• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Its tough to remember the stories of Webber's youth considering how charming and soft-spoken he is today, but he was definitely regarded as a bad egg early in his career. I'm not sure if hes changed, or if the stories were misguided, but the perception was definitely there.

I've always been a fan though. His game was beautiful to watch.

Late to the conversation.

I can remember Webber being enough of an issue that the editor of Slam magazine used his spot at the front of the magazine to call him out. It was hands down the best thing I have ever read in that magazine and if Webber didn't read it or hear about it I would be surprised. Likewise I would be surprised if it didnt effect him.
The editor highlighted Webber's attitude issues and the struggles he was having on the court, and then focused on his potential and how it wasn't too late.
Webber made some significant improvements in his next season.
No way to prove if that article had any effect at all, but I loved it for the bravery it showed. Still haven't seen anything like it in sports journalism.

diehard

Fleer
Favors inspired some heart in his teammates and they actually are trying to win again.

.. its sad because they are just going to be heartbroken again.

Cipherr

Man, the MVP race is so over. Especially the longer this Miami streak goes on, and the more Lebron continues to contribute greatly to the wins. Its just drowning out all the other candidates several times over. Kobe has had a good season, but it's not going to be enough. Ditto for Durant and Tony Parker.

Unreal.

Top Bottom