• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Wait are yall trying to say Copelands not a scrub?

All this anger. You don't have to live like this guys.
oh he's a scrub no doubt. Maybe one day with a lot of work he can become a halfway decent role player, but I don't need your bi-curious self to start talking shit. No one even really brought him up, I'm trying to watch my New York Nuggets play.

Just because you're all alone and want fellow Nuggets fans who don't just show up for the playoffs you ain't getting anyone else.

Mike Woodson looks pissed off considering what the score is, obviously due to how sloppily the Knicks are playing. They should be up 20, and the last 5-6 minutes Carmelo went into full Chuck Mode. Made no sense considering the 1st 18 minutes any time he was doubled he passed immediately. They were tripling him and he still went for the bucket.

Friday Night MSG,
Knicks and Raptors the Game of the Week,
The Raptors got Gay,
Now they can play,
This I gotta see (HEEYYYYYY)

I gotta GET THERE...
as fast as I can! (eyyy)
We're talking Friday Night Knicks on MSG
You got a front row seat,
I do it just to get there!!!

fnk-dl-440x244.jpg

Mike Woodson looks pissed off considering what the score is, obviously due to how sloppily the Knicks are playing. They should be up 20, and the last 5-6 minutes Carmelo went into full Chuck Mode. Made no sense considering the 1st 18 minutes any time he was doubled he passed immediately. They were tripling him and he still went for the bucket.

Friday Night MSG,
Knicks and Raptors the Game of the Week,
The Raptors got Gay,
Now they can play,
This I gotta see (HEEYYYYYY)

I gotta GET THERE...
as fast as I can! (eyyy)
We're talking Friday Night Knicks on MSG
You got a front row seat,
I do it just to get there!!!

fnk-dl-440x244.jpg

If you got there, you wouldn't be here hyping up a low class jingle

This line of thinking is the exact reason why the Bobcats are so bad. Outside of Biyombo, the Bobcats have taken only "safe" and "immediate impact" players in their history and have gotten nowhere because of it. What is the ceiling of a Kemba-MKG-McLemore core? 7th in the East maybe?

Lol

Never waste a tank year

In bad drafts you go for the guys who are most likely able to contribute over guys with higher ceilings. Not really immediate impact, but less bust potential.

Otherwise you end up going for the Jan Veselys of the world over Kawhi Leonard. I think Noels upside is enough to choose him over Mclemore..but that's probably the only guy.

thekad

Banned
Cleveland making trash jumpshots.

Lol

Never waste a tank year

In bad drafts you go for the guys who are most likely able to contribute over guys with higher ceilings. Not really immediate impact, but less bust potential.

Otherwise you end up going for the Jan Veselys of the world over Kawhi Leonard. I think Noels upside is enough to choose him over Mclemore..but that's probably the only guy.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

Lol

Never waste a tank year

Exactly. Besides, what he was saying isn't even true. Sean May, Morrison, and Biyombo were either considered fringe players that likely wouldn't cut it in the NBA or players that were projects. Add Augustine to that too. Hell, Walker is just now getting significant playing time.

The only teams that can afford to take on high ceiling/project type players are teams that are already good. The Bobcats made the playoffs one year and it wasn't because of their young players because all of their younger players have been garbage. The front office has been waiting for them to get better and it will never happen.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Exactly. Besides, what he was saying isn't even true. Sean May, Morrison, and Biyombo were either considered fringe players that likely wouldn't cut it in the NBA or players that were projects. Add Augustine to that too. Hell, Walker is just now getting significant playing time.

May and Morrison were never touted as projects

neither was DJ

da fuq

That's right. There were considered fringe players that a lot of people felt wouldn't even make it in the league. The Bobcats will fuck up this draft even if they get the first pick.

revisionist history.

Morrision was the next great white hope and real talk before Famar took his viginity and before his knees went Bynum, he was turning the corner. Wasn't gonna be a star but I think he could have been a solid player. It's easy to say they should have drafted Roy over him but if they did that back then people would have flipped out.

May came off of beasting dudes to a chip and while I think he was a reach people thought he would at least be a solid rotation player.

It's easy to say they are fringe players or how you thought they would bust but back then that wasn't the case at all.

The Bobcats have shit luck

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You seriously thought Morrison and May were going to be major contributors in the NBA? Now, I can't take you seriously.

I never wanted Morrison.

Didn't stop the fucking Larry Bird comparisons though. Sean May had one of the best Final Four showings of the decade and was looking like he had one of the best big man skillsets coming into the league in years. I don't think you understand what "project player" means.

The only teams that can afford to take on high ceiling/project type players are teams that are already good. The Bobcats made the playoffs one year and it wasn't because of their young players because all of their younger players have been garbage. The front office has been waiting for them to get better and it will never happen.

lol, what the fuck are you talking about? Teams that take non-project players are usually the ones that fail miserably (see Kahn's draft record other than Rubio). Should the Thunder have passed on Russell Westbrook? Should the Blazers have taken Ammo or Shelden Williams over LMA? Was Channing Frye over Andrew Bynum the right pick? Should the Magic have taken Okafor over Dwight?

He's a better scoring Tayshaun Prince.

Not sure how IWMTB thought that sort of player could chip on a team as bad as this offensively...

Everyone and every team sucks this year, he sucks least!

Or so I thought :(

Oh dear. And he's going to be a top-10 pick?

Possibly first overall!

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

I don't think Wreckage and I are even saying the same thing. I don't think the Cats have drafted any projects like...ever. Biyombo might qualify.

What I'm saying is that in a draft like this when people can't even agree on the #1 you can look at a guy like Mclemore and Portner and be like shit, they'll definitely be starters in this league but I want my Kyrie/Durant and then reach on a guy like Alex Len and end up wasting your draft year.

I think the only question this year for the #1 is if you want to go with the best project (Noel) or the player least likely to bust (Mclemore).

It's not really easy.

Porter contesting that alley oop in such terrible position is pretty crazy length...

Edit: Porter doesn't even follow through on his jumper...not sure about his offense at the next level..

Top Bottom