• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Getting pumped is different than running your mouth all day tho

Very. I could never do that even if I wanted. Some guys seems like they have a monologue prepared.
I coach now and I will sit a player if the talking and emotion turns into taunting.
But I have zero issue with Bron standing and looking at the crowd after hitting a big shot and tying the game or him doing his new push thing he is doing.

Flash

lol holy crap lebron.

I hated the dude before because I thought he was overrated (and immature) as shit but that's definitely not the case anymore.

The guy is a one man wrecking crew out there, a man playing among children. I don't mind the swagger either, he's got a ring (and more to come) along with multiple MVPs to back it up.

If only he wasn't on that bullshit Heat team so I could maybe root for him... lol that team is just so unfair it's unbelievable. 3 all stars along with the best role player in the NBA? And then you got guys like Ray too? Ugh.

Vahagn

lol holy crap lebron.

I hated the dude before because I thought he was overrated (and immature) as shit but that's definitely not the case anymore.

The guy is a one man wrecking crew out there, a man playing among children. I don't mind the swagger either, he's got a ring (and more to come) along with multiple MVPs to back it up.

If only he wasn't on that bullshit Heat team so I could maybe root for him... lol that team is just so unfair it's unbelievable. 3 all stars along with the best role player in the NBA? And then you got guys like Ray too? Ugh.

Daryl Morey is that you?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I had totally forgotten that Gay was drafted by Houston originally.

So what's the verdict? Good trade for Houston?

I really don't think so... Shane was good, but he was never going to get any better. Rudy was basically a fringe all-star for years and never developed at all really.

He would've been a better player with JVG, McGrady, and Yao.

Vahagn

are you referring to that Gay-Battier deal?

lol any GM would and should make that trade unless they are in direct contention for a ring.

While I'm not a big Gay fan. You still traded a talent good enough to be top 3 on any team for a role player with exactly one offensive skill. And it's not like that move led to more signings and more moves that made their team better. Arguably the Rockets' least significant and talented years were the years that Shane Battier was a Rocket. Early McGrady/Yao years and the 2012-2013 iteration of the Rockets is leaps and bounds better talent wise than most of the years Shane Battier was there. (although they did make the second round finally that one year)

And since Morey basically made Houston one big revolving door during his tenure, I don't give him credit for much of anything. Develop Aaron Brooks, trade Aaron Brooks for Dragic, Bench Dragic. Let Dragic Leave, re-sign Aaron Brooks. Same script for Jeremy Lin. Let Artest leave, Sign Ariza to take his place, Trade Ariza. Draft Budinger, Trade him. Develop Lowry, let him leave.

While it's clear this Houston team has talent, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone but Harden was gone in 2 years, and then brought back, and then traded, etc.

Flash

While I'm not a big Gay fan. You still traded a talent good enough to be top 3 on any team for a role player with exactly one offensive skill. And it's not like that move led to more signings and more moves that made their team better. Arguably the Rockets' least significant and talented years were the years that Shane Battier was a Rocket. Early McGrady/Yao years and the 2012-2013 iteration of the Rockets is leaps and bounds better talent wise than most of the years Shane Battier was there. (although they did make the second round finally that one year)

And since Morey basically made Houston one big revolving door during his tenure, I don't give him credit for much of anything. Develop Aaron Brooks, trade Aaron Brooks for Dragic, Bench Dragic. Let Dragic Leave, re-sign Aaron Brooks. Same script for Jeremy Lin. Let Artest leave, Sign Ariza to take his place, Trade Ariza. Draft Budinger, Trade him. Develop Lowry, let him leave.

While it's clear this Houston team has talent, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone but Harden was gone in 2 years, and then brought back, and then traded, etc.

whoops, I blame my tiredness I kind of mistook what you were saying. I agree that Gay-Battier trade was extremely stupid on Rockets part, regardless of how things played out.

Extremely pointless trade lol. But I still say Battier the best role player in the league. He puts the Heat over the top IMO.

giri

Rockets. Rudy basically rotted through stagnation in Memphis.

Imagine if the Grizz had not traded Love for Mayo
Or if instead of thabeet they took Harden or Curry.

Their bigs rotation of M.Gasol, Z-bo and Love
Starting back court of Conley & T.Allen with Harden off the bench.

So I don't usually watch college ball but since it was the only thing on TV today I watched a little of that Oregon/Oaklahoma game and this Smart dude sure is an adept flopper.

He could probably flop with the best in the NBA. Manu,Harden,CP3,etc...

His neck whiplash game is strong.

also, people have a problem with taunting? lol that shit is hilarious. I thought Lebron's push down thing would be least offensive since he's just hyping himself up.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Consistently one of the best teams in the league.

I can understand that you wouldn't be able to recognize what that looks like doe

Except the fact that they won 34 games which positioned them to draft Rudy Gay in the first place.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Very. I could never do that even if I wanted. Some guys seems like they have a monologue prepared.
I coach now and I will sit a player if the talking and emotion turns into taunting.
But I have zero issue with Bron standing and looking at the crowd after hitting a big shot and tying the game or him doing his new push thing he is doing.

As coach getting pumped is cool just do it while coming back on D

rando14

Damien Wilkens has 20 pts. He is literally our best player right now/lately.

what is my life?

ibz40kHDhQ7RFP.gif

Top Bottom