prior to the rudy gay trade. They've been on fire since.

Their style of play is ideal to play off basketball. It's not suited to the regular season.

So.... there's a lot to like about the grizz in the play offs.

I see people feel strongly about the Grizzlies.

If people disagree about the fuckball comment, then let´s just say i never enjoyed watching those great defensive teams like the Knicks of the 90´s or the Pistons of the 00´s play. They will always be fuckball in my eyes. They look like an east team playing and that´s not a good thing.

But if Z-Bo isn´t their best player, then who is? Gasol? Conley?

Also, that 5-8 record against the west best that you mentioned is not that great. I really only see them coming out of the first round if they end up in the 3rd seed, playing the Warriors.

Maybe I need to get over the Lebron hate I have. Why I have it I don't know ***INSERT EPIPHANY*** oh yeah it's the way he acts and disrespects the game and showboats. Must have learned it from Wade. Jordan, magic, Bird, Kareem....the list goes on....those guys never did the taunting and crap he is doing now. We get it, your good. Now act like a professional and represent the game of basketball the way it's meant to be.

charsace

Dude you're crazy. Lebron staring down dude after he piped on him was glorious. Lebron should have stepped over his corpse after the kill.

People in the NBA should taunt more.

ohNOitsRO

This.... Can't be real

J2 Cool

So one week and 3 scrubs for the Heat away from Heat/Bulls. Does Derrick Rose return for that home game, and does it matter if he does? I'd be surprised if Rose wasn't realistic about the Bulls chances of beating the Heat in the playoffs, coming off an injury.

In some ways, people say he shouldn't play this season because he's not beating the Heat this postseason, but to beat the Heat one game at home to end their record threatening streak? I would think that would have to intrigue the competitor in Rose, who's reportedly been having some great scrimmage practice games recently. He's still been cleared to play for awhile now, so it's entirely up to him and how confident in his abilities he is. Is a week too short of time to expect him back? I think odds are very quickly turning very 50/50 that he doesn't play at all this season, but that's a game I could see enticing him back.

effzee

So one week away and 3 scrubs for the Heat away from Heat/Bulls. Does Derrick Rose return for that home game, and does it matter if he does? I'd be surprised if Rose wasn't realistic about the Bulls chances of beating the Heat in the playoffs, coming off an injury.

In some ways, people say he shouldn't play this season because he's not beating the Heat this postseason, but to beat the Heat one game at home to end their record threatening streak? I would think that would have to intrigue the competitor in Rose, who's reportedly been having some great scrimmage practice games recently. He's still been cleared to play for awhile now, so it's entirely up to him and confident in his abilities he is. Is a week too short of time to expect him back? I think odds are turning very 50/50 that he doesn't play at all this season.

That would be the most epic moment of the season. Rose comes back. Heat lose and end the streak.

DO IT ROSE!

J2 Cool

I fucking hate this guy. He's a great player, but he can be incredibly unlikable.

Half of me says "cool gif", the other half sees this from an opposing player's pov and thinks "so premature, melodramatic, and self-aggrandizing". That type of shit would fire someone like Kobe up, or maybe even a Chris Paul. I really hope 'Bron plays against someone like that in the Finals, who will challenge him in the final 2-4 minutes of a game. Durant's too nice. Too bad Lakers are a joke, cause Kobe's out of his mind this season and may not have another one like this in the future. Kobe/Bron would be one of the greatest missed Finals opportunities I can think of, the likes of Hakeem/MJ (which genuinely still upsets me we didn't get to see).

Spurs as great as they are, I don't know if Parker and Ginobli going at the Heat in the clutch is the same thing, Bron could actually guard Manu the last 5 minutes of the game if he wants and out physical him. Manu hits big shots, but watching him force the issue against the Thunder last year or when he doesn't have it going is not pretty.

J2 Cool

Why the bleeep would Rose come back for
The heat, when he won't even play against scrubby teams

The Bulls clearly had a rivalry with the Heat in the past, and Rose with Lebron to a lesser extent. It makes sense to his character. Rose is a competitor, Kobe's called him and Chris Paul the most like him in terms of demeanor. Also, he's still expected to return by a lot of people at some point, so why wouldn't it be the Heat? He's certainly not going to purposely avoid the game. It's completely in his time table of returning. Not like I would put money on him returning, because I'm very rapidly starting to think he doesn't return this season, but if he does it's one of those games left I could see luring him back. As a fan, that's something I'd hold out for if only for the morale boost. Also, I don't want him to return with 2-3 regular season games left, or first game of the postseason. That's just no time to get back into the speed of the game, so the next week or two seems most ideal if he is coming back this season.

Rose should come back if only just to get the cobwebs and fear of being re-injured out his head. One hard breakaway dunk in the open court would probably do his psyche wonders.

Edit: and then follow it up with a rose throw over his shoulder, preferably against the Heat.

xnipx

Rose coming back will probably be similar to Gilbert coming back from his injury to play the Cavs. 4-2 at best but a good gesture. Too bad that was the last we saw of semi decent Agent Zero

It was strange there was no more "I'm glad we didn't sign Deron" posts yesterday during that Mavs-Nets game.

I'm a Mavs fan and he's not worth his contract. The Utah Jazz system and Sloan is essentially what made him what he is. Granted, the Mavs would be better off with Deron starting rather than what they have trotting out now, but it would have still been a huge waste of money. Look at the fact that he was being guarded by Mike James for a good portion of that game (does anyone else even know who that guy is on this board besides Mavs fans?).

Omega

Banned
there's no way this is serious

two of his most iconic moments fit both those scenarios

I actually thought he handled that murderous dunk about as deadpan as you could imagine. Really stoic, in a way. I know I would have handled it way worse.

Also, Lebron doesn't punch his teammates. Jordan does.

Omega

Banned
I actually thought he handled that murderous dunk about as deadpan as you could imagine. Really stoic, in a way. I know I would have handled it way worse.
if he thinks LeBron is bad, good thing he never saw Shawn Kemp

also, Pippen has the most disrespectful dunk ever. so much for old school = class

Someone turn on the bionic signal.

Top Bottom