• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

dalVlatko

Noel's draft stock is at an all-time high and he hasn't played in months

this draft sucks

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 1m
No. 2, No. 3, No. 4 & No. 5 players on Big Board now out of the NCAA Tournament. Shabazz (No. 7) next one to go?

pilonv1

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 2m

No. 2, No. 3, No. 4 & No. 5 players on Big Board now out of the NCAA Tournament. Shabazz (No. 7) next one to go?

Going spazz for Shabazz seems like a bad idea now

Was never high on Porter or Smart...in Smarts defense he's got a nice ceiling. Porter has probably not going to get all that much better.

Now we get to see how Shabazz reacts. His draft stock can dive or it can rise tonight.

For me Shabazz still has the Howland taint factor.

Jrue looked like complete ass at UCLA and he's turned out OK.

But other than that....

this draft is naw.

Whatever year Kenyon Martin went #1. Dudes like Marcus Fizer and Dermarr Johnson were lottery picks that year.

Don't forget Martin was nursing a major knee injury too...

still went number 1.

pilonv1

The 2006 class has like rotation 6 players left in the NBA.

Middle of that draft is incredible

8 Rudy Gay
9 Mohammed Sene
10 Patrick O'Bryant :(
11 JJ Redick
12 Hilton Armstrong
13 Thabo Sefolosha
14 Ronnie Brewer
15 Cedric Simmons
16 Rodney Carney
17 Shawne Williams
18 Oleksiy Pecherov
19 Quincy Douby
20 Renaldo Balkman
21 Rajan Rondo
22 Marcus Williams
23 Josh Boone

Emwitus

Bynum totally went before May bro. No one knew about Granger/Lee being this good. Monta was a fucking second rounder. It;s like saying "oh man they totally should have taken Tony Parker yo...everybody knew he was this good back then...dumb teams". Ersan literally JUST started playing good....and Gortat is meh.

and Rondo went like 21st overall..wtf are you even talking about?

You are really getting on them for passing on guys no one knew about? Serge was a project that honestly only panned out because they have Durant.

It's easy to cherry pcik past drafts to pick out guys who should have went higher...but dudes fall for other reasons. Roy for example fell because his knees were red flagged. Rudy was a lazy fuck at UConn. Marc Gasol was fat and not good back then.

You are just looking at names and syaing..yeah they passed on this guy not realizing that at the time there was a reason for that.

They fucked up but they havent taken any Thabeet type dudes

like come on.

I think the issue is actually their training stuff and loser mentality as opposed to scouting. Honestly really. Some guys he listed might have ended up being scrubs on the bobcats. No kidding.

For me Shabazz still has the Howland taint factor.

Jrue looked like complete ass at UCLA and he's turned out OK.

I actually like this draft a lot...it's just a terrible draft for whoever gets #1 overall. Everyone else all the way until like the 13th pick is going to get an okay player.

And I think Shabazz will actually be pretty good in the league. Its just a matter of how much Howlands system fucked him.

By still, I mean I expected him to be playing ball overseas by now.

He played a season overseas.

I forget where he was drafted but I wanted the Wiz to buy a pick for a cash in the way late 1st or early 2nd that year to pick him up. He's sneakily strong and has a high IQ. I'm surprised he's getting this many minutes though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Carney could've been good I think but his injuries.... sheesh

I forget where he was drafted but I wanted the Wiz to buy a pick for a cash in the way late 1st or early 2nd that year to pick him up. He's sneakily strong and has a high IQ. I'm surprised he's getting this many minutes though.
Goes to show how bad Austin Daye is.

Yep, sounds like a Coach K type player.

Miami is ridiculous. They have almost no interior scoring, they're awful at rebounding, and they still kill teams because of backcourt pressure, layups/dunks, and open three point shooters. It's almost like they're out there playing without a PF and C at times.

Miami is ridiculous. They have almost no interior scoring, they're awful at rebounding, and they still kill teams because of backcourt pressure, layups/dunks, and open three point shooters. It's almost like they're out there playing without a PF and C at times.

aint no need to play no mo games son.

He's an ok role player.

But he plays so much because the Pistons have absolutely no depth or talent at SF.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

LeBron James + Dwayne Wade = ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Real talk, is Duncan the best center in the league right now? And if so, when was the last time the best center in the league was 36/about to turn 37?

Top Bottom