• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

May was a 13th pick. It's not like they took him 5/6th.

Yeah, but look at who they passed on. And a lot of people were foaming at the mouth over Morrison, but I wasn't one of them. I said from the start that Redick would be the better player because of his coaching, work ethic, and range.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, but look at who they passed on. And a lot of people were foaming at the mouth over Morrison, but I wasn't one of them. I said from the start that Redick would be the better player because of his coaching, work ethic, and range.

Reddick just came off a DUI, back injuries, and getting exposed by LSU. That's exactly why he dropped - also, he was undersized. He didn't even contribute in the league until Orlando decided to not bury him behind Keith "mafuckin" Bogans. Morrison and May both got essentially crippled by injuries and a FO that was not committed to developing talent in any shape, fashion, or form. Okafor, Felton, DJ, etc all completely stagnated or regressed because the environment under Bob Johnson was nothing that anyone could succeed in.

Hindsight is dope though.

They passed on Danny Granger...a guy who no one knew about nor that he would be this good, David Lee (same as Granger) a guy who 29 teams passed on, Monta and Lou Williams two undersized gunner who people thought should have went to college.

and that's it.

May was a monster in college and he like Morrison got hurt (although he then proceeded to eat himself out of the league).

It's easy to look back on draft and say "they should have done thiiiiis".

Only Thabeet and Marvin Williams are guys of recent years that were bad picks then and now that I can think of.

Players that the Bobcats have passed on in NBA Drafts: Bynum, Granger, David Lee, Ilyasova, Ellis, Gortat. That is one draft class.

In the next draft they passed on Roy and Gay in favor of Morrison. Hell, Redick would have been a better pick. Or even Sefolosha. You know the Bobcats had the number 50 pick that year and passed on Rondo and Millsap?

Next year they took Brandon Wright over Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol, and Splitter.

Next year they took Augustin (who isn't even with the team anymore) over Brook Lopez and Roy Hibbert. Oh, and they took Alexis Ajinca over Serge Ibaka, Ryan Anderson, Pekovic, Chalmers, Asik, and Dragic.

I'm sick of typing. Some people can say they've had bad luck, but a team doesn't pass on that type of talent year in and year out without being fucking shitty at scouting. They could have a borderline all star team assembled at this point.

Players that the Bobcats have passed on in NBA Drafts: Bynum, Granger, David Lee, Ilyasova, Ellis, Gortat. That is one draft class.

In the next draft they passed on Roy and Gay in favor of Morrison. Hell, Redick would have been a better pick. Or even Sefolosha. You know the Bobcats had the number 50 pick that year and passed on Rondo and Millsap?

Next year they took Augustin (who isn't even with the team anymore) over Brook Lopez and Roy Hibbert. Oh, and they took Alexis Ajinca over Serge Ibaka, Ryan Anderson, Pekovic, Chalmers, Asik, and Dragic.

I'm suck of typing. Some people can say they've had bad luck, but a team doesn't pass on that type of talent year in and year out without being fucking shitty at scouting. They could have a borderline all star team assembled at this point.

The Bobcats traded Brandan Wright.

All of the other examples are examples of them valuing "immediate impact" over future potential which directly contradicts your original argument.

DY_nasty

I'm suck of typing. Some people can say they've had bad luck, but a team doesn't pass on that type of talent year in and year out without being fucking shitty at scouting. They could have a borderline all star team assembled at this point.
This shit is so full of hindsight and outright denial of who was worth what at the time...

You're making it sound like we drafted Jordan Hills, Wes Johnsons, Joe Alexanders, and Marvin Williams
All of the other examples are examples of them valuing "immediate impact" over future potential which directly contradicts your original argument.

And especially this.

You're making it sound like we drafted Jordan Hills, Wes Johnsons, Joe Alexanders, and Marvin Williams

lol That's exactly what they did. How many Bobcats draft picks are still in the NBA or still with the team? A big name failure is still a failure no matter how you slice it.

I'm sick of typing. Some people can say they've had bad luck, but a team doesn't pass on that type of talent year in and year out without being fucking shitty at scouting. They could have a borderline all star team assembled at this point.

Bynum totally went before May bro. No one knew about Granger/Lee being this good. Monta was a fucking second rounder. It;s like saying "oh man they totally should have taken Tony Parker yo...everybody knew he was this good back then...dumb teams". Ersan literally JUST started playing good....and Gortat is meh.

and Rondo went like 21st overall..wtf are you even talking about?

You are really getting on them for passing on guys no one knew about? Serge was a project that honestly only panned out because they have Durant.

It's easy to cherry pcik past drafts to pick out guys who should have went higher...but dudes fall for other reasons. Roy for example fell because his knees were red flagged. Rudy was a lazy fuck at UConn. Marc Gasol was fat and not good back then.

You are just looking at names and syaing..yeah they passed on this guy not realizing that at the time there was a reason for that.

They fucked up but they havent taken any Thabeet type dudes

like come on.

DY_nasty

lol That's exactly what they did. How many Bobcats draft picks are still in the NBA or still with the team? A big name failure is still a failure no matter how you slice it.

Take a look at your posts and try to understand how your argument has changed almost completely since your started your monthly " reasons why #ihatebobcats rant"

Take a look at your posts and try to understand how your argument has changed almost completely since your started your monthly " reasons why #ihatebobcats rant"

The gist of my argument has remained the same: the Bobcats are the league's worst team at drafting. I don't remember ever thinking, "Adam Morrison, Sean May, and Augustin are going to be high impact players that are going to be able and help this team contend." That is the definition of a project to me.

Spurs missing a lot of open threes, this isn't going to last :(

Switching mid-argument from "bad teams shouldn't take players they have to wait on" to "the Bobcats should have taken Tiago Splitter and waited four years for his European contract to expire" is interesting though.

DY_nasty

The gist of my argument has remained the same: the Bobcats are the league's worst team at drafting. I don't remember ever thinking, "Adam Morrison, Sean May, and Augustin are going to be high impact players that are going to be able and help this team contend." That is the definition of a project to me.

You don't know what a project is.

And there are teams much, much worse at drafting. Developing talent? A different thing entirely. Bob Johnson's organization was entirely different than MJ's - but that's not even the point you're trying to make either.

Top Bottom