• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

SamuraiX-

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27638-1363792783-0.gif

I'm sorry but would somebody please confirm that CP58 was fined for this shit? Please?

What a fucking clown.

Unless CP is auditioning for a career in acting after he retires he needs to start thinking twice about the bs he pulls. He hasn't done shit in the playoffs, and unless that changes he'll be more known for flopping than being a great player.

Vahagn

I'm kinda digging that Lebron sumo wrestler stomp down. It could be his trademark thing like The Kobe unhinged jaw or the Jet's flying motion...But don't overuse it. He did it in Boston after the game winner and in Cleveland too.

J2 Cool

Pretty sure that last one is after that awesome baseline dunk where Jordan clowned three Knicks in one move.

Your old school mythologizing never existed. Stop taking yourself so seriously. Every star athlete has been an asshole on the court or field. Except for AC Green. But he wasn't a star. Just a virgin.

One's pretty clearly competitive gesturing, the other self-aggrandizing bullshit in a way. Also, at least 2 out of those 3 MJ pics are playoffs, maybe all 3. Definitely a difference.

if he thinks LeBron is bad, good thing he never saw Shawn Kemp

also, Pippen has the most disrespectful dunk ever. so much for old school = class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

hahaha. For the record, I'm completely okay with standing over someone and staring. Superhero posing during 3's, not as much. Totally subjective, but it's just so douchey. I don't even hate the chest bump and hand motions.

hahaha. For the record, I'm completely okay with standing over someone and staring. Superhero posing during 3's, not as much. Totally subjective, but it's just so douchey. I don't even hate the chest bump and hand motions.
People kill Novak after he did the belt, which he only does after hitting 4 or more 3's. LeBron should be destroyed.

Maybe I need to get over the Lebron hate I have. Why I have it I don't know....oh yeah it's the way he acts and disrespects the game and showboats. Must have learned it from Wade. Jordan, magic, Bird, Kareem....the list goes on....those guys never did the taunting and crap he is doing now. We get it, your good. Now act like a professional and represent the game of basketball the way it's meant to be.

Dat blind hate. Jordan? Really?? And Barkley says hi btw. Also, Bird was no saint either. Maybe not as demonstrative as the others but his on the court trash talk was legendary. This is more or less common knowledge even among the most casual of sports fans.

So taunting is ok when you're a star? lol. Either it's fine for everyone or it's not, I choose the latter. Also, at least what Novak does isn't really a taunt.

Everyone should be allowed to taunt but if you're garbage you're basically playing yourself see:Novak.

Lol and wtf, taunting isn't ok for anyone, do you Novak, DOYOU!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Bron had just brought the team from down 27 to tie the game. He doesn't deserve to be a little pumped up?
Wow some of you guys are ridiculously sensitive about what a player should or shouldn't be allowed to do.

effzee

Bron had just brought the team from down 27 to tie the game. He doesn't deserve to be a little pumped up?
Wow some of you guys are ridiculously sensitive about what a player should or shouldn't be allowed to do.

Exactly! I am sure all the emotion, anger, and adrenaline was kicking in full steam at that moment. Especially playing in Cleveland and playing so bad for 2.5 quarters.

I don't know if he has developed the killer instinct "I hate losing no matter what" mentality Kobe has, but for all the flack he received early on about seemingly not caring this new LeBron seems to want it a lot more.

PBY

Banned
Exactly! I am sure all the emotion, anger, and adrenaline was kicking in full steam at that moment. Especially playing in Cleveland and playing so bad for 2.5 quarters.

I don't know if he has developed the killer instinct "I hate losing no matter what" mentality Kobe has, but for all the flack he received early on about seemingly not caring this new LeBron seems to want it a lot more.
We still think this mythical killer instinct exists? Why do we project these characteristics onto players solely based on results? I swear, KDs gonna wear this loser label for a few years until he wins and then well all be like OH SHIT NOOOW HE'S A KILLER. So unnecessary and useless.

KingKong

Taunting is always OK and players should do it as much as possible, if you dunk on a guy for example you should be allowed to taunt for up to 10 seconds

giri

We still think this mythical killer instinct exists? Why do we project these characteristics onto players solely based on results? I swear, KDs gonna wear this loser label for a few years until he wins and then well all be like OH SHIT NOOOW HE'S A KILLER. So unnecessary and useless.

I think KD is more trying to make the best of a stupid situation than a "loser".

effzee

To be honest I don't think it exists or care for it either. Its just another one of those immeasurable intangibles supposedly "great players" have. Personally I don't think you get to be great, like the level LeBron is at, by sleep walking to it. The amount of hours in the gym, practice, and desire to win (even if its not visually evident) has to do be there otherwise all the talent in the world doesn't materialize.

I think what I meant to say is that people killed him when it didn't "look" like he cared too much about losing. And now because he bumps his chest or stares down Jason Terry all of a sudden he is a clown. Lesson is no matter what he does how he does it he will be killed for it by a certain segment of fans and he owes it all to the decision and this nonsense of constantly comparing one great player to another and the ultimate (useless) comparisons to Jordan.

The NBA is a game of theatrics. In light of that fact, I find LeBron's taunting shtick not only perfectly palatable but also extremely entertaining (even as a former avowed LeBron derider). I really hope he continues doing it.

Smokey

So Royce White left the Rockets D-League team. Hopefully this clown is out of basketball for good now. Show up collect some checks and then bounce "at the advice of doctors".

Problem with Royce is that he's sending the wrong message to anxiety sufferers.

If he could find some way within him to man up and try to beat this thing it'd be a HUGE positive impact for those who suffer anxiety.

Instead he thinks "lol look, the NBA agreed to make it easy for me to avoid my mental health issues by letting me do x"

My only question at this point is how the fuck did these questions not get asked during workouts? Can't believe the Rockets didn't properly scout the kid.

Smokey

Problem with Royce is that he's sending the wrong message to anxiety sufferers.

If he could find some way within him to man up and try to beat this thing it'd be a HUGE positive impact for those who suffer anxiety.

Instead he thinks "lol look, the NBA agreed to make it easy for me to avoid my mental health issues by letting me do x"

My only question at this point is how the fuck did these questions not get asked during workouts? Can't believe the Rockets didn't properly scout the kid.

They did. He lied to everybody. Go back and watch some of the pre-draft videos/interviews with him when it was brought up.

giri

The NBA is a game of theatrics. In light of that fact, I find LeBron's taunting shtick not only perfectly palatable but also extremely entertaining (even as a former avowed LeBron derider). I really hope he continues doing it.

Frankman, is this your alt?

The NBA isn't wrestling.

If you want to watch a gentleman's sport stick to golf or tennis

I will enjoy my favorite athletes trash talking and taunting each other

I love Chris Paul and everything, but I agree that the flopping needs to stop if he expects to get meaningful calls in games. I'm wondering if his contract talks this off-season are going to include being reimbursed for flopping fines.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If you want to watch a gentleman's sport stick to golf or tennis

I will enjoy my favorite athletes trash talking and taunting each other

The more the merrier.
The only thing that bothers me is my thought process when I eat Honey Nut Cherrios now. They are um, kinda ruined for me.

Top Bottom